You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:21am
In all the games I saw televised ( which obviously has an impact ) Beggan was doing things which were exceptional.  From longing balls into half forwards chests to kicking one over the opposition 45, he stood out this year. 

Cluxton a victim maybe of familiarity,  the odd wobble the year before more so but primialirty being a cog  in an ultra efficient machine that cares not for individual flair.

I'd say he's not too bothered.
@AntrimMan85
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Agreed, media making it all about Cluxton not getting it instead of talking about the man who did. Actually thought Brody of Laois was close enough too, had a really good year for them

This is a story though - If somebody said to you that a member of the last 4 All-Ireland wining teams hadn't won an All Star in that period, they you'd assume he was a weak link in that team or something. 
When you know it's a player like Cluxton who as redefined the position, that'll explain why it is a story.

And Beggan is a fine keeper who had a very good year. 

LOLLOL

Why the laughter ? Think you'd struggle to find many GAA fans who would disagree with that statement. 

Tell us in great detail how he redefined the position? 

Can't be arsed as you're obviously just on the wind up. 

nope i'm intrigued Thumbs Up

still waiting
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:01pm
1st game of the new season for Donegal today against queens University. Like last year team is s mix of young lads and few first team players in it.

Rochford has taken charge of the warm up here so he must be in as the main coach this year. We can see already how the new rules will affect the game donegal spent large part of the warm up working on the 3 handpass rule
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

1st game of the new season for Donegal today against queens University. Like last year team is s mix of young lads and few first team players in it.

Rochford has taken charge of the warm up here so he must be in as the main coach this year. We can see already how the new rules will affect the game donegal spent large part of the warm up working on the 3 handpass rule
Some amount of lads playing today who should be nowhere near the county team. Would be same age as many of them and played against most even marked some and it’s fair to say they are miles from inter county level. Actually havnt been chatting to Stephen McBrearty in a while but havnt seen him involved yet this year but then again might be by the time the league roles around. Think it would be more useful to play him, Tony McClenaghan and a few lads who were close to the championship team last year instead on some of the lads today who won’t be in the matchday squad.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Some amount of lads playing today who should be nowhere near the county team. Would be same age as many of them and played against most even marked some and it’s fair to say they are miles from inter county level. Actually havnt been chatting to Stephen McBrearty in a while but havnt seen him involved yet this year but then again might be by the time the league roles around. Think it would be more useful to play him, Tony McClenaghan and a few lads who were close to the championship team last year instead on some of the lads today who won’t be in the matchday squad.

Wouldn't look too much into the squad today at all typical McKenna cup squad alot of them will be in the u20s squad come the summer. Stephen mcbearty is 1 player I hope to see forvehis way into the starting 15 this year think he's a great talent and would be great addition to our half forward line. 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:26pm

Wouldn't look too much into the squad today at all typical McKenna cup squad alot of them will be in the u20s squad come the summer. Stephen mcbearty is 1 player I hope to see forvehis way into the starting 15 this year think he's a great talent and would be great addition to our half forward line. 
Yeah very true McKenna cup is fairly useless in my opinion. Like all the preseason competitions. Think there’s should be some new kind of an idea to at least bring some life to them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:36pm

Yeah very true McKenna cup is fairly useless in my opinion. Like all the preseason competitions. Think there’s should be some new kind of an idea to at least bring some life to them.

It serves some purpose be helping yo blood some younger players into the squad but wouldn't be too worried about it. The games against the college teams always like this as go through the tournament we will start to see better games. Last year's final between Donegal and Tyrone was very competitive game

Seeing as we going to be without the gweedore boys and Stephen mcmenamin for parts of the league see it as a good time to try some of these younger players. Looking forward to seeing what they capable of against down next week as should be tougher game than today... As usual the mind of management is going to be on the Ulster championship and everything he does now will have that in mind 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 1:31pm
I see O’Neills have upped the price of jerseys to €70 from €60 online at least, but id imagine its the same in the shops. Hopefully can still buy them cheaper in the outlet on the Long Mile Road. Heading to the New York v Mayo game in May and need a NY jersey for the occasion.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I see O’Neills have upped the price of jerseys to €70 from €60 online at least, but id imagine its the same in the shops. Hopefully can still buy them cheaper in the outlet on the Long Mile Road. Heading to the New York v Mayo game in May and need a NY jersey for the occasion.
Was in The Belfast store spending a voucher this week, extortionate prices even for training gear
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 3:31pm
Just back from the Long Mile Road store. County Jerseys are now €56 instead of €52 although I got the NY one for €52. Clearnace section upstairs is jam packed with stuff thought for next to nothing.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 11:54pm
Took a run out there last week and got the Ireland away for 45 euro and a Dublin training top for 20 euro 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
Leitrim Mayo in the FBD League is gone to Penalties......
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Leitrim Mayo in the FBD League is gone to Penalties......

Yeah they brought that in recently instead of a free taking shoot out. Makes much more sense imo
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm
Brilliant game in Carrick.

New rules are utter horsesh*t 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Old ones are too if a player who is red carded can still assist a last minute equaliser
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Old ones are too if a player who is red carded can still assist a last minute equaliser

In fairness, hardly the rules fault LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
I havent seen too much of the new rule changes yet but wtf is with the GAA and the obsession with changing the game. Here is a rule they could change. Stop giving a foul for every little push tug hand off etc. Becoming a wimps game.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:39am
At the Tyrone v UUJ match in Omagh yesterday. Poor enough game, in the first half especially. You could tell Tyrone had been away on the gargle for a week or so as they looked a bit leggy in the first half. The handpassing rule is a bit of a farce to be honest, all it was leading to was lads attempting a little dinked kick pass over a few yards so they wouldn't have been blown up. Few exciting players for Tyrone impressed, Brian Kennedy and Conan Grugan in midfield as well as Darragh Canavan up front. Ciaran McLaughlin at corner back had a decent game too. On the UUJ side their Tyrone players were their pick- Frank Burns and Lee Brennan with decent games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 60>
  Share Topic