You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ringer the point has completely gone over your head.

No one said where Dublin warm up gives them any advantage when the ball is thrown in either?

My point was why do feel they have this divine right to always warm up at The Hill 16 end? I didnt know they used the same dressing room for every game also.

Of course the GAA can do something about it, simply distribute tickets evenly for The Hill for the big games and give teams like Mayo, Tyrone, Donegal etc an equal 50/50 split of The Hill but it doesnt happen.

Its bad enough the levels of funding Dublin get, its time to be fair when it comes to Croker. Results are irrelevant, its the fact its treated as the home venue for Dublin GAA.

The tickets for hill 16 do be split evenly for games they can't force county boards to take up that allocation if they don't want them (I Know for a fact Donegal fans have turned down hill tickets for games wanting seating tickets instead) for all games outside of the final hill tickets go on general sale through super value and tickets.ie so any fan is free to buy them just so happens to be the dubs snap them up first  

The 1 thing I do have an issue with in regards to hill 16 is that the gaa choose to not open it for some games and it's always ooeo for dublin (they do have terrace season ticket holders so gaa will use this as reason why)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Have to say not a fan of these Saturday finals it just doesn’t have the same feeling to the traditional Sunday 3.30pm and think it took away from the 5 in a row! Last night on the Sunday game only 1 Dublin player spoke at the hotel and Jim Gavin who didn’t speak on radio after the game said seemingly to RTE that he’d speak at the team banquet but didn’t appear! Think Dublin will make it 8-9 in a row think they’ll still have enough for Kerry but no one else will get near them for a good few years. Agree with GD about Hill 16 there should be at least a toss for whatever end you want to warm up at but the Hill isn’t what it use to be full of bandwagoners now.

Again, I don’t think that’s by course. Some teams just don’t place stock in it so let it be that way. Famously  Mayo doing it in 2006 and it undoubtedly got into the head of one of the most mentally fragile Dublin team’s in history. Donegal did it before the 1992 final also. So the option is there.
Did Donegal do that in 92 i remember Tyrone did it in 86 but i can’t remember it in 92 was actually at that game and i’ll always remember the colour the Donegal fans brought that day on the Canal end

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 15 Sep 2019 at 1:29pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:02pm

The whole set up regarding The Hill is a load of bollox anyway, there is absolutely no logical reason why in the 21st century that Dublin fans practically have ownership of it on match days.

I would include other teams warming up at The Hill 16 end also, there is noway they should have this divine right that it's there's in a so called "neutral venue"

Another sign of the GAA bowing to and feeding the monster that is Dublin GAA! As for getting the Dubs to play a couple of dead rubbers outside of Croker in Leinster doesn't solve much, especially when they also get 2 out 3 home games in the Super 8's.

I'm not taking anything from what this Dublin team has achieved on the pitch here either btw! They are one of the best teams of all time and fully deserved their All Ireland today.

But there needs to very big changes made regarding Croke Park especially and Dublin GAA. 
Bitter much LOLLOL 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:33pm
Was the foul on Clifford not the exact type of foul that Joe Brolly lost his sh*t about when Sean Cavanagh did similar against Monaghan which led to the black card being brought in?

Player clean through on goal, cynically fouled outside the box so the only punishment is a 14 yard free.
Baffling refereeing 

Cluxton must be a good bet for player of the year now
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:40pm
Why would I be bitter Doc? 

I just want to see a level playing field, surely to God anything I've said there isn't anything unreasonable.

Allowing one team have first choice on a number of things at Croke Park is absolute bullsh*t, its the equivalent of giving a London club preferential treatment over Northern clubs at Wembley. 

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:41pm
Conflicting reports from the Media this weekend concerning the new galway manager. Connaught Telegraph saying that Stephen rochford to become new manager in the coming days and the Irish examiner and Donegal sports hub saying he's staying with donegal

It was confirmed few weeks ago Declan Bonner's backroom team were all staying on for 2020 so I'm hopeful he will stay as his influence on the squad been big this year so can only get better if he stays.

Edited by ringerbell - 15 Sep 2019 at 2:57pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was the foul on Clifford not the exact type of foul that Joe Brolly lost his sh*t about when Sean Cavanagh did similar against Monaghan which led to the black card being brought in?

Player clean through on goal, cynically fouled outside the box so the only punishment is a 14 yard free.
Baffling refereeing 

It was Morley who got fouled.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:46pm
Ah right

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:49pm
There should be a last man rule like in the soccer where if you deliberately take out a man running through on goal its a red card.

You would soon seen a more route one and attacking brand of football.

Its too easy to pull a player down and know all that's  going to happen is either a black card or an unbelievably a yellow (a lot of refs don't know the rules)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:07pm
The GAA should change those Croker arrangements. It should be pot luck what dressing room you get. Dublin shouldn't be in the same one all the time or warm up in front of the hill all the time.

As a mainly hurling man I admire this Dublin team was looking forward to their reactions. I was very disappointed to see Gavin ignore the media afterwards. They've not done a Tyrone on it but Dublin do everything they can to avoid talking to them. You're not just blanking journalists, you're blanking the general public too. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:08pm

The question is whether the advantage given to Murchan created a new set of steps. Certainly decisions were made today against Dublin which certainly weren’t bottle jobs.
Didn't he take 7 steps before the foul anyway? It should have been a free out. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Have to say not a fan of these Saturday finals it just doesn’t have the same feeling to the traditional Sunday 3.30pm and think it took away from the 5 in a row! Last night on the Sunday game only 1 Dublin player spoke at the hotel and Jim Gavin who didn’t speak on radio after the game said seemingly to RTE that he’d speak at the team banquet but didn’t appear! Think Dublin will make it 8-9 in a row think they’ll still have enough for Kerry but no one else will get near them for a good few years. Agree with GD about Hill 16 there should be at least a toss for whatever end you want to warm up at but the Hill isn’t what it use to be full of bandwagoners now.

Again, I don’t think that’s by course. Some teams just don’t place stock in it so let it be that way. Famously  Mayo doing it in 2006 and it undoubtedly got into the head of one of the most mentally fragile Dublin team’s in history. Donegal did it before the 1992 final also. So the option is there.

There's always this myth thrown around about this game. Dublin bottled it, after being 7 points up with 25 minutes to go, but it had nothing to do with the pre-game antics. Most Mayo players have said as such. If Vaughan's free had gone over instead of hitting the bar, there's a completely different narrative around the warm-up.

Maybe. But after the antics before the game Dublin didn’t score for almost 20 minutes, blew a 7 point lead and missed the levelling free. The entire thing was symptomatic.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:26pm

Did Donegal do that in 92 i remember Tyrone did it in 86 but i can’t remember it in 92 was actually at that game and i’ll always remember the colour the Donegal fans brought that day on the Canal end

Well spotted. That was my mistake. It was Derry in the Semi in 1993. Apologies!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The question is whether the advantage given to Murchan created a new set of steps. Certainly decisions were made today against Dublin which certainly weren’t bottle jobs.
Didn't he take 7 steps before the foul anyway? It should have been a free out. 

The fouling started before the steps.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Baffling refereeing 

What should have been the decision and why and based on what rules?
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:33pm

Why would I be bitter Doc? 

I just want to see a level playing field, surely to God anything I've said there isn't anything unreasonable.

Allowing one team have first choice on a number of things at Croke Park is absolute bullsh*t, its the equivalent of giving a London club preferential treatment over Northern clubs at Wembley. 

It’s not. And let’s be honest, at different times Dublin have been beaten by numerous counties in Croke Park, no matter what end they warned up at.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:44pm
Dublin in championship football have lost twice in 7 or 8 years?  Please don't use the league as an example ffs.

No one is saying where they warm up or what dressing room they have impacts the result, you would have to be thick to think that.

I'm saying why are Dublin given special treatment in regard to the monopoly on The Hill, Dressing Rooms, Warm Up Area etc.

In essence its just treated as their home. Its utter bullsh*t to ignore this.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:50pm

Dublin in championship football have lost twice in 7 or 8 years?  Please don't use the league as an example ffs.

No one is saying where they warm up or what dressing room they have impacts the result, you would have to be thick to think that.

I'm saying why are Dublin given special treatment in regard to the monopoly on The Hill, Dressing Rooms, Warm Up Area etc.

In essence its just treated as their home. Its utter bullsh*t to ignore this.

No, they get no special treatment with “the Hill” and ticketing. That’s not true. I’ve told you why it’s not true, and you’re just ignoring it. It’s an inter-county thing.

Also, when it comes to the super 8 eights and the use of Croke Park, that was a decision of Congress. Again, take it up with the other counties who voted favourably.

Edited by Het-field - 15 Sep 2019 at 3:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 60>
  Share Topic