You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just been to my 1st session with a counsellor and tbh I was sh*tting breaks before I went in as I know I've so much bottled up that needs to come out 

I honestly didn't realise how big an issue it would be for me if I missed 1 of these sessions until this week. I cancelled my session on wednesday because I was tired and still suffering from tonsillitis and regret it now as not been feeling great since and really bad today I've not left the house even made an excuse to get out of going to a mate's for BBQ while watching the football. Hoping tomorrow be a better day
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:22pm

Just been to my 1st session with a counsellor and tbh I was sh*tting breaks before I went in as I know I've so much bottled up that needs to come out 

I honestly didn't realise how big an issue it would be for me if I missed 1 of these sessions until this week. I cancelled my session on wednesday because I was tired and still suffering from tonsillitis and regret it now as not been feeling great since and really bad today I've not left the house even made an excuse to get out of going to a mate's for BBQ while watching the football. Hoping tomorrow be a better day

hope you were better today RB Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:16pm

As NR said, hope you're feeling better today.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:42pm
Been signed off work for a week by my doctor because of my anxiety getting worse I was struggling to even go a day at work without having some kind of breakdown. I've always avoided medication for it wanting to try other options first but have now accepted the medication for my anxiety
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:02pm

Been signed off work for a week by my doctor because of my anxiety getting worse I was struggling to even go a day at work without having some kind of breakdown. I've always avoided medication for it wanting to try other options first but have now accepted the medication for my anxiety
Got to be worth a try hope if it helps you.

Edited by Double Maxim - 13 Jul 2019 at 2:43pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Got to be worth a try hope it helps you.

+1
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:21am
Will the issue of mental health in Ireland ever get better over the course of the last 3 weeks I've seen 2 young lads who were in the year below me at school die did to suicide and it makes me so angry when I think all that will come of it is be 2 more people to add to the statistics Angry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 12:39pm
This is a **** of a time of year for a lot of us mad bastards, the past week and a bit has been the worst I have experienced in a while, this year has been particularly hard due to the election, but I think I am out of the woods. If anybody else is struggling send pM a PM and I will give ya my number. I may be a f**king idiot but I am very experienced in such matters.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 1:49pm
Good to hear that you are in a half decent place in your mind PM long may it continue, and as you rightly say this time of the year is particularly hard on a lot of people for various reasons but communication is a great help believe me, if I can help anyone in any small way I’m just a pm away too.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 1:51pm
one day at a  time  pal. Pick up the phone to anyone talk about anything. Just to help a moment of silliness pass even sent out  a few texts. 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Good to hear that you are in a half decent place in your mind PM long may it continue, and as you rightly say this time of the year is particularly hard on a lot of people for various reasons but communication is a great help believe me, if I can help anyone in any small way I’m just a pm away too.
Thank you. I am all good because I am lucky to have a couple of really good people, but I appreciate it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 2:55pm
Testing times for me personally. 7 year relationship loss because of a 30+ week miscarriage in February.

Had a great meeting with a bottle of Jamesons last night to try and loosen up a bit , its kicking my ass today however 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:22pm
alcohol aint the answer pal ...

PM..that why you left our whats app group? Sad times indeed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I deleted WhatsApp for a few days, no offence meant.LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

we miss youCry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:31pm

we miss youCry
My fortnightly drunken contributions were what made it alright.LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 8:59pm

Your missing out on all the Arlene Foster gags.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Testing times for me personally. 7 year relationship loss because of a 30+ week miscarriage in February.

Had a great meeting with a bottle of Jamesons last night to try and loosen up a bit , its kicking my ass today however 
Hope you got through Christmas ok bud I find loneliness and missing loved ones gets worse with each year.

Edited by Double Maxim - 30 Dec 2019 at 3:12pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 34>
  Share Topic