You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metallica or The Cure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Metallica or The Cure
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [38.98%]
23 [38.98%]
13 [22.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 12:24pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 12:48pm
camping so could be a disasterLOL
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
Really looking forward to this, no real option to drive though as only landing back in Dublin Saturday afternoon so will be heading straight to the venue from the airport. car park will probably be a mud bath at it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 4:29pm
I have been told of plenty of tickets to the Cure on Toutless
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:43am
#teamcure

Our castle is better than yours
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 12:41pm
I can't believe Metallica are leading this.

It's a bit alarming that every year Robert Smith looks more and more like someones aunty, but they are a great band.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

It's a bit alarming that every year Robert Smith looks more and more like someones aunty, but they are a great band.

What’s hard to believe? Metallica were the ones playing to 75k people last night, the cure weren’t

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:53am
Great day out in Slane yesterdayThumbs Up some showers alright but nobody gave a fcuk plenty to eat and drink, Fangclub, Bokassa, STF,, Ghost all put on a great show and finally Metallica, brilliant👍 Slane 2019👏
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

What’s hard to believe? Metallica were the ones playing to 75k people last night, the cure weren’t
Westlife regularly filled Croke Park
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:57pm
A mark of Westlife’s quality.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A mark of Westlife’s quality.
Not to mention Shane and Nicky.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:13pm
The Cure were brilliant last night.

A set list for the real fans. Loads of people present who hadn't a breeze of any songs bar Friday I'm in Love and Just like heaven 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Metallica were excellent last night. Little slip ups, including Hetfield repeating the first verse of Enter Sandman, but the band were very tight. The setlist encompasses a lot of Hardwired, and a lot of their historical greatest hits. It actually was the first Metallica gig I’ve been to in two decades where I didn’t get to hear a song I had not heard before. Certainly a diverse range of fans from the hardcore fanatics, to the soft fans, to the Slane devotees who will attend Slane no matter who plays.

I was also interested in Ghost, which included a short came from Papa Emeritus II. They are show-people and the lead singer was quite entertaining in the words he chose when addressing the crowd. I saw nothing of the other support acts.

After GnR in 2017, I’ve come to accept some of the difficulties associated with Slane. The long walk for the bus being one of them, the dispersed beer stations and the limited choice of beer. The toilets will probably never be able to sufficiently cater for 75,000 people. Driving is the way to go, and it is better to arrive to the car park around 4pm, and the venue is next door. Bussing it is something I’d probably not be willing to do again.

Looking forward to seeing them again in Twickenham in 10 days time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:36pm
I had never heard any of 'Ghost's' stuff, so I just put them on. Sounds like a generic Nordic entry to the Eurovision.LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The Cure were brilliant last night.

A set list for the real fans. Loads of people present who hadn't a breeze of any songs bar Friday I'm in Love and Just like heaven 
Crowd were sh*te

Music and setlist were amazing

29 songs

39 from Bloodflowers was immense - never expected that

Wendy Time also - they've barely ever played it live

They could put together three different setlists and all would be brilliant

Robert Smith is a beautiful man - as beautiful as Virgil van Dijk and Shane Duffy

Edited by sid waddell - 09 Jun 2019 at 1:57pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:24pm
Very true Sid.

Didn't expect there to be so many let's call them blowin fans. 

Highlight for me was the faces on the group of 16 year girls in front of us during 100 years.

Hadn't a breeze LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I had never heard any of 'Ghost's' stuff, so I just put them on. Sounds like a generic Nordic entry to the Eurovision.LOL

I’d actually agree to an extent!

But I will say I liked their show!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:21pm
I would imagine they do a lot of gimmicky things. Personally, that's where I struggle with metal in general. It all gets a bit too camp for me. That and bad fretting. 

I do like a bit of black metal though, especially the symphonic Norwegian stuff. Some bad ****s made the music, but it is genuinely misanthropic. I find it cathartic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic