You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 34>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm
It is the interaction,  especially as the pubs I use have a decent community feel to them! I hope they can all survive this and the bland chains are the ones to suffer! 

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Absolutely fine today and walking home from work along the river helped. I was reading about last night and it seems common for people, regardless of underlying issues, to have a bad day in every four, or thereabouts. I think I have been quite lucky in that regard really. 

I would still murder a proper pint though, it would do a lot of good!
That the river by the park where all the barges do be parked up?
Yeah, I work in a village out along the river from there. It's nice along there.
Yeah i know the spot I’ve often sat down along the river there a very peaceful spot. A couple of pubs nearby aswell.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Apr 2020 at 8:28pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm

It is the interaction,  especially as the pubs I use have a decent community feel to them! I hope they can all survive this and the bland chains are the ones to suffer! 

Exactly love pubs and their characters.

I would love to see Wethersponns getting boycotted after that cretin Martin's behaviour but sadly I can't see it happening.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:30pm

Absolutely fine today and walking home from work along the river helped. I was reading about last night and it seems common for people, regardless of underlying issues, to have a bad day in every four, or thereabouts. I think I have been quite lucky in that regard really. 

Yeah, I work in a village out along the river from there. It's nice along there.
Yeah i know the spot I’ve often sat down along the river there a very peaceful spot. A couple of pubs nearby aswell.
Yeah, the Green Dragon isn't great but has the garden by the river. The Haymakers is decent too, owned by a local brewery. You must be in Cambridge a bit to know out that far? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Exactly love pubs and their characters.

I would love to see Wethersponns getting boycotted after that cretin Martin's behaviour but sadly I can't see it happening.
Yeah, I don't think I can go back now. Unfortunately, for a lot of people he makes drinking out, and eating out, affordable. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:39pm

Yeah, the Green Dragon isn't great but has the garden by the river. The Haymakers is decent too, owned by a local brewery. You must be in Cambridge a bit to know out that far? 
I’ve been there loads of times doing coach tours and I’ve found a few good parking spots out that way and there’s a small co-op supermarket so it’s handy for getting stuff. I’ve been in some of the pubs but only for food there’s a pub across the road from the river has a pool table does food aswell but it’s very quiet.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Apr 2020 at 8:39pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:44pm
The Portland? Music venue? That's five minutes where I am, if so. Decent for gigs, get some good bands for a small venue, but a bit generic otherwise. That's a bit further up there river from the other two though.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:48pm

The Portland? Music venue? That's five minutes where I am, if so. Decent for gigs, get some good bands for a small venue, but a bit generic otherwise. That's a bit further up there river from the other two though.
Yep that’s the one just around the corner from the co-op store. Middle of the day generally when I’d be in so pretty dead the pubs on the riverside be a lot busier.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:53pm

Yep that’s the one just around the corner from the co-op store. Middle of the day generally when I’d be in so pretty dead the pubs on the riverside be a lot busier.
There's a few decent pubs here, a lot of them  are up towards the main station though. I guess with what you do you are hardly looking to sample
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:41pm

Turn2me are an online mental health platform. They do great work with people who are need some support. They are hugely oversubscribed since the lockdown came into effect and they need help. There is a remote work out event organised for next Saturday 30th May. Log on and get involved if you fancy a blow out. If you can afford to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Turn2me are an online mental health platform. They do great work with people who are need some support. They are hugely oversubscribed since the lockdown came into effect and they need help. There is a remote work out event organised for next Saturday 30th May. Log on and get involved if you fancy a blow out. If you can afford to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Giving this a bump. The online fitness class is tomorrow morning at 10am. Any donations are welcome, it's for a great cause. If you're short a few quid but fancy the workout, thats ok too. And if you're not feeling great mentally then get in touch with Turn2Me and let them assist you. 
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:27am
MC , did you watch Mental heath programme on the BBC on Thursday night with Prince William ?

Have to admit i only got half way and had to turn over as i found it hard to watch with these people coming on telling their stories , they are just normal football players and fans boy they were brave i must say .

Same with people on here i dont know what you have been through but i could only handle 30 minutes watching this on my couch .

Keep fighting Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:23am

I didn't see it Murph. I'm a bit of a sensitive sort when it comes to looking at that type of content. I don't mind watching Narco's style ultra violence as it's portrayed almost in a cartoonish manner but real life people baring their souls during tough times is hard to take. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 29 May 2020 at 11:23am
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:46pm
Is that the one that was on before? Filmed in Cambridge?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:55pm

Is that the one that was on before? Filmed in Cambridge?

Nope it was a new one , The Prince went around to see people up and down the country with his Heads up campaign which he is running in line with the FA .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:08pm
Ah right. It was the same campaign when he visited here and talked to a few lads in the dressing room.  It was supposed to be good, but I can't look at any royalty without getting angry.LOL
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 8:56pm
I thought I was coping alright with everything over this period but the last 2 week's as brought me right back to reality with a bang. Been in terrible form serious struggle some days to even get out of the bed to "work from home" and no light at the end of the tunnel in regards to real change as we been told it be phase 5 before even look at going back to the office Ouch 

being confined to house too doesn't help as everyone is on edge as brother in the high risk category and even with things getting a little better can't be too carefully were he is concerned
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I thought I was coping alright with everything over this period but the last 2 week's as brought me right back to reality with a bang. Been in terrible form serious struggle some days to even get out of the bed to "work from home" and no light at the end of the tunnel in regards to real change as we been told it be phase 5 before even look at going back to the office Ouch 

being confined to house too doesn't help as everyone is on edge as brother in the high risk category and even with things getting a little better can't be too carefully were he is concerned

Very sorry to hear that bud hope things pick up for you soon.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 34>
  Share Topic