You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:05am
I think its not so much the right to request, but the proposed Code of Practice that's mentioned, as that could potentially have proscriptive measures and set, on a legally persuasive basis (potentially legislative), what an employer can and cant do in an WFH situation. I'll be interested to see how that works, and I'd be interested to know how employers who have had a longstanding, and flexible WFH policy would feel. Cant help but feel that this could be messy.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:08am
No I believe the journalist is correct and has not made an error.  They cant compel employers so the way I see it it's about creating a culture. ISME and IBEC would be up in arms if it compelled employers and also shops and many other businesses would not be able to faciliate this.  The devil will be in the detail regarding why an employer can turn this down but they were never going to make it a standard law that you must be allowed work from home if you wish.   Good employers will work with employees.  

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Jan 2021 at 11:09am
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

First lockdown I took up darts which helped as I could see a lot of improvement, have stagnated a bit though but still fun to play competitively online.

I got a dart board for Christmas, how do you play competitively online?
Download Russ Bray pro app for a start Thumbs Up
Downloaded that over the weekend. A fine app Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

First lockdown I took up darts which helped as I could see a lot of improvement, have stagnated a bit though but still fun to play competitively online.

A ybig darts comp in a few weeks could pass a Saturday evening if we’ve a few people on board? 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 4:34pm

A ybig darts comp in a few weeks could pass a Saturday evening if we’ve a few people on board? 
how does one throw darts online?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

how does one throw darts online?
You use the Russ Bray pro app. You need honesty but I find it enjoyable 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm
BSM "chalk me down for another 180 there lads. decent form this eve" as the darts lay on the floor
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

BSM "chalk me down for another 180 there lads. decent form this eve" as the darts lay on the floor
LOLhad a dart board in the kitchen during the last recession 2007-  
Was playing for hours everyday. Became quite handyBig smileuntil we got new tiles in the kitchen and the darts hitting the wire started to crack the new tiles. That was the end of that!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOLhad a dart board in the kitchen during the last recession 2007-  
Was playing for hours everyday. Became quite handyBig smileuntil we got new tiles in the kitchen and the darts hitting the wire started to crack the new tiles. That was the end of that!
Yeah it’s a pox, have mine in garage/bar now after not being allowed have it in kitchen a few years back LOL
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:48pm
Play on nakka for the scoring and use messanger or whatsaap for the camera. I used to play without a camera but it's not as good. No flow to the match as you don't know what anyone else is doing. I wouldn't usually play randomers though, play against a few I know and in a couple of leagues
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:38am
I used throw darts in the local pub leagues. Never had a board at home. Was told "i'd destroy the wall"...from the ages of about 16-22 I had to make do with putting a dart board at a strategic point on the stairs which was carpeted. 
I started coming home with a few trophies and stuff and I think the mother realised her wall was safe, so I got my dart board up on the wall where it belongs....then I broke my finger fairly badly, lost some tendons and nerves as a result and couldn't grip the dart properly anymore and suddenly hitting the wall became a good shot LOL

Edited by ShamtheRam - 19 Jan 2021 at 8:39am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
JDP_Irelaind1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDP_Irelaind1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
I made this playlist to keep spirits up boys, stay strong https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2EMjkd2MHsJ3rbH2JM2UNZ?si=TcImpiIcQsyIlRCw2d2C6A 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 4:14pm
I am started to struggle with this one over here, to be honest. I am just bored off my tits! I have a boring job where I am currently two weeks on, one off and getting fully paid (it's still sh*te!), so know I am luckier than most and have a furlough partner who is also the person in the world who annoys me least! But I am beyond bored now. This is my week off and have had a routine to keep me sane until now,  exercise etc., but the monotony starts getting to you. Work is boring and home is boring! I appreciate that I live in a time where I can have a book in seconds and have many television programmes I enjoy at the end of my fingertips, but I can only read and watch so much! I have even returned to a former boring pastime of Twitter arguments with liberals, or coming on here,for some entertainment! I had a bet on a horse yesterday and I hate horse racing!
The worst of all is that people are still dying unnecessarily due to this government, making it all feel f**king pointless! I know it isn't, but it's like a return to teenage angst! I have even bought some Placebo on vinyl.LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:51am
I've signed up to do a course here to keep the boredom in the evenings away PM...maybe something on there that interests you.

A few free courses there too.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:36am

I've signed up to do a course here to keep the boredom in the evenings away PM...maybe something on there that interests you.

A few free courses there too.

Google know enough about me already.LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm
Definitely is getting harder with time. I know I have a form of cyclothymia and thus moods can change, but it is much harder to manage that without enjoyable social interactions. You just end up doing things you don't want to do or enjoy out of a mixture of boredom and inability to concentrate. Like drinking on a Sunday morning or spending too much time on here or other easy distractions!
People who are furloughed and living alone must be really struggling. I don't think I could have coped with it the last few months.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Definitely is getting harder with time. I know I have a form of cyclothymia and thus moods can change, but it is much harder to manage that without enjoyable social interactions. You just end up doing things you don't want to do or enjoy out of a mixture of boredom and inability to concentrate. Like drinking on a Sunday morning or spending too much time on here or other easy distractions!
People who are furloughed and living alone must be really struggling. I don't think I could have coped with it the last few months.

I've gotten used to it to the point I find face to face talking slightly weird!

I think I've engaged in face to face with another human person about 4 times in the last 12 months.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I've gotten used to it to the point I find face to face talking slightly weird!

I think I've engaged in face to face with another human person about 4 times in the last 12 months.
That's tough on anyone! Have you people you can talk with on the phone or whatever? 
At least I live with someone whose company I enjoy and have a few people in work who don't annoy me too much, so I know I am lucky. I still find myself trying to talk to cashiers in the shop now! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 34>
  Share Topic