You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

gonna make this a sticky so it doesn't fall down the list again Thumbs Up
Clap
Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
Sorry to hear how you are feeling PM. No doubting it's that time of year as well where things can get on top of people. One thing I'd say is that a skinful of beer isn't the answer when feeling low. A couple of pints ok, but by the end if a session that low feeling could be 20 times worse.

As lads say here, chat to people close to you. Had a big personal blow myself recently, and I'm definitely a person who likes to deal with stuff by myself, not much talking to others about it. After chatting to a couple of close friends/family there was definitely a feeling of some weight being lifted though. Even just having people around you, there doesn't necessarily have to be a big long conversation had.

Anyway, back to the main topic. A joke.

What is the first sign of madness? 

Suggs walking up your driveway..... 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Sorry to hear how you are feeling PM. No doubting it's that time of year as well where things can get on top of people. One thing I'd say is that a skinful of beer isn't the answer when feeling low. A couple of pints ok, but by the end if a session that low feeling could be 20 times worse.

As lads say here, chat to people close to you. Had a big personal blow myself recently, and I'm definitely a person who likes to deal with stuff by myself, not much talking to others about it. After chatting to a couple of close friends/family there was definitely a feeling of some weight being lifted though. Even just having people around you, there doesn't necessarily have to be a big long conversation had.

Id say its handing MON a pay rise and new contract after getting hammered 5-1 at home to a side like Denmark.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 5:12pm

LOLBig smile That's my level! I genuinely appreciate all the kind wishes, sometimes you need them!

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 6:32pm
You're a top man and a top poster PM. I know I appreciate when you agree with my posts and laugh at my jokes. I definitely rate your replies more than most other posters, anyway. You generally make a great contribution on here.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:46pm
Have been through some dark days myself PM and it’s not easy when you are in that head space, not thinking straight more so negatively, as someone else said try lay off the booze it definitely doesn’t help but you know that already. 

Best of luck with it all PM you’ll get through it, always available for a chat by PM if you need to reach out, don’t face the demons alone you deserve better you’re a great poster on here 👍

Edited by Sono - 12 Nov 2018 at 8:47pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Head has gone. I know I'm a **** on here, but if anybody can help, or make me feel better, I would appreciate it.
Jokes always welcome.

Stop listening to Depeche Mode and stop following Celtic Smile

its only 37 days to the YBIG Xmas do

we are one day closer to MON being gone

Edited by Newryrep - 12 Nov 2018 at 8:55pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 8:55pm
I think you are a cantankerous auld sh*te on here but you do come out with some cracking one liners! Stay strong. Wink
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:17am

The first sign of madness is hair on the plam of your hand .

Now the second sign is looking for them .

Edited by Claret Murph - 13 Nov 2018 at 7:17am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Have been through some dark days myself PM and it’s not easy when you are in that head space, not thinking straight more so negatively, as someone else said try lay off the booze it definitely doesn’t help but you know that already. 

Best of luck with it all PM you’ll get through it, always available for a chat by PM if you need to reach out, don’t face the demons alone you deserve better you’re a great poster on here 👍

Well said Sono being able to chat can make a difference I know that from personal experience and pM has been there for me so I'm only a phone call or message away.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:57am
I hope today is a better day PM, you're a great contributor to the forum and a funny f**ker too Clap
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:12am
Keep the chin up Pre Maddser. Theres always a better day not to far ahead mate Thumbs UpThumbs Up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:13am
Punctuating my post above might bring you some form of normality !
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:16am
Chin up PM. sent ya a msg there on whatasapp. always good to talk my friend. 

a song i always turn to when the head in down is Damien Dempsey's Chris and Stevie, and as Damo says it's all about talking. love yourself today.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
I know a load of jokes about unemployed people but none of them just seem to work
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Keep the chin up Pre Maddser. Theres always a better day not to far ahead mate Thumbs UpThumbs Up
This

I was going through a hard time myself about 5-6 years ago when I was between jobs and low on confidence and morale. If someone had told me at that time that I would be going away on football trips abroad following Ireland and living it up going to a major tournament, I'd have told them to stop talking sh*te.

Thankfully, things did improve for me - I got a permanent job in the NI Civil Service and then my family suggested going on those aforementioned away trips when I was telling them about mates who had been doing so.

Just goes to show, you never know what's (good) round the corner, even if it seems unlikely that better times are ahead. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:47am
The support really means a lot. Thank you. It really helps.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:04pm
Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time PM. I would echo the sentiments about better days being ahead. Around this time last year I was in a pretty bad place, as I was out of work because of a broken ankle. I spent my days of recovery trying to find a new job but what I found myself doing instead was sliding into depression. Every applications I made received no reply and when they did, I was rejected. One such rejection left me so despondent I almost didn't travel to Denmark for the playoff last year. I was angry and upset with everything that was going on in my life. I couldn't even go for a walk to take my mind off things!

Fast forward 12 months, I'm not going to Denmark. Ireland are still playing sh*te but I've got a much better job, I've moved back to Galway and I've a one month old daughter to be thinking about. The contrast is unreal in that time and thankfully my wellbeing is too.

Moral of the story, breaking my ankle was the best thing that happened to me LOL although I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Hope you're feeling better today, great to see the YBIG community supporting one of their own in these times Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
  Share Topic