You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Nations League matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 29>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:12pm
This playoff talk is making my head spin with confusion
Let’s just hope for a top 2 finish - which will come down to the last game vs Denmark at home -
Dejavu game to qualify for a major tournament - we will probably go through but Why couldn’t it be for a World Cup :(
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:15pm
The Welsh might not qualify or even make the playoffs.That's a tricky enough group they are in.
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:31pm
From what I now understand they can finish bottom of their group and still qualify for playoffs above us!?
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

The Welsh might not qualify or even make the playoffs.That's a tricky enough group they are in.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:35pm
Really? I presumed they had to come 3rd in the group? Not easy with Croatia,Slovakia and Hungary in there. I give up if last makes the playoffs.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 4:49pm

Really? I presumed they had to come 3rd in the group? Not easy with Croatia,Slovakia and Hungary in there. I give up if last makes the playoffs.
playoffs spots are assigned by NL rank - so we could finish bottom and still get a spot.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 5:08pm
The rules are so complicated the nordies have had to engage a firm of solicitors to work out if they can make the playoffs or not.

Bailey Peacock Farrell

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 5:11pm

The rules are so complicated the nordies have had to engage a firm of solicitors to work out if they can make the playoffs or not.

Bailey Peacock Farrell

''Our aim is for you not to achieve your goals''

Saw him interviewed on Sky. Looks about 16.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:30pm
Is everyone going to get a go at managing Scotland?

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:48pm

Is everyone going to get a go at managing Scotland?

I think they have a decent manager now. Some decent players there.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:49pm
They are f**ked in central defence and attack.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:30pm
Cyprus just equalised in the 86th Minute LOL

Piss poor defending. Free header about 5 yards out

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Jun 2019 at 9:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:32pm
2-1 jamtarts
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:33pm
2-1 

Good response but even still 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:40pm
Scots absolutely blessed but suppose Clarke wasn't going to be able to change things overnight. Could have probably done with a run of friendlies

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Jun 2019 at 9:40pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:42pm
I'm not sure they were blessed, they deserved to win it. Their problems are clear for all to see though! They can bring two decent midfielders off the bench and have to start lads like McKenna and Brophy elsewhere.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Scots absolutely blessed but suppose Clarke wasn't going to be able to change things overnight. Could have probably done with a run of friendlies

It was a bit messy but we wanted three points and three points is what we got. Clap

Bringing David Marshall back nearly three years after his last cap was a good decision and thank feck he brought on Burke. We also should have got a penalty in the first half.

One very noticeable difference between Clarke and McLeish's teams is that Clarke has given Andy Robertson full freedom to charge up the park, frustratingly McLeish always kept him way back in his own half.

The players definitely seem more happy and motivated now that McLeish (and Grant and McFadden) are now out the road.

Aye, one or two friendlies would have been helpful but we don't have any scheduled this year at all. That's unfortunate because they would have been helpful in introducing Greg Taylor, Liam Kelly, David Turnbull, John Fleck, Liam Henderson, Jack Harper and Lewis Ferguson to international football.

I'm not entirely convinced John McGinn should be a starter, he has too many bombscare moments. And despite never being a big fan of him, Kenny McLean actually played really well.

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm not sure they were blessed, they deserved to win it. Their problems are clear for all to see though! They can bring two decent midfielders off the bench and have to start lads like McKenna and Brophy elsewhere.

We're snookered up front for the moment. We need McBurnie to come back from injury and get a confidence boosting first Scotland goal and we need a young player like Fraser Hornby to start getting some games next season on loan somewhere.

I just have a feeling that Scott McKenna will improve with age. He certainly was more calm and confident with Chas Mulgrew beside him than he was in the past with Bates or Souttar.

Oh, and before I forget, that was a win in his first game for new Scotland coach Steven Reid !

(kilt and massive sporran not pictured)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Oh, and before I forget, that was a win in his first game for new Scotland coach Steven Reid !

At least he got to show off his new €2 Casio watch , Must really be settled in now in Scotland  Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

At least he got to show off his new €2 Casio watch , Must really be settled in now in Scotland  Big smile

Speaking of tight gits I didn't see you with Newry in Denmark 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 29>
  Share Topic