Other Nations League matches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other Nations League matches
    Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 6:11pm
The north got an awful handy group in League C the coonts and have great chance of topping it so could a League C group winner get a playoff to the world cup or would it more likely be taken up by the League B winners who don't directly qualify next year (assuming all League A group winners also qualify directly )? 

Edited by irishmufc - 11 Feb 2024 at 6:14pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

QUOTE=Borussia]He had a 70% win record with Belgium. Got to a world cup semi final and lost by one goal to the champions. Hardly a bluffer 

Who happen to be one of the best ever Belgian sides to take to the field. Wales took four points of his star studded team in qualifying and knocked them out of Euro 2016 along with a disgraceful showing at this world cup reflects poorly on him where he clearly failed to control the infighting in his squad. 

He was a very lucky boy to get that job and I think a lot of half decent managers wouldn't have been far off 70% as a win percentage especially with that squad of players.  

I might be wrong on this but I've a feeling the majority of Belgian supporters would feel they should've won something and probably underachieved with this 'golden generation' of players under Martinez. 

Martinez only took over after Euro 2016.
Only 1 team can win the Euros and only 1 team can win the World Cup. 
[/QUOTE]

Thumbs Up

He's still an arsehole though TongueLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:40pm

QUOTE=Borussia]He had a 70% win record with Belgium. Got to a world cup semi final and lost by one goal to the champions. Hardly a bluffer 

Who happen to be one of the best ever Belgian sides to take to the field. Wales took four points of his star studded team in qualifying and knocked them out of Euro 2016 along with a disgraceful showing at this world cup reflects poorly on him where he clearly failed to control the infighting in his squad. 

He was a very lucky boy to get that job and I think a lot of half decent managers wouldn't have been far off 70% as a win percentage especially with that squad of players.  

I might be wrong on this but I've a feeling the majority of Belgian supporters would feel they should've won something and probably underachieved with this 'golden generation' of players under Martinez. 

[/QUOTE]
Martinez only took over after Euro 2016.
Only 1 team can win the Euros and only 1 team can win the World Cup. 

Edited by Borussia - 09 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm
QUOTE=Borussia]He had a 70% win record with Belgium. Got to a world cup semi final and lost by one goal to the champions. Hardly a bluffer [/QUOTE]

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:55pm
He had a 70% win record with Belgium. Got to a world cup semi final and lost by one goal to the champions. Hardly a bluffer 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:53pm
I'm actually sickened that bluffer keeps getting jobs with the top national sides DeadLOL
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Roberto Martinez getting the Portugal job seemingly Confused

Confirmed 
Baffling
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:15pm
Has some f**king agent
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:35pm

Confirmed 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:59pm
Must do a cracking interview 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:28pm

Unbelievable. I cannot stand that fookin prick Martinez. 

Last time i spoke to him he said he wasn't a fan of you either Muff Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 4:40pm
Unbelievable. I cannot stand that fookin prick Martinez. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 4:01pm

I'll never know what teams see in him when they hire him
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 3:47pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

International managers that stay too long will do f**k all at the World Cup. Martinez and Deschamps are the main ones, followed by Southgate and Santos. 

New manager bounces will be Hansi Flick 

The last two World Cup winners have had those managers in place for 6 and 8 years 

France are so stale with him and he should have quit after the Euros, even with the outrageously talented players at his disposal. They will likely follow the curse of the holders not getting out of the group in Qatar. 

Martinez still plays his geriatric defence. Santos still plays 2nd fiddle to his geriatric striker. 

Southgate could get one final tune out of his team in fairness to him but I wouldn't back it. 

Over time the message gets boring and the players lose that little bit of focus needed to win at the highest level. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 12:28am

International managers that stay too long will do f**k all at the World Cup. Martinez and Deschamps are the main ones, followed by Southgate and Santos. 

Also remember what happened to Germany at the last World Cup with Joachim Low. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 17 Jun 2022 at 12:29am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:11pm

The last two World Cup winners have had those managers in place for 6 and 8 years 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 6:55pm

It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic