You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metallica or The Cure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Metallica or The Cure
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [38.98%]
23 [38.98%]
13 [22.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Metallica all day. Master of Puppets is still one of the finest albums to this day.

The live S&M album is fantastic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:17am
The cure will play Malahide Castle
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:39am
OK THINGS JUST GOT REAL WITH THE CURE...

RUMOURS GIVEN THAT 2019 MARKS 30 YEARS SINCE THE RELEASE OF DISINTEGRATION THEY WILL PLAY THE ALBUM IN ITS ENTIRETY AS PART OF THEIR SET
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:05am
Just stuck Disintegration on there for the first time in a while, what an album!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Just stuck Disintegration on there for the first time in a while, what an album!

it's up there as one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's so dark and depressing yet amazingly uplifting at the same time.

I went to see the Cure in Hyde Park during the summer and they opened with Plain Song I have never felt like crying at a gig more then I did at that moment, just the most beautiful opening song of any album ever.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Great song to open a gig with. I would love to see them live, would having been to Hyde Park twice I wasn't going again. Terrible music venue.
Robert Smith curated the Southbank festival this year, I think them closing it at a tiny venue like that would have been close to a religious experience.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 12:54pm
love both bands but Metallica in slane trumps the cure in Malahide . Never warmed to that venue plus I would rather see them indoors for some reason. 

Edited by drog addict - 05 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:48am
Thumbs Up Picked up Cure tickets after some panic with Ticketmaster doing its usually gobsh*tery
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:13pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:25am
Seen that the other day, brilliant response from Smith

The whole interview in question is ridiculous, Your wan whoever she is?? was either extremely star struck (which would make you thing why she was there in the first place) or had participated in a few too many pre show drinks.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Apr 2019 at 11:41am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:28am
the Cure every day and twice on sunday , metallica are good but they aint that good. 
saw the cure live last year cant waitr until they come round again 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:51pm
Been offered a couple of Cure tickets but had begun to think about going to Denmark after Tuesday's performance and the gig is the day after. Might be a bit messy getting back in time, not to mention the state I'd probably be in...
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 5:29pm
I really like the Cure but I will be going to Slane to see Metallica.

Brass Against are also playing the same bleedin night, saw them in Feb and they are f**kin brilliant!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 7:18pm
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 3:03pm
Two tickets for Metallica for sale if anyone interested for €40 less than cost, I’ve decided to go to Denmark for the game instead and need to get rid of them
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:09am
Just over 48 hours to go!!!

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:48am
What will the Weather be like for Slane?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

What will the Weather be like for Slane?

Looks dodgy.

GnR in 2017 performed in poor conditions, which subsided before the gig started, so perhaps we’ll get that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic