You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 2:27pm
Top man DM. Genuinely hope you are ok x
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Look after yourself DM and lads . It can be a very tough time of year . I lost my dad just before Christmas last year and my mum just a few weeks before Xmas the year before and this year it’s all really hitting me . I’m lucky that I had a great relationship with both I suppose but life can be a tricky road sometimes.  

Thanks marra thinking about you.

I lost my dad in December 29 years ago when I was 23 I'll always miss him he was a massive influence on me.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 12:31pm
Look after yourself DM and lads . It can be a very tough time of year . I lost my dad just before Christmas last year and my mum just a few weeks before Xmas the year before and this year it’s all really hitting me . I’m lucky that I had a great relationship with both I suppose but life can be a tricky road sometimes.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Any Mens Sheds in your area DM?

Not as such but thanks for suggesting it most appreciated. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 10:53am
Any Mens Sheds in your area DM?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

echo the sentiments above, hope you lads are get through it ok. Came into work this morning for the last shift before Xmas to be told that while I was fast asleep, the shift we were taking over from were dealing with an unfortunate soul who jumped off the Bridge/overpass at the Port end of the tunnel. Its a horrible time of year for so many people Cry 

Thanks bud.

That's so sad the poor guy.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 8:16am
echo the sentiments above, hope you lads are get through it ok. Came into work this morning for the last shift before Xmas to be told that while I was fast asleep, the shift we were taking over from were dealing with an unfortunate soul who jumped off the Bridge/overpass at the Port end of the tunnel. Its a horrible time of year for so many people Cry 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 7:04am
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thanks for the advice bud but it's not quite that simple I'm sitting here currently in tears it's a deep rooted depression.

DM just to say thanks for all the tune's you are listening to throughout the year and games that are on TV. This is a crap time of the year for so many, and you add more to this forum than many others and if you ever need some to talk to just drop me a pm Thumbs Up

Thanks bud that means a lot.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 9:44pm

Thanks for the advice bud but it's not quite that simple I'm sitting here currently in tears it's a deep rooted depression.

DM just to say thanks for all the tune's you are listening to throughout the year and games that are on TV. This is a crap time of the year for so many, and you add more to this forum than many others and if you ever need some to talk to just drop me a pm Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

These next couple weeks can't go quick enough for me normally really look forward to christmas but this year I can't be arsed with any of it.

Being surrounded by people but feeling as if you are all alone is one of the worst feelings have ever experienced. Not even bothered wrapping presents or anything feel like I've given up at the minute but stubbornness keeps me going 

Hope things get better for you pal feel for you.
Have the best Christmas you can lads. DM - Maybe you can get to one of the Sunderland games and just be about a few people. I'm sure in the pub beforehand you'll meet plenty of like minded folk who are happy to have a drink and discuss Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips, Ian Poterfield etc.
Ringer, hang in there and we'll see you in the new year.  

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:09pm

These next couple weeks can't go quick enough for me normally really look forward to christmas but this year I can't be arsed with any of it.

Being surrounded by people but feeling as if you are all alone is one of the worst feelings have ever experienced. Not even bothered wrapping presents or anything feel like I've given up at the minute but stubbornness keeps me going 

Have the best Christmas you can lads. DM - Maybe you can get to one of the Sunderland games and just be about a few people. I'm sure in the pub beforehand you'll meet plenty of like minded folk who are happy to have a drink and discuss Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips, Ian Poterfield etc.
Ringer, hang in there and we'll see you in the new year.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Mind yourself DM.  

Thanks

Top man 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:26am

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 10:49pm

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 8:11pm
Mind yourself DM.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 6:35pm
Being lonely at Christmas feckin horrible.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2023 at 12:35pm

Christ lads Mental health is the most f**ked up thing. I should be living my best life at the minute in a good job, engaged to the best person you could meet and looking forward to a holiday of a lifetime to Orlando with her in march yet I'm in the worst form I've been in for ages literally feel like I'm present in body only my head is gone literally sitting here ready for work and can't be arsed

Can't understand how to beat the f**king thing I've done the counselling, I've done the meds etc and when I think I'm doing alright it comes back at me worse than ever 🤷‍♂️

sorry to hear RB , hopefully you are out the other end of it  - plenty to look forward to 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2023 at 12:10pm
It's definitely one of the tougher times of year I find. Everywhere ya look it looks like everyone is having great nights out, lvoely family time, the reality is very different fr more people.

Add to that then the crap weather and extra hangovers and it's not easy.

Only thing I'd say is to make Christmas what you like, not what people think you are supposed to do. My brother in law decided his perfect day is a day in with his family so literally 3 of them sit in on Christmas for the day and do nothing. Doesn't like turkey so just has a roast chicken isntead. Seems odd, but he's doingwhat he enjoys, never feel any pressure to follow the herd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
  Share Topic