You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 34>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How are you paying off your mortgage?

As in I'll be in a position to payoff a large chunk of it.

How, as in what process? - can you just transfer over money via 365 or something?

No I'm just saving money until my fixed term is up. I'll give them a call then I suppose to ask how I go about paying off a chunk of it. 
Discussed on the mortgage thread recently. Depending on your bank, once you go variable you should be able to just transfer it on the app. You should also check with your bank as some allow you pay up to 10% off even when its fixed so you could be knocking a bit extra off even now and save a bit extra on interest.  I have a standing order set up to pay a hit extra every month and then also just transfer on the app any extra leftover the day before payday. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How are you paying off your mortgage?

As in I'll be in a position to payoff a large chunk of it.

Worse places in the world to be Westport.  

Would you move back full time? 

I'd love to but there is no guarantee that I'll have my job in 10 years time which might result in having to go back to Dublin to get a job. It's definitely something I'd want to do long term though. 

+1 

Been home in Westport the last month myself. If my employer allowed me to work from home and do maybe 1/2 days in the Dublin office, I'd move home immediately but they won't at the moment anyway.  Would have to apply for another job back home. 

Edited by irishmufc - 13 Jan 2021 at 9:25pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 9:46pm
Would you take a pay cut if you were allowed to work from home? I read somewhere that Facebook in the States are allowing staff to work remotely permanently but will review salary in line with cost of living for your area.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:29pm
Glad to see everyone is in good spirits which is the main thing Clap

I've been very fortunate that the Irish Horse Racing Industry has kept going since we restarted last June, which has given me an increased workload if anything so I'm not confined to being in the house day in day out.

I miss coaching a lot, very hard to go from coaching 5/6 days a week to nothing but have an exciting new role for the season ahead and have a good few jobs offer in America if/when it reopens so hopefully get to move over at some point in 2021! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I've been very fortunate that the Irish Horse Racing Industry has kept going since we restarted last June, which has given me an increased workload if anything so I'm not confined to being in the house day in day out.

I miss coaching a lot, very hard to go from coaching 5/6 days a week to nothing but have an exciting new role for the season ahead and have a good few jobs offer in America if/when it reopens so hopefully get to move over at some point in 2021! 

Sounds good delighted for you.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:26am
Im so glad to see the back of 2020, im missing the random conversations with people in the office, but also and i never thought id say this I missed the commute on the train and bike. I look on it now as my partition between work and home and although cramped and without a seat sometimes it allowed me to decompress between work and home.

the marriage has deteriorated throughout the year and is now on its last legs, Im hearing stories from colleagues that several of them have split or are that they are in counseling etc.

Im sorry if this is a bit of a spillage, I suppose I see this post as much for others who are experiencing similar problems as much as myself.

Getting old and intolerant
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:17pm
Completely agree, first lockdown was not too bad. Got out and about for walks with the mrs. as she was off work but rarely see each other now. Living with her family and haven't seen my own in almost a year. Started a new job recently and driving almost 1hr 30 mins each day each way and being stuck at home either side of work is a killer. Normally play football 2/3 times a week so missing this badly, had managed to knock the online gambling on the head pretty much first time around but starting to get back into it which is a disaster. Really hoping the end of all this  is somewhat in sight but not looking good
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Im so glad to see the back of 2020, im missing the random conversations with people in the office, but also and i never thought id say this I missed the commute on the train and bike. I look on it now as my partition between work and home and although cramped and without a seat sometimes it allowed me to decompress between work and home.

the marriage has deteriorated throughout the year and is now on its last legs, Im hearing stories from colleagues that several of them have split or are that they are in counseling etc.

Im sorry if this is a bit of a spillage, I suppose I see this post as much for others who are experiencing similar problems as much as myself.
Agree on the commute.

The marriage is tough alright. We end up having lunch and dinner together each day, without having anything interesting happen to us in between, there's never been so many silences. It's tough. Plus the missus is very afraid of covid, bit of a negative outlook on it and always looking at worst case scenario. She lies awake a lot at night thinking about what would happen if one of us died, how she'd cope financially and with the kids etc. In the past if one of us had a bad week we'd go out for pints, dinner, book a night away or something, nothing to escape from at the moment. Hang in there Huggybear, think everyone is in hibernation mode right now, better days will be here soon
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:37pm

Sorry to hear that Huggy. Make sure you have somebody to talk to. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Agree on the commute.

The marriage is tough alright. We end up having lunch and dinner together each day, without having anything interesting happen to us in between, there's never been so many silences. It's tough. Plus the missus is very afraid of covid, bit of a negative outlook on it and always looking at worst case scenario. She lies awake a lot at night thinking about what would happen if one of us died, how she'd cope financially and with the kids etc. In the past if one of us had a bad week we'd go out for pints, dinner, book a night away or something, nothing to escape from at the moment. Hang in there Huggybear, think everyone is in hibernation mode right now, better days will be here soon

Thanks Shedite sometimes you feel you know this is a wider issue, but you have a perspective that your the problem
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Sorry to hear that Huggy,look after yourself pal
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
That's mad I dont even understand the concept of silence 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sorry to hear that Huggy. Make sure you have somebody to talk to. 

Cheers MC

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:19pm
Has anyone used tinder since Covid started?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has anyone used tinder since Covid started?

Hopefully the lads above dont need to soon fingers crossed 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

First lockdown I took up darts which helped as I could see a lot of improvement, have stagnated a bit though but still fun to play competitively online.

I got a dart board for Christmas, how do you play competitively online?
It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

First lockdown I took up darts which helped as I could see a lot of improvement, have stagnated a bit though but still fun to play competitively online.

I got a dart board for Christmas, how do you play competitively online?
Download Russ Bray pro app for a start Thumbs Up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Those poor Americans can't catch a break.

I hope things work out for Huggy, I am sure they will. It probably just needs the tension to be broken. I would be more worried about whoever said they were sitting in silence! How could you marry someone and not be able to have permanent conversation? If that happened once I would be worries, twice and I would be calling it quits.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 34>
  Share Topic