You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 34>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:04pm
Good to hear, fair play. In that, my worry is the longer this goes on that the problems, in this regard at least,  will really kick in. Right now people are conscious of others and their loneliness, but that might not last in all cases. There’s also the financial security aspect. If you are skint and locked inside, alone, it’s a bad combination.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:12pm
Open to correction, but most people here got the 350 in their accounts this morning, and thats brilliant, we have almost stopped being a Community Mental Health Servive, acute presentations have decreased by 80%, we are now working with the Post Office and Guards just to deliver basic food parcels, and people are brilliant
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:33pm
On a serious note, if anyone here needs direction regarding Mental Health, I am not an expert but have some experience and can route people ...... PM or email brian.maguire@sjog.ie, stay safe and well YBIGersThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:35pm
Clap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

On a serious note, if anyone here needs direction regarding Mental Health, I am not an expert but have some experience and can route people ...... PM or email brian.maguire@sjog.ie, stay safe and well YBIGersThumbs Up

Fair play Brian Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:00am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Good on ya Brian there's a lot of lonely vulnerable people out there and this awful pandemic has made it worse.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:44am
Fair play Brianie
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:17am

Good man Brianie. 

My friend runs this online mental health service. I've flagged it before but no harm in highlighting it again. If you want discreet assistance and need guidance, just create an account and log in. 

El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:34pm
Definitely feeling it myself today. Glad I'm in a better place or I think this could have been a lot worse. My heart goes out to anyone struggling and cooped up on their own. 
I get to go to work every second week and live with an understanding partner, but I miss the normality. The pub, the gig, football, not feeling guilty for being outside. It takes its toll, even when you can understand the necessity of it. Seeing the same flickers all the time makes it like prison!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Definitely feeling it myself today. Glad I'm in a better place or I think this could have been a lot worse. My heart goes out to anyone struggling and cooped up on their own. 
I get to go to work every second week and live with an understanding partner, but I miss the normality. The pub, the gig, football, not feeling guilty for being outside. It takes its toll, even when you can understand the necessity of it. Seeing the same flickers all the time makes it like prison!

Spot on it's tough being on your own but what keeps me going is I'll see my son at the end of this and when I think of the poor people that have lost loved ones I count my blessings.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 4:01pm
Well done boys stay strong and if your feeling a bit down have a chat with a mate.
We all have to stay positive as best we can and have a laugh when we can.
I know football doesnt matter a whole lot at present but hopefully good times return and we all on a happy road and trip again sometime soon.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Well done boys stay strong and if your feeling a bit down have a chat with a mate.
We all have to stay positive as best we can and have a laugh when we can.
I know football doesnt matter a whole lot at present but hopefully good times return and we all on a happy road and trip again sometime soon.

Thanks appreciate that.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
Think everyone here would take a private message from you or anyone else that needs to chat to someone at any time so that options there too. No experts but always someone on here if you've nobody else to talk to
Some people just deserve a slap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
seeing as this is the mental health thread, a plug for Aaron mceniff and Keith ward who will be playing a virtual Dublin derby live on Facebook Friday night, anyone watching please feel free to make donations to Pieta House , a good cause and fair play the two ladsClap
Wonder where the virtual row is taking place??
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 7:52pm
Absolutely fine today and walking home from work along the river helped. I was reading about last night and it seems common for people, regardless of underlying issues, to have a bad day in every four, or thereabouts. I think I have been quite lucky in that regard really. 

I would still murder a proper pint though, it would do a lot of good!
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:03pm

Absolutely fine today and walking home from work along the river helped. I was reading about last night and it seems common for people, regardless of underlying issues, to have a bad day in every four, or thereabouts. I think I have been quite lucky in that regard really. 

That the river by the park where all the barges do be parked up?

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Apr 2020 at 8:03pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

That the river by the park where all the barges do be parked up?
Yeah, I work in a village out along the river from there. It's nice along there.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:17pm

You keep your pecker up bud and you are right about the pints cans and bottles just aren't the same.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 34>
  Share Topic