You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **The Annual YBIG QUIZ'18 RESCHEDULED*FRI 8TH FEB*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

**The Annual YBIG QUIZ'18 RESCHEDULED*FRI 8TH FEB*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **The Annual YBIG QUIZ'18 RESCHEDULED*FRI 8TH FEB*
    Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:23am

ClapClapClapClapIt's that time of year again ClapClapClapClapClapClap****

At 19:30 on Friday night (the 30th November  ** we know poster says 28th but thats wrong) we are running the yearly YBIG Quiz fundraiser and YBIG Christmas Party in our HQ at Slatterys. Clap Same as last few years format, with a quiz / raffle / spot prizes and all that lark!

All the money raised on the night will go towards YBIG's charity and friends at Aoibheann's Pink Tie.

As always, it would be great for all YBIG'ers to get involved and come along on the night as its all your very generous donations that is helping this very worthy cause. Thumbs Up Also its always a brilliant night!

Help stop team 'As you were' winning their 3rd title in a row! Cry

More info to follow.......

** Like last time if lads have any prizes (no matter how big or small) they can donate towards the raffle it would all be very much appreciated. Let me know by PM

Also if anyone wants to volunteer to help out on the night send me a PM.
Thumbs Up

19:45pm'ish KO, teams of four, 10'er per person.

Edited by The Count - 31 Jan 2019 at 2:45pm
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:25am
from YBIG quiz 2017.....

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

An absolute fantastic night last night, as always! Thanks to everyone who made the journey. A brilliant €1095 raised last night, which will be added to the €2765 that was also presented to our pal Jimmy Norman and all the heros at Aoibheanns Pink Tie. ClapClapClapClap

Big congrats to team 'As you were' for winning the back to back quizes, and also to nvidic who got the winning bid of €100 in the Auction for the YBIG mystery box. **But then proceeded to drop it on his way back to his seat and smash open the can of tennants that was inside it, pics to follow Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Also well done to the Angries Nordies who narrowly missed out on the 'No Limits' tie breaker. However on a positive note,  SuperDave made up for the humiliation of getting his mastermind chosen subject wrong last year, as was the only one who got the train question right last night!
Also big congrats to NewryRep who celebrated his raffle win with 50 lads singing depeche mode in his face while sporting his knock off YBIG cap. Quote from Mrs NewryRep "Ive never seen him as happy in my whole life"

A special thanks to all the following people for helping out or donating prizes as a lot of work goes into organising these nights to make them successful and fun for everyone there...

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Gash for doing a top job MC'ing
Sham
Shoveonyournicks
Mayo Mark
Steve Amsterdam for supplying about 500 quizes for us to use!
Sligo Hornet
Drog Addict
Colum
Saint Tom
McG
Nvidic
Redladd
Bob Hoskins
Slatterys
Lifestyle sports
Carrolls Irish Gifts

and everyone who bought raffle tickets on the night!

Sorry if I left anyone out Embarrassed
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:03am
great night last year though the tie breaker result was a travesty looking forward to it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:58am
Here we go, 3 in a row. ClapClapClap

Looking forward to this. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:04am
Thumbs Up Have to actually try to attend one of these. I say every year I'll go but never do LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Looking forward to this. 

Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:37am
I'll be thereThumbs Up

Back working in public service so nothing I can donate to the raffle this year and no €100 bids for the secret boxOuch
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:55am
The secret box, an assortment of crap landed on my kitchen table from DrogsAddict - a few additions of more tat in my gaff and a can of Carling added kindly by PhillyK, ladies and gentlemen you have one fine secret box LOL LOL LOL LOL 

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 04 Oct 2018 at 11:56am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:32pm
this year's surprise  prize box is gonna be classic
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Looking forward to this. 

Cool

Booooooooooo
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:17pm
should make it this year
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:18pm
ClapFlights booked there.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It’s not the flights it’s the accommodation that can be steep
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:33pm
Mikey is sorting that.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm

I thought you hated Dublin 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:26pm
LOLThat sarcasm font is definitely needed!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:33pm

LOLThat sarcasm font is definitely needed!

So you're not coming over LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:36am
ahhhh we were gonna bake PM a Dublin YBIG cake too
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic