Poll Question: Sack O Neill now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [10.65%]
151 [89.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you win matches you'll most likely qualify!.

Qualifying is about being consistency. The North beat lots of higher ranked teams and failed to qualify.

Did somebody say that O'Neill has 4 wins from 18 now?

Hopefully one will follow the other. But I’d honestly rather some great wins, matches we don’t expect to win, rather than draw after draw. Jumping up for a goal rather than trying to cling onto a 0-0 and then going home to check tables and work out what happen in others’ matches in the hope that their result will do us a favour. I’d rather go down fighting than how we’ve been playing since Mick. 
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:13am
Yes tine is up need a new voice and direction 

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:03am
one million percent !!out out out!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This will ultimately come down to the 2 home games in October, and probably the performances nearly as much as the results* (*unless those results are similar to the last 2 games V Wales & Denmark, in which case the clamour to get rid will go up several levels & his position will be more or less untenable) 

if we were to play reasonably well and come out of those games with draws or even narrow defeats, MON will likely be staying on, that's probably the reality of it. I'd like him to go, but the ambition of narrow defeats or draws in those games is also probably reflective of where we are at the minute whether we like it or not. 

Hidings like the ones we received in the last 2 games are a different kettle of fish though, and generally, the home crowd is more fickle than the away crowd, it won't take a lot for them to show mass displeasure, that's the stage where JD/FAI start getting nervous & thinking they have to act.  I wouldn't underestimate MON's ability to grind out a couple of draws though, he's a conservative manager at heart and will likely approach those games with a 'must not lose' mentality rather than a 'must win' one, even though he will publicly say otherwise.

Well the October home games have come and gone, and we've had a draw and a narrow defeat,, so obviously nothing will change. 
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:57am
i actually thought we were doing well up to half time last night, why MON took off robinson (who was our main threat with the ball) so soon i dont know, it reminded me of the play off against denmark when he panicked too soon.
I do think its time now for MON to pack his bags and go but will that happen of his own accord i cant see it tbh. we have the bones of a decent squad but we need more of a goal threat than shane long or seanie maguire.
Poor 2nd half performance and we looked lost a couple of times.
So come on MON and man up, its time to go and give someone with a more modern view of the game a chance to come in.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:47pm
Get these two leeches to f**k right now. Enough is enough. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This will ultimately come down to the 2 home games in October, and probably the performances nearly as much as the results* (*unless those results are similar to the last 2 games V Wales & Denmark, in which case the clamour to get rid will go up several levels & his position will be more or less untenable) 

if we were to play reasonably well and come out of those games with draws or even narrow defeats, MON will likely be staying on, that's probably the reality of it. I'd like him to go, but the ambition of narrow defeats or draws in those games is also probably reflective of where we are at the minute whether we like it or not. 

Hidings like the ones we received in the last 2 games are a different kettle of fish though, and generally, the home crowd is more fickle than the away crowd, it won't take a lot for them to show mass displeasure, that's the stage where JD/FAI start getting nervous & thinking they have to act.  I wouldn't underestimate MON's ability to grind out a couple of draws though, he's a conservative manager at heart and will likely approach those games with a 'must not lose' mentality rather than a 'must win' one, even though he will publicly say otherwise.

Well the October home games have come and gone, and we've had a draw and a narrow defeat,, so obviously nothing will change. 

Well there has been one change alright, and a pretty major one, in that after those 2 games, it is now nearly impossible to find anyone outside of the FAI who thinks he should stay on. And that is down to the performances, as predicted above. The results were never the single relevant thing here - if we played well in those 2 games & lost them, he would be safer than what he looks like now after 2 bad performances and a point. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 5:42pm
MON on 2m a year and Keane on 600,000 is what I have read they are on
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:45pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
2.6m combined. should be 6/800k. Maddness those numbers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic