You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Serious determination there to score a header, fair play. 
Too right he deserves credit for that finish.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:47pm
Good to see him start the first game of the season. 

His family live in Blackrock, same as the Irish manager! 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:58pm
Some may think that’s Rugby country you’re referring to and not up the M1
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:12pm
Mixed bag overall for him, was at fault for one goal, arguably could have done better for another but took his goal well at the other end. Very much an all action defender although doesn't always seem to be fully in control of what he is doing. Hopefully he gets a few more opportunities at this level, he didn't look woefully out of place by any means.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Mixed bag overall for him, was at fault for one goal, arguably could have done better for another but took his goal well at the other end. Very much an all action defender although doesn't always seem to be fully in control of what he is doing. Hopefully he gets a few more opportunities at this level, he didn't look woefully out of place by any means.
Would Agree with this
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
First premier league game . Will no doubt improve from experience. Although we know from the case of Kevin toner anything can happen 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He panicked a bit for the first goal diving in to try and make a block, but he certainly wasn't "at fault" for it. I'm not sure what other goal you're suggesting he "could have done better for"? Overall he did well, like a lot of big defenders he looked a little sluggish at times, but nothing that can't be improved with more experience.
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:35pm
The boy Dunne bad?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Dunne is a hun for his actions up in Scotland

Hunne if u like

Grow up. He played for Hearts. Big f**king deal
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm
From a big Louth GAA family. I never rated him as a young lad but fair play he has come on and  always believed in himself
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:56pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Dunne is a hun for his actions up in Scotland

Hunne if u like

Grow up. He played for Hearts. Big f**king deal
Dealt with RB, no meed to keep it going and giving it more airThumbs Up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:07pm
Fair play to the lad. Leicester away for your EPL debut at centre back is a really tough assignment especially when he was playing at a much lover level last couple of seasons. 

Delighted he got a goal Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:08pm
A Duffy type defender from what I could see. 
AKA pedantic kunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:52pm
Let's not forget o Neill the poacher tried to get him to play for the settlers. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Let's not forget o Neill the poacher tried to get him to play for the settlers. 
From when Dunne was playing in Edinburgh and Michael was living there:
"Jimmy Dunne made it known that he would be interested in a conversation with me. I had a conversation with Jimmy and if you look at the situation, Jimmy Dunne is no different to Northern Ireland than Declan Rice is to the Republic of Ireland — he’s eligible through grandparents,” said O’Neill.

My own view is that Dunne (or his Agent?) used his NI eligibility to put pressure on the FAI to consider him.

Which is a bit sneaky perhaps, but hardly a crime, nor anything to get too worried about. And if you read the opening paragraph of that report you'll see Michael wasn't too worried, either.

Meanwhile, the irony is that Dunne has still to get a senior ROI cap, yet he might well have played for us in the recent NL games, when we had an injury crisis at CB.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm
Any chance he's done enough to keep his place for the next game? 

Burnley shipped a lot of goals... be it against a very good attacking team.

Would be a good option for a championship club perhaps?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Any chance he's done enough to keep his place for the next game? 

Burnley shipped a lot of goals... be it against a very good attacking team.

Would be a good option for a championship club perhaps?

The Clarets are away on Weds in the EFL Cup so he may play , the question is will he play on Saturday at home to Southampton , if Tarks is fit and he wants to play he will be along side Long as Mee will be out until sometime in Oct .

But fair play to him as someome said above he had good and poor points to his game but you have to give him a break at this level away to Leciester in yout first game .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
  Share Topic