You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 60>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Out for the season FFS Angry

the way things are going you'll be lining out at midfield for us walls , we're down to bare bones

Ye think ye're down to the bare bones, we've about ten decent footballers and the rest are just very average club players at best, can't see us winning Saturday - O'Connor some loss for ye alright, have to say having experience of them first hand last year, Armagh supporters are an absolute shower of pricks so ye have my backing which i'm sure ye be delighted to hear LOL 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

the way things are going you'll be lining out at midfield for us walls , we're down to bare bones

Ye think ye're down to the bare bones, we've about ten decent footballers and the rest are just very average club players at best, can't see us winning Saturday - O'Connor some loss for ye alright, have to say having experience of them first hand last year, Armagh supporters are an absolute shower of pricks so ye have my backing which i'm sure ye be delighted to hear LOL 

Thanks man ClapLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
Mayo clear favourites lads for the Armagh game or not much in it? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Mayo clear favourites lads for the Armagh game or not much in it? 

A potential banana skin no doubt and we'll have to be fully focused but we should be winning. Have no business being in the Super 8s if we can't beat Armagh at home. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:19pm
Mayo will win that by 4 or 5 points,cant see anything but a fairly comfortable win.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Mayo will win that by 4 or 5 points,cant see anything but a fairly comfortable win.

Isn't that what most would have said before your game against them though Wink
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Mayo are 1/3, -4 11/10.
Westmeath 4/5, -1 11/10.
Tyrone 4/9, -3 Evens.
Laois 1/2, -2 10/11.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm

Thanks man ClapLOL
You'll have the backing as well from this Down man.  Thumbs Up

As Familyguy says, many (but not all) Armagh fans are c**ts.  Tyrone wans aren't much better actually (again, not all of them) so I shouldn't really have been surprised that a fight broke out between them on the train back from Dublin after their match against each other a couple of years ago.  Disapprove

Quite a few times I've been to a big match involving either team (or even been in the same town/city where they're playing), I've usually felt uneasy that there could be trouble, they just seem to have a knack of giving out that sort of vibe which I've never encountered with fans from other counties.  Most likely because they seem to attract a load of spides/skangers for big matches who are happy to use the day as an excuse for a drinking session and who would struggle to name even one player on the respective team they appear to 'support'. 

Just to re-iterate before I get any come-back from Armagh & Tyrone folk on here, I know the vast majority of fans of both counties are dead on.  The problem is that when either team has a big match, that rowdy minority of hangers-on who get on everyone else's nerves seem to find a way to look like the majority with their behaviour. 

Anyway, no hard feelings about beating us in Newry last Saturday.  I know we had chances to at least make a game of it and we slept in for the quickly taken free that set up Mayo's goal but I just had the feeling that Mayo were the better side anyway. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:09pm
Armagh will rattle mayo. +4 a good bet.
Agree with above statement regarding their supportersAngry
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:10pm
Yeah I think Mayo kept Down at arms length and had another gear if needed but you concede a goal and quick point near the end and you can be in big trouble, a situation Dublin never let happen. 

Can't say I've never had any issues personally with Armagh or Tyrone fans. To be fair we don't have much of a history with Armagh, a few league games a good while back and I've only been to one league game in Armagh, had no issues. Have a good bit more history with Tyrone fans over the years and again personally have not had any issues but I do know a lot of Mayo fans who wouldn't have anything good to say about Tyrone. Sure look we've a few eejits in our support too, it's part and parcel of a big fanbase unfortunately. 

Will many Armagh fans travel to Castlebar?

Edited by the_walls - 26 Jun 2019 at 2:11pm
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:20pm

GET OFF THE BOGBALL THREAD YA GOBsh*tE LOL 

never lower your intelligence to talk about bogball 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Isn't that what most would have said before your game against them though Wink

Only the people who havent a clue.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Thanks man ClapLOL
You'll have the backing as well from this Down man.  Thumbs Up

As Familyguy says, many (but not all) Armagh fans are c**ts.  Tyrone wans aren't much better actually (again, not all of them) so I shouldn't really have been surprised that a fight broke out between them on the train back from Dublin after their match against each other a couple of years ago.  Disapprove

Quite a few times I've been to a big match involving either team (or even been in the same town/city where they're playing), I've usually felt uneasy that there could be trouble, they just seem to have a knack of giving out that sort of vibe which I've never encountered with fans from other counties.  Most likely because they seem to attract a load of spides/skangers for big matches who are happy to use the day as an excuse for a drinking session and who would struggle to name even one player on the respective team they appear to 'support'. 

Just to re-iterate before I get any come-back from Armagh & Tyrone folk on here, I know the vast majority of fans of both counties are dead on.  The problem is that when either team has a big match, that rowdy minority of hangers-on who get on everyone else's nerves seem to find a way to look like the majority with their behaviour. 

Anyway, no hard feelings about beating us in Newry last Saturday.  I know we had chances to at least make a game of it and we slept in for the quickly taken free that set up Mayo's goal but I just had the feeling that Mayo were the better side anyway. 

After the Cavan/Armagh replay mates of mine were leaving the Gerry Arthur in a 191 car when they encountered three well oiled Armagh lads in their orange jerseys one of them open the drivers doors and tried to take it of its hinges then apologised and said he was only messing cause €300 worth of damageOuch and mate let it go Thumbs Down

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm

Armagh have a right chance here. 

Especially with Diarmuid O'Connor out. 

If I had to pick one I'd go for Armagh. 

McGeeney has been slowly building things since 2016, but I think they've improved a lot this year, have serious scoring power - Rian O'Neill is the real deal, mark my words - and they'll really fancy it - they've got some great matches under their belt lately, it's a no pressure game for them, they're expected to lose. 

Personally I think they'll be right up with Donegal and Tyrone in a couple of years' time, and I wouldn't write them off making an All-Ireland semi-final this year, particularly if they land in the Dublin/Roscommon group and avoid Tyrone as the fourth team.

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/martin-breheny-time-for-a-radical-plan-to-overhaul-structure-here-is-my-newlook-football-championship-38254656.html

This definitely the way to go.

Link doesn’t work

The only problem with the football championship is Dublin are far too good for the rest. 
If you took them out you’d have a good little competition 
A lot of counties never stood a chance, so things in that regard haven’t changed. That’s sport, when you’ve a competition with 32 teams some are going to be also rans
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:06pm
Watching the 1977 All Ireland Final between Dublin and Armagh on TG4. It's amazing the difference between now and then. It's literally just leather the ball as hard as you can down the field and hope for the best. The standard of shooting is woeful, what we would consider very straight forward chances for intercounty footballers being missed by a mile. An Armagh lad just blatantly threw a ball to a team mate under no pressure resulting in a free in front of the posts. Basic skills in possession constantly letting lads down. Dublin clearly a lot better than Armagh but to compare them to any intercounty team now a days, even the likes of your Waterfords or Wicklows, even if they got up to the same fitness levels, I think they'd be eaten alive.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:38pm
Dingle DalyLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 60>
  Share Topic