You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 60>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Serious performance by Mayo today Clap

Jesus but we were bad. Darren McCurry can stroke over five 45s in a row at his club pitch when no ones watching but misses frees in a match straight in front of goals Angry

Woeful stuff on the frees right enough. Tyrone were 7 points down at half time and just came out and played the exact same in the second half. It made no sense. I thought Peter Harte had a good game for you guys. Some score from Morgan, he really doesn't want to be in goal does he LOL

Abandoned the sweeper yesterday and tried to play a lot of long direct balls in during the first half which they obviously haven't been used to doing. Peter Harte had a strange game I thought, he tried his best and was the only one up front really willing to drive at the defence. Got a few scores but also left a good few behind him and a few basic handling errors as well, which most of the team seemed to have. Yeah its hard to keep Morgan back, plays outfield for his club and scores heavily for them from play, was one of the top scorers in the championship this year actually. He definitely has it in his arsenal with his burst of pace. He also has it in him to completely balls up and cost a score or 2 whilst doing it LOL

He very nearly got caught yesterday and there was no one at home minding the goal. If the goalie is going to that someone needs to drop back and be in goal
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
I notice Sham is very quiet about Tyrone's hiding. Wonder why that is Big smile

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Feb 2019 at 4:41pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I notice Sham is very quite about Tyrone's hiding. Wonder why that is Big smile
That would be bacause them getting hammered (as enjoyable as it is) and indeed Cavan being beaten does little or nothing to mitigate the sheer devestation of us getting beat by Roscommon. I didnt disappear entirely though like some lads do around these parts and did briefly comment on it, even if slightly in jest. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
Your stint as AI champs didn’t last long shambo LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Disappointing Doc..1/10
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:23pm
Huge win for the Rossies  could be a massive two points and they will be confident going into the Tyrone game next week. A win there would put Tyrone in a terrible spot. We were very good yesterday but Holy hell Tyrone were very, very poor.

Good chance for us next week against Cavan. A win there would keep us safe in Div 1 you'd have to think . 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Disappointing Doc..1/10
Were you’s that bad
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:26pm

Disappointing Doc..1/10
Were you’s that bad
We were 2/10
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
Honestly think that Donegal have gone backwards from last year. Don't know how some boys are in the team.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Honestly think that Donegal have gone backwards from last year. Don't know how some boys are in the team.

What players you talking about exactly and who would you replace them with? 

Saturday night wasnt a great performance but still got the 2 points which in the long term is the most important thing. We missing number of the more experienced players as well as the gweedore players so squad is limited in certain positions at the minute 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:46am

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Rossie where would u recommend close to the hyde for a pint tomorrow?

Nearest pubs are 10 mins walk from the ground.Fox's,Down The Hatch and Larrys being the closest to the ground.

Ill be having a pint in Larrys from 12 ish Thumbs Up

Ye boys becoming from Longford direction ?
yeah be coming from laneborough. I think we’re in for an ambush todayOuch 

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Come in as far as Casey's (circle K),5 mins from pitch and 5 from a pub.should be loads of parking.

There be no ambush, Mon will win by 5.

At least Monaghan won something today...

LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-keys-donegal-to-press-on-with-dubs-croker-eviction-bid-37787176.html?fbclid=IwAR06r3VSr_Lc92aZUw0QLlVRkT69pgTppTgmF2vWu1HXTIFJOmZ1Mg-_FDo

#ParnellOrNowhere

I just can't understand why it is Dublin's "home" game they are targeting. Dublin should be fully entitled to nominate Croke Park as their home venue, as should anyone else. It's the neutral game that is the problem and what they should be targeting. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-keys-donegal-to-press-on-with-dubs-croker-eviction-bid-37787176.html?fbclid=IwAR06r3VSr_Lc92aZUw0QLlVRkT69pgTppTgmF2vWu1HXTIFJOmZ1Mg-_FDo

#ParnellOrNowhere

I just can't understand why it is Dublin's "home" game they are targeting. Dublin should be fully entitled to nominate Croke Park as their home venue, as should anyone else. It's the neutral game that is the problem and what they should be targeting. 

Correct 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:50pm
Need to pick a winner from this lot for a LMS for this weekend. Any ideas?

The odds say Donegal

Monaghan v Galway

Fermanagh v Kildare

Roscommon v Tyrone

Clare v Cork

Meath v Armagh

Tipperary v Donegal

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Need to pick a winner from this lot for a LMS for this weekend. Any ideas?

The odds say Donegal

Monaghan v Galway

Fermanagh v Kildare

Roscommon v Tyrone

Clare v Cork

Meath v Armagh

Tipperary v Donegal

Kildare be my pick (And I'm from Donegal, we should win but could be a draw as a lot of them in division 2 this year)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:55am
I'd go with Kildare too, then Donegal. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:40am
Didn't play overly well v a very poor Cork team at the weekend but still got the win with 14 men for most the second half. Would still fancy us to win up there but will be tough. Would nearly take Clare to beat Cork myself
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 60>
  Share Topic