You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Other Nations League matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other Nations League matches
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:21pm
Spain putting 6 past finalists Croatia was certainly a shock result.

Is it me or is the Nations League going to be much harder in the future than currently when you have the likes of Italy and Holland (presumably) going down to Group B and some of the more irritating minnows such as Georgia coming up from the lower groups?
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:30pm
I was very sceptical about the Nations League but it seems to be a good edition to the international calender.

I really enjoy it for one!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Is it me or is the Nations League going to be much harder in the future than currently when you have the likes of Italy and Holland (presumably) going down to Group B and some of the more irritating minnows such as Georgia coming up from the lower groups?

I think it will eventually even out

For example, Iceland will probably stay in and around League B for the next couple of seasons.

I'd say the likes of England/Croatia, Poland/Italy, Netherlands will yoyo between A and B.

Can see ourselves being comfortable enough to do the same between B and C.

Macedonia and Georgia have shown already they are better then there League D placings so if they are involved there they will most likely get promoted.

So far I have loved it the lower leagues especially as there is so much on the line for them finish top you get promoted and guarantee yourself a passage to the Euros with two wins. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:26am
I've really enjoyed it so far and most teams seem to be taking it seriously. There's been some very good games and plenty of goals so far.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:35am
Definitely more interesting than International Friendlies
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:21am
A most welcome addition to the international football calendar indeed.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:44am
Some great potential play-off finals on the cards in C and D.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Some great potential play-off finals on the cards in C and D.

Georgia or Macedonia for me in League D depending on draw I'd imagine they will be seeded

As for Group C

Bulgaria, or Serbia/Montenegro

Serbia/Montenegro- for the above do you think there would be any potential trouble at this?

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:40pm

Croatia's World Cup drugs must have worn off so 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:56pm
Great start to the new format. As was universally accepted, anything is better than friendlies. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Croatia's World Cup drugs must have worn off so 
More likely that Spain's have kicked in!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:53pm
If Scotland win their nations league group, and then finish 4th in the euro qualifying group, ok so they get a second chance/play off to get into the Euros?

Is this a two legged match?

Is this the same for all divisions of the nations league?

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If Scotland win their nations league group, and then finish 4th in the euro qualifying group, ok so they get a second chance/play off to get into the Euros?

Is this a two legged match?

Is this the same for all divisions of the nations league?

They will go into the playoff against the other highest finishing League C teams who haven't qualified.
They will play a semi final and final against two of the other placed teams.

Looking at the tables this is currently
Scotland, Finland,Bulgaria and Montenegro

the best and 4th placed teams play each in one semi the other two in the other and the winners then play each to qualify

so  at the moment

Scotland v Montenegro
Finland v Bulgaria

Yes this is the same for all divisions

Edited by lassassinblanc - 13 Sep 2018 at 2:10pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 2:51pm
Tadic with one of the worst penalties I've seen. Romania have man sent off for kicking Serb in the ear
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
Fraggle Rock had a surprise result too. How bad are Armenia? You would think Mkhitaryan would have had a field day against non-league players.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:49pm
Serbia totally dominating this game. Should be winning comfortably. The co-commentator on Sky is one of the biggest moanbags I’ve ever heard. 

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 14 Oct 2018 at 3:50pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Fraggle Rock had a surprise result too. How bad are Armenia? You would think Mkhitaryan would have had a field day against non-league players.

From highlights I seen the rocks keeper had a great game, Armenia were all over them
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

From highlights I seen the rocks keeper had a great game, Armenia were all over them

Think they had 36 shots with 10 on target. 

What's depressing about that result is that Gibraltar beat them by the exact same score as we did in 2010.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic