You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 60>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:29pm
Cosgrove’s career was very interesting. Subbed as a sub in the 99 Leinster Final, scores 6-28 (I’ll never forget that total) in 2002, and I don’t believe saw any action in 2005. Had a renaissance in 2006, scoring 1-3 against Laois, and was sprung from the bench in 07, and I think had a goal chance against Kerry in the Semi. On his day, was was a natural genius.

Also, to Trigboy’s point, Cluxton debuted that season and put in a phenomenal shift in the Leinster SF against Offaly, and was unlucky to be dropped for the final.

Edited by Het-field - 22 Jul 2019 at 4:31pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
The problem with teh Super 8's moving is that so many corporate/premium seats have been sold with 4 football QF's each year promised.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Logistically, Croke Park was the best venue for Donegal v Kerry and Tyrone v Cork if they're using travel distance as a factor. The other two could probably have been moved elsewhere but with Mayo's big support finding a suitable venue would be an issue.

Any of the grounds in the midlands with 15k+ capacity would have been suitable for Tyrone v Cork.
The 4 games at the weekend could easily have been played outside of Croker,Mayo have good support but not that big that it would cause any major issues.

A half empty Croker just kills off any bit of atmosphere or sense of occassion
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The problem with teh Super 8's moving is that so many corporate/premium seats have been sold with 4 football QF's each year promised.
If Dublin keep winning every year I wonder will they be able to sell all the premium seats. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Logistically, Croke Park was the best venue for Donegal v Kerry and Tyrone v Cork if they're using travel distance as a factor. The other two could probably have been moved elsewhere but with Mayo's big support finding a suitable venue would be an issue.

Any of the grounds in the midlands with 15k+ capacity would have been suitable for Tyrone v Cork.
The 4 games at the weekend could easily have been played outside of Croker,Mayo have good support but not that big that it would cause any major issues.

It is significantly easier to get from Tyrone to Dublin than it is to get from Tyrone to just about any ground in the Midlands.

Look at the route from Omagh to Portlaoise for example... it's a f**king disaster. The quickest route has about five minutes of motorway and about half the rest is on roads that haven't been upgraded in thirty years or more.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 23 Jul 2019 at 12:55pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

It is significantly easier to get from Tyrone to Dublin than it is to get from Tyrone to just about any ground in the Midlands.

Look at the route from Omagh to Portlaoise for example... it's a f**king disaster. The quickest route has about five minutes of motorway and about half the rest is on roads that haven't been upgraded in thirty years or more.
Its not that bad is it,its been 2 or 3 years since I did that journey but it didnt strike me as a disaster.
Tyrone had good support there in 2018,the journey to Portlaoise didnt seem to put them off.

Edited by rossieman - 23 Jul 2019 at 2:33pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:50pm
Sure by that token we shouldn't have away games at all that are tricky to get to. It took my 5 f**king hours to get home from Killarney!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Croke Park round needs to go 

Dublin v Roscommon could have been in Tullamore
Cork v Tyrone in Portlaoise 
Meath Mayo in Tullamore
Kerry Donegal in Portlaoise  

Stand alone fixtures over the Sat and Sun

Can’t argue with any of those locations to be fair.  Wou
AKA pedantic kunt
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:51pm
Why send anybody to Portlaoise ?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Sure by that token we shouldn't have away games at all that are tricky to get to. It took my 5 f**king hours to get home from Killarney!

Going by our last few visits to Castlebar it will probably take similar to get home next Saturday night. Last time played a championship game their it was the 1/4 final replay against Galway in 03
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:06pm
That was a brilliant occasion as well Ringer! 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:13pm

That was a brilliant occasion as well Ringer! 

Great day alright donegal support must of outnumbered Galway 2 or 3 to 1 that day was massive drive in the county for fans to travel as weren't happy with it been played on galways doorstep
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
Should be a great boost for the area as id expect a lot of ye to come make a trip of it for the long weekend! This sort of stuff should have been happening for years but alas it didn't

Expecting a sellout but what that means is anyone's guess. Nobody seems to know the capacity of MacHale Park!! Could be sold out with loads of empty patches around the ground.

Should be a super atmosphere though 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm

Should be a great boost for the area as id expect a lot of ye to come make a trip of it for the long weekend! This sort of stuff should have been happening for years but alas it didn't

Expecting a sellout but what that means is anyone's guess. Nobody seems to know the capacity of MacHale Park!! Could be sold out with loads of empty patches around the ground.

Capacity reduced to 25000 Shocked
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Capacity reduced to 25000 Shocked

I've seen that as well but I haven't seen it from one official source yet. 

Edit: It's absolutely insane if it's true though

Edited by the_walls - 24 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:59pm
All stemmed from a tweet from a reporter from mayo advertiser as far as I can see.

Was nearly 30000 at the championship game v Galway last year.... 

It's an All Ireland QF 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:06pm

All stemmed from a tweet from a reporter from mayo advertiser as far as I can see.

It's an All Ireland QF 

You'd easy fit another 10,000 without any issues. This is nonsense. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

It's an All Ireland QF 

You'd easy fit another 10,000 without any issues. This is nonsense. 

Could always move it to Croker!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 60>
  Share Topic