Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

We should disband the national team if this lad declares for the scum. 

f**king hell I thought some of the stuff in the Declan Rice thread couldn't be topped but boy was I wrong LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:39am
It is full on loony season. It's triffic entertainment.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Terrible, terrible article.

why is the lack of a competitive cap irrelevant? The FAI still hold his registration, and it'll take at least three months to change that, and probably more.

No quotes from the player, or either football association. He "understood to be considering", so they think they know what he's thinking?

Also left out of that drivel was that the game against Iceland was an U21 international.

this line is absolutely ridiculous
Quote he is free to link up with the North for this week's Nations League qualifiers against Austria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Even if he was (which he isn't) he was named on the bench in Israel yesterday for the qualifier, and will be flying to Germany for the final game in the group.
I would think they mean when referring to a lack of a competitive cap that he hasn't played for Ireland in an official UEFA match at any level as I'm aware so wouldn't have to formally apply to switch nations. I don't think we need to apply to the English FA to transfer registrations every time we pick a granny ruler, other than the likes of Robinson and Clark who have represented England competitively. Not sure if having played a friendly under-21 match changes that situation though maybe it does?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
Relax lads - Not a hope this will happen.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

We should disband the national team if this lad declares for the scum. 

f**king hell I thought some of the stuff in the Declan Rice thread couldn't be topped but boy was I wrong LOL

Is the purpose of this forum to take clearly tongue in cheek comments and then implicitly quote them saying: “I can’t believe how dumb this person is to post this” and then f**k a heap of smiley faces at the end? 

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

LOL
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:01pm
This probably won't happen. However, lets look at it this way. Young Hearts centre half John Souttar started for Scotland last night (got harshly sent off). Jimmy Dunne is better than Souttar yet Noel King didn't even think he was good enough to start for the Irish U21 team. 

Edited by grannyrule - 12 Oct 2018 at 12:05pm
The only way is up
Bainneban View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bainneban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm

I'm not equipped to deal with another player nationality declaration triangle. I'm still trying to cope with the Declan Rice one. There should be a limit on the crises or at least some sort of queuing system introduced. 
El Puto Amo
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

This probably won't happen. However, lets look at it this way. Young Hearts centre half John Souttar started for Scotland last night (got harshly sent off). Jimmy Dunne is better than Souttar yet Noel King didn't even think he was good enough to start for the Irish U21 team. 

To be fair, Scotland have been very weak at centre back for the past few years, apart from right back, it’s probably the posistion we have our most options in. 

Anything Noel King does should just be discarded and not taken personally, I imagine the players know how much of a clown he is at this stage. 

Dunne probably isn’t far off a senior squad call-up, there probably is a good chance that he’ll make the extended panel for the Northern Ireland friendly. 

Our O’Neill just needs to get on the phone to the lad and tell him that he’s very likely to be part of our long term plans in the next two / three years. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
why is it Noel King's fault Confused
daraghj82 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:15pm
dunne's got potential hopefully MON won't take too long to give a senior call up
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:21pm
Love loads of people getting worked up about a player they hadn't heard of yesterday based on a false articleLOL
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm
Article looks like bollocks, but it might be a sign that Jimmy or his agent are a little bolshe and eager to get into the senior set up.

And as others have said, why not? He seems very promising, he’s playing at a good level, and as a left sided CB could be a good option if we consider three at the back
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm not equipped to deal with another player nationality declaration triangle. I'm still trying to cope with the Declan Rice one. There should be a limit on the crises or at least some sort of queuing system introduced. 
It's an epidemic Joe I tell ya !!!

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:35pm
It'd be an absolute disgrace if Dunne played for those orange c**ts. How bad do things have to get before change is demanded? The Irish are appallingly stoical at times. One of our worst traits. 

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Oct 2018 at 9:21pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/if-it-takes-until-im-26-to-play-for-ireland-so-be-it-jimmy-dunne-rxh5qhd7p

any chance of copy pasting the article?

Article here for those who want to read:

Jimmy Dunne: If it takes until I’m 26 to play for Ireland, so be it

From the salubrious surrounds of Manchester United to unfashionable Accrington Stanley, it has taken a long time but Jimmy Dunne should finally win his first Ireland cap tonight in the under-21 friendly against Iceland.

The FAI often trumpets its extensive programme of international matches, yet from the time he agreed to join United at 15 until this week, there was no space found for the Dundalk native.

It was an unusual and inexplicable omission for a player who opted to end his three-year stay at United in 2016 by moving to fellow Premier League club Burnley.

Still, the call did not come at under-age level.

That finally changed when Noel King, the under-21 manager, could not help but hear the glowing reports emerging from Accrington Stanley, where the strapping 6ft 2in centre back excelled for the side that have risen to the summit of Sky Bet League Two and are on course for promotion.

“Burnley sent me on loan to Conference club Barrow at the start of the season and then Accrington in January,” the 20-year-old said.

“You can only really develop into a defender by playing games that matter. Being part of teams at that level certainly toughens you up and I’m glad Noel thought enough of me to call me up.

“It would make my family very proud to wear that green jersey tonight. I’d never played for Ireland before but neither did Kevin Long until last year.”

Long, a team-mate at Burnley, is proof that budding talents do not necessarily have to follow the beaten track to stardom. He endured a litany of setbacks before making his Premier League debut at 24. His Ireland bow did not arrive until last June by which time he had reached the ripe age of 26.

“If it takes until then, so be it,” Dunne admitted about his own career path. “People at Accrington still talk about Kevin because that was one of the several clubs he spent time on loan at.

“You don’t hear of centre backs going straight from the club’s under-23 team into the Premier League. We have to learn our trade.”

Dunne should be one of many debutants blooded by King tonight. Acting as preparation for Tuesday’s European Championship qualifier against Azerbaijan, newcomers will be given game time. Rory Hale, in prolific form lately for Derry City, is set to lead the line having joined his brother Ronan in the squad as a late call-up.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Oct 2018 at 8:41pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

It'd be an absolute disgrace if Dunne played for those orange c**ts. How bad do things have to get before change is demanded? The Irish are appalling stoical at times. One of our worst traits. 

What an embarrassing thing to post Dead
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic