You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 57585960>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Why do Dubs want culchies to love them so much? I doubt Dublin fans were drooling over kerry when they were going for the 5. I used to support Dublin in football as my own county are sh*te but can't stand them now they walk it every year. As a hurling elitist I'm loving the footballs implosion and hurlings rise. Long may it last! 

So you cant stand them as they win every year :)  so you have an objection to excellence then :)  

So you suported dublin cause your own county was sh*te. 

And then calling yourself a hurling elitist :)

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
Surely the fact he was last man has to come into the ruling and punishment
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No you are mixing up football  rules with gaa rules. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:06pm

Why do Dubs want culchies to love them so much? I doubt Dublin fans were drooling over kerry when they were going for the 5. I used to support Dublin in football as my own county are sh*te but can't stand them now they walk it every year. As a hurling elitist I'm loving the footballs implosion and hurlings rise. Long may it last! 

I don’t actually care what people think. What I do want to do is dispel myths which are attempts to footnote Dublin’s Current achievements.

Ultimately this is likely to be cyclical, especially given the role Cluxton plays. A post Tom Brady Patriots will be a different proposition. Cluxo has revolutionised the position, but is 38 and only has so long left. His kicking has been a bedrock on which Dublin’s success has been predicated either between his Dead Ball efforts during the Gilroy era, or the distribution in a high speed, shifting Dublin team during Gavin’s time.

Edited by Het-field - 15 Sep 2019 at 8:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I’m not as I believe it was a cynical foul to prevent a goal chance, and I’m pretty sure the black card rule was brought in to punish cynical fouls. 
Is “cynical foul” in the ruling?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm

I’m not as I believe it was a cynical foul to prevent a goal chance, and I’m pretty sure the black card rule was brought in to punish cynical fouls. 
Is “cynical foul” in the ruling 

Thats not the rule it needs to be either a 

Deliberate leg trip
Delbierate pull down
Deliberate body check 
Verbal abuse of a ref 
Verbal abuse of opponent or team mate 

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
AKA pedantic kunt
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 9:09pm

What a post LOL fck me pink
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 11:00pm

Is “cynical foul” in the ruling 

Thats not the rule it needs to be either a 

Deliberate leg trip
Delbierate pull down
Deliberate body check 
Verbal abuse of a ref 
Verbal abuse of opponent or team mate 

Correct. The black card ruling never incorporated a soccer style last man or denying goal scoring opportunity element. Arguably a mistake and certainly not how Brolly et all wanted it implemented but it's fairly black and white how its laid out. 
@AntrimMan85
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:18am

Eh? Confused
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
The call on O Callaghan as per the rule book was 100% correct.

The question is now should this be added to the list of offenses that will result in a black card?

For me it should.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:09pm

So you cant stand them as they win every year :)  so you have an objection to excellence then :)  

So you suported dublin cause your own county was sh*te. 

And then calling yourself a hurling elitist :)

Yes it gets boring the same team winning all the time. I felt the same about kerry/Tyrone when they were winning Sam every year. It was fantastic seeing cork/Dublin/donegal win the next 3 after kerry in 09. Super exciting for neutrals like myself. Next year I think Dublin win it again and come 2021 I'll be saying it's been it's been 7 years since I seen another team win it. I remember in 2013 I was thinking wouldn't it be great if Mayo won it and we'd have 6 different champions in the last 6 years. Unfortunately it didn't happen and every all Ireland since has been shared by Dublin/kerry the two most successful teams. 

Hurling was very depressing up until about 2016 when kilkenny stopped winning. It was sickening because my own county are good at hurling but even after they get knocked out it was boring not seeing a new winner most years. Its not that I don't recognise kilkenny, Dublin etc were unreal it's just not good for the neutral when one team dominates. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:20pm
The drive for five was celebrated in style in the Clonliffe I see
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:30pm

The drive for five was celebrated in style in the Clonliffe I see

Feckin animals.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:26pm
also in the Hill 16 pub too..

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

What happened there? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

What happened there? 
bit of a melee just, load of punches thrown.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 1:30pm

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

What happened there? 
bit of a melee just, load of punches thrown.

Any Kerry lads involved?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 1:59pm
Some local dispute I heard nothing to do with the game at all.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 57585960>
  Share Topic