You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:45pm
Ive seen him lots of times and for me hes still way off international level even counting in our current form!
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Ive seen him lots of times and for me hes still way off international level even counting in our current form!

What games did you watch that made you think he was so far off International level? 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I presume Terri would of had an issue with this if it had ever happend.....
Assuming he qualifies for British nationality*, then my view would accord with that of Michael O'Neill.

That is, Michael has NEVER denied the right of NI-born players to represent ROI under the rules, nor has he ever complained about the likes of McClean or Duffy (latter's Donegal da notwithstanding), though both were before his time.

Rather his gripe is a simple one. What he objects to is young lads of 16 or 17 who have already represented NI at under-age level being cynically induced to use their one permitted switch to join the ROI, without any guarantee that they'll ever make it with them, what with ROI having a bigger pool etc.

Whereas had they just been allowed to wait a bit, then they (youngsters) would know what their chances were. Which is only the point which Brian Kerr made when he was in charge of ROI's youth teams, where eg he advised Michael McGovern that he wasn't likely to make it with ROI, so would be better reverting to NI. And considering he has 29 international caps, including an appearance at Euro2016 which secured him a life-changing move to Norwich, Michael must be very grateful that it was Kerr he was dealing with, and not a cynical bluffer like Noel King.

By contrast, both Jimmy Dunne and Mental Mickey O'Connor have each now turned 21 and are in a position to know where their chances lie. Dunne's recent actions suggest he must be fairly confident that he'll make it with ROI (without yet being tied for the future), and I suspect he's using Michael's interest to force the FAI's hand. And MO'C must know that he has no chance with ROI. (Tbh, he has little enough chance with NI, from what I can see). 

* - Nothing I've read persuades me that either qualifies for UK citizenship (a prerequisite for any switch), but then again, there could easily be something which does qualify them, without it being reported. 

Edited by Territorial - 21 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:38pm
Just scored to put Sunderland 1 up
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:15am
Jimmy was sound yesterday for Sunderland in his return to the side.

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thumbs Up

Was he injured or dropped DM?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Thumbs Up

Was he injured or dropped DM?

Dropped.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:10pm
Starting tonight according to Daniel McDonnell.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

That would be great. Burnley let Ben Gibson go on loan to Norwich who was a decent money signing so that’s a good sign that Jimmy Dunne is rated by Sean Dyche 

Edited by Liam Green - 20 Sep 2020 at 1:12pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

That would be great. Burnley let Ben Gibson go on loan to Norwich who was a decent money signing so that’s a good sign that Jimmy Dunne is rated by Sean Dyche 

Or a sign that Burnley are going to sell Tarkowski to WHU and Dyche isn't being given the money to replace him (at least untl the WHU cheque clears)?

Probably not coincidence that Dyche has been moaning a bit more than usual recently:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54075921
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Or a sign that Burnley are going to sell Tarkowski to WHU and Dyche isn't being given the money to replace him (at least untl the WHU cheque clears)?

Probably not coincidence that Dyche has been moaning a bit more than usual recently:
Ya I’m aware of the Tarkowski potential move away but what I’m saying is they rate him more than Ben Gibson who I think they paid big money for and you’re correct Dyche seems to be moaning more about getting funds for transfers. Dyche is a really good manager imo
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:56pm
Massive step up for the lad if he plays today and an incredible achievement.
Ireland need to improve in pretty much all areas of the pitch.

Just a scary thought, in my opinion if he has a few games in the PL it could see Dunne in contention for the 23 man squad for the nations league games coming up soon.

Really just highlights the transition period we are in at the moment.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Ya I’m aware of the Tarkowski potential move away but what I’m saying is they rate him more than Ben Gibson who I think they paid big money for and you’re correct Dyche seems to be moaning more about getting funds for transfers. Dyche is a really good manager imo

I sat Traks will not go to West Ham he wants a move to either North West or Midlands as he has family in the north that's the reason why he chose to come to Burnley in the first place . 
He wants to play in the Champions league so apart from the North West Clubs that stand put it will be either Leicester or Wolves that he moves to . 
He has got an injury so i have been told .
Jimmy has his chance today if he plays 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:40pm
Ohhh and as for Gibson that all went very bad as had a massive fall out with the #2 Woan and was told that he would never play for the club ever again , and never has .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ohhh and as for Gibson that all went very bad as had a massive fall out with the #2 Woan and was told that he would never play for the club ever again , and never has .
Wasn’t aware of that regarding Gibson. Did Burnley pay 15 m for him 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I sat Traks will not go to West Ham he wants a move to either North West or Midlands as he has family in the north that's the reason why he chose to come to Burnley in the first place . 
He wants to play in the Champions league so apart from the North West Clubs that stand put it will be either Leicester or Wolves that he moves to . 
He has got an injury so i have been told .
Jimmy has his chance today if he plays 
Agree he may not go to WHU, but only because the Dildo Brothers are too cheap to pay what he's worth.

But don't be fooled by the "family up North" bit. Or did no-one tell him where Brentford was when he moved there from Oldham a few years back?

And yes, I know he had a family member who was ill at the time of his transfer to Burnley, but anyone connected to Brentford will tell you he acted the maggot to get his move, even going on strike.

And it's not as if he had been homesick and could never settle in London - he spent two happy and successful years there, only becoming "unsettled" when a big money offer came along.

Good player, mind.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:10pm
Brady, Long and Dunne all playing this evening. 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:12pm
Who's that Driscoll-Glennan chap on the bench, Irish? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic