You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Definitely is getting harder with time. I know I have a form of cyclothymia and thus moods can change, but it is much harder to manage that without enjoyable social interactions. You just end up doing things you don't want to do or enjoy out of a mixture of boredom and inability to concentrate. Like drinking on a Sunday morning or spending too much time on here or other easy distractions!
People who are furloughed and living alone must be really struggling. I don't think I could have coped with it the last few months.

I've gotten used to it to the point I find face to face talking slightly weird!

I think I've engaged in face to face with another human person about 4 times in the last 12 months.
That's tough on anyone! Have you people you can talk with on the phone or whatever? 
At least I live with someone whose company I enjoy and have a few people in work who don't annoy me too much, so I know I am lucky. I still find myself trying to talk to cashiers in the shop now! 
You're not married are ya
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Definitely is getting harder with time. I know I have a form of cyclothymia and thus moods can change, but it is much harder to manage that without enjoyable social interactions. You just end up doing things you don't want to do or enjoy out of a mixture of boredom and inability to concentrate. Like drinking on a Sunday morning or spending too much time on here or other easy distractions!
People who are furloughed and living alone must be really struggling. I don't think I could have coped with it the last few months.

I've gotten used to it to the point I find face to face talking slightly weird!

I think I've engaged in face to face with another human person about 4 times in the last 12 months.
That's tough on anyone! Have you people you can talk with on the phone or whatever? 
At least I live with someone whose company I enjoy and have a few people in work who don't annoy me too much, so I know I am lucky. I still find myself trying to talk to cashiers in the shop now! 
You're not married are ya
No, have lived together for nearly six years. I don't really believe in marriage, or just don't see the point of it, but I think she would like to so will probably have to  take a half day sometime.LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 6:34am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 9:07pm
This is like my own personal thread, reading through it!LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:09pm
Don't want to go back, etc., but I quit my job today and the head is mashed, so any advice would be great.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm

Don't want to go back, etc., but I quit my job today and the head is mashed, so any advice would be great.
Sorry to hear that PM. You just have enough of it and walk or without meaning to cross the line, did you have a meltdown and storm?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sorry to hear that PM. You just have enough of it and walk or without meaning to cross the line, did you have a meltdown and storm?

I have been hanging in there for months and my biggest regret is not making a bigger scene. Tory ****s! Doesn't pay my rent though!LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I have been hanging in there for months and my biggest regret is not making a bigger scene. Tory ****s! Doesn't pay my rent though!LOL
If it was getting to you that much then better off out of it, just a pity you couldn’t have had something else lined up before leaving. Hopefully something else comes up soon although its generally easier to get a job when you have a job. 

Have ,y own moments in work but thankfully, overall its fine and being overpaid and underworked helps.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:26pm
That's the problem. I'm never organised, or blessed with common sense! I just want a job where I'm not treated like a ****, but apparently that's hard these days!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:53pm
That sounds like the norm unfortunately PM, there will always be other jobs and battles ahead. I Hope you have a better day tomorrow Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:04pm

That's the problem. I'm never organised, or blessed with common sense! I just want a job where I'm not treated like a ****, but apparently that's hard these days!
Unfortunately not being treated like a **** in a job these days is something you almost have to bully the employer to do. Im no fan of trade unions, but I do dread to think of where we would be without them. Anyhow, thats kind of another discussion altogether.

In my younger years, I just quit a job without a care in the world, and did so a few times despite having a mortgage fairly young. Just more care free I suppose. Now I wouldn’t dream of just quitting, both for the mortgages (as it is now) and my young lad. 

Im feck all use with advice for this kind of stuff really, but I would suggest just try think it through as rationally as possible, clear your head as best you can and maybe focus on where you want to go in life, with your partner etc. Focus on the positives as much as you can basically. Easy typed I know. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:10am
I didn't actually realise my job didn't recognise my union, they told me they did, which is why I gave them the finger. I'm not going to go down why unions are great, it should be obvious to anyone who doesn't work on Sunday!
Rationality went out the window when I told them where to shove it, I believe the words 'Tory ****s' may have been used too.  What time us drinking acceptable?LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

That sounds like the norm unfortunately PM, there will always be other jobs and battles ahead. I Hope you have a better day tomorrow Thumbs Up
Appreciate that!Thumbs Up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:15am
Need to move quick PM as the bottom of a bottle is not the answer to the questions you are looking for .
Try to get moving in the job market today .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Need to move quick PM as the bottom of a bottle is not the answer to the questions you are looking for .

I was going to suggest the opposite. If you can afford to take a week or two to clear your head, get out and get some fresh air etc then I would do that: You'll be long enough working again once you get going so it's not often the opportunity arises for a small break.
But I suppose everyone will feel differently about whether they want to get looking right away or not.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I was going to suggest the opposite. If you can afford to take a week or two to clear your head, get out and get some fresh air etc then I would do that: You'll be long enough working again once you get going so it's not often the opportunity arises for a small break.
But I suppose everyone will feel differently about whether they want to get looking right away or not.
That's the way I was looking at it. I get paid next week and am owed holiday,  so trying to give the head a week or two to accept things and, hopefully, get back into healthy living.
Not today though, today I'm watching Jack Charlton videos in my underwear and drinking cans of Guinness. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:32am
Keep the head up PM hope things turn around for the better for you soon and in a job you feel bit more appreciated in
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:41am
Had come in to post this before seen pm post. I'm curious to see if people on here feel own mental health has gotten worse in last few months compared to when lockdowns started a year ago

Personally mine is a lot worse I struggle to feel positive at all most of the time just feel like everyday is groundhog day nothing new happening at all. Its a real struggle at times to keep going do have my work to focus on but even that annoying me more recently so much so that I've started to think about leaving (which is extreme for me as unlike most I'm in a job I normally love doing)

Becoming a bit of a social recluse also have very few friends around me anymore as cut ties with so many so called friends but that now means could go days without having any contact with anyone outside of my work and family which are 2 sets of people that can hinder my mental health at times instead of helping it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 34>
  Share Topic