Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Any chance he's done enough to keep his place for the next game? 

Burnley shipped a lot of goals... be it against a very good attacking team.

Would be a good option for a championship club perhaps?

Despite shipping a lot of goals, Long and Dunne both did reasonably well. The big problems for Burnley came down the flanks. As has been said, Mee is out for a while so at least one of Dunne and Long will keep their place; Long has the edge in terms of experience but Dunne probably had the more impressive game last night.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 10:31pm
From what I've read, played really well today, still a very young lad and has his premier League debut under his belt.

I've not heard much about him 

Edited by Left foot - 23 Sep 2020 at 10:43pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 11:36pm
Yep, played well.
Is a goal threat also.  Fair play to him..3 games in a row in a defense under pressure and has done his job.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:13pm
Starts again today in Central defence with Long. Awesome start to the season for both of them... 

Anyone think Dunne has an outside chance of being selected for the squad?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:28pm
Assuming it's limited to 23 players again I don't see him getting in. Egan, Duffy, Clark, Lenihan, O'Shea is probably the pecking order at the moment. O'Shea should pass Lenihan before too long. Even if Clark is injured I don't think Dunne gets in for now, possibly Long might also be ahead of him.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:55pm
I used go to school with a Jimmy Dunne, great ball player........but that was over 20 yrs ago don't think it's the same bloke
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Starts again today in Central defence with Long. Awesome start to the season for both of them... 

Anyone think Dunne has an outside chance of being selected for the squad?

Prob too early for him and we actually have lots of cover in central defence. But it’s great for him to be starting and getting a run of games.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:53pm
He was solid enough tonight and so was long
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:59pm
Far too early for Jimmy, only 22 and two Premiership appearances though he should pick up more first team starts with Kevin Long now with Tarkowski and Mee out. He will be a future international and has done fine do far. Slovakia will require a squad with more experienced pros but his time will come.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Far too early for Jimmy, only 22 and two Premiership appearances though he should pick up more first team starts with Kevin Long now with Tarkowski and Mee out. He will be a future international and has done fine do far. Slovakia will require a squad with more experienced pros but his time will come.

Agree with this, best possible experienced team vs Slovakia but the nation league games might be used for the next generation of players 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:34pm
Wrong thread

Jimmy seems a decent lad though

Edited by Healy52003 - 26 Sep 2020 at 10:37pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 2:06pm
Jimmy is just cover to be honest , Ben Mee will be back in Oct and will paly along side Long . Tarks will be gone this week Wolves or Leciester for 40million 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jimmy is just cover to be honest , Ben Mee will be back in Oct and will paly along side Long . Tarks will be gone this week Wolves or Leciester for 40million 

So that will leave Jimmy as the main back up? Not a bad position to be in. He has gotten good first team experience out on loan and would be in a good position to challenge for a starting spot (would get cup time etc as well). 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 11:42pm
Heard Jimmy's interview on Off the Ball earlier and have to say I was very impressed with him. He is articulate, level headed and interesting. 

He didn't reveal what happened between himself and Joey Barton at Fleetwood but handled that very well. He said he spent a summer training with Dundalk and was very impressed with SK. 

Think he has the right attitude.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 1:35pm
On the bench with Kevin Long seems to be a regularity. Not sure Burnley need both on the bench, would be good to see Dunne get a loan move. Hes got premier league experience so can't see him struggling to get into a good championship.team
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
last two loan moves went very badly ..for Sunderland the fans turned on him for poor passing and being slow this after rave reviews playing in Scotland for Hearts ...then when Joey Barton kicks you out for disciplinary reasons it’s not the best 🤣....but hey he’s young let’s hope he learns and improves 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:09pm
I thought he was generally pretty shaky, goal excepted, against Leicester. But that's to be expected. I still don't think he figures in their long-term plans.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Thought he looked confident and hungry when he made his premier league debut. Scoring in that game probably added that.

Hes just turned 23 and it may be a little unfair to judge him when he was at Sunderland but joey Barton not being happy with discipline is a worry, but again he was just a young lad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
  Share Topic