You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 2:00pm
What an utter gobshoite
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:39pm
LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:17pm
Absolutely roasted on twitter and not just by casidy. He may have won a club all Ireland but he never won a senior like a few of those ghoath dobhair lads did.

I wonder will they be back next year and give it another go. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:21am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Absolutely roasted on twitter and not just by casidy. He may have won a club all Ireland but he never won a senior like a few of those ghoath dobhair lads did.

The majority of the gweedore squad are under 30 so they should be back playing next year. Their biggest issue will be to win the donegal championship as it's a bit of a mine field with a number of teams capable of winning it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The majority of the gweedore squad are under 30 so they should be back playing next year. Their biggest issue will be to win the donegal championship as it's a bit of a mine field with a number of teams capable of winning it

Went to the game on Saturday ,the support for Gweedore was unreal.

If they had a bit more attacking intent they could have won the game,too often they werent willing to take a shot or worked the ball back the field when they should have been pushing on.
They had a few opportunities to get it level towards teh end but no one was willing to take a pop at it from the 21.

Funny looking at the Corofin forward line ,they did not want to get involved with McGee at all.He is one hardy bastard LOL
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 2:43pm
Brady has always been a clown, surprised why many news outlets gave him a platform to spout his nonsense but thankfully he tripped himself up. Clap

Felt Gweedore should have won the match myself but their shooting was naive at times. Corofins experience paid off
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Brady has always been a clown, surprised why many news outlets gave him a platform to spout his nonsense but thankfully he tripped himself up. Clap

Felt Gweedore should have won the match myself but their shooting was naive at times. Corofins experience paid off
Yeah I felt Gweedore were capable of winning but Corofin at this stage are like the Dublin of club football. So much big game experience which makes them super tough to beat it you're not at 100%.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm
Draw made for the Dublin Club Championship. To say Group 1 is the group of death is a bit of an understatement LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Draw made for the Dublin Club Championship. To say Group 1 is the group of death is a bit of an understatement LOL

Strange one alright, dod they do any seedings? All 4 of them were in QF last year, although one from each group got to SF.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Strange one alright, dod they do any seedings? All 4 of them were in QF last year, although one from each group got to SF.

4 semi finalists are seeded rest is an open draw afaik 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 10:38pm
Call me old school but having a round robin group stage in club championship is a bit of a balls. Should be straight knockout in my opinion, if you have an off day or don’t perform for whatever reason tough sh1t Paddy. Always a better atmosphere at straight knockout games, thankfully Tyrone haven’t gone down this route nor plan on
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Call me old school but having a round robin group stage in club championship is a bit of a balls. Should be straight knockout in my opinion, if you have an off day or don’t perform for whatever reason tough sh1t Paddy. Always a better atmosphere at straight knockout games, thankfully Tyrone haven’t gone down this route nor plan on

Ah I don't know about that mate, I think the GAA club player is the unsung hero of the Gaelic/Hurling calendar. 

Giving them one big day out a year would be the ruination of many clubs, it's hard enough to stay motivated after one defeat to pick yourself back up! With a couple of championship games at least you know you have another chance.

Imagine training all year and having one bad day and there's your season over?

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ah I don't know about that mate, I think the GAA club player is the unsung hero of the Gaelic/Hurling calendar. 

Giving them one big day out a year would be the ruination of many clubs, it's hard enough to stay motivated after one defeat to pick yourself back up! With a couple of championship games at least you know you have another chance.

+1
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Season shouldn't be over if the county boards structure the season correctly. We play 16 or so league games as well as the championship. Apart from the Senior division, the prize for doing well or winning the league is the same as the championship ie you get promoted to a higher division (obviously apart from the fact that you would go on to represent the county in the provincial). 7 different winners of the Tyrone Championship in last 10 years
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
The league in most counties doesn't matter at all, Championship's all that matters. Straight knock-out for those counties would be a disaster
Some people just deserve a slap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm
The Championship in Mayo is run on the same structure as it is Dublin and works quite well in my view. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 12:52pm
The Down championship had round robin groups for a season or two. Didn't really work as it usually always had a team who lost their first two games having to field in a third championship group game that was meaningless for them.
Its now a system where you can lose in either the first or second round and get another chance in the back door qualifiers.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 5:09pm
Cork was knockout with backdoor. Everyone plays a first round, winners go to Round 3, losers to round 2.

Guarantees everyone 2 games

Result is an awful intercounty team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 60>
  Share Topic