FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean McDermott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sean McDermott
    Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:41pm
Existing thread here 

Edited by nvidic - 23 Mar 2021 at 1:44pm
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:22pm
Nope!!

Hardly a surprise he’s missed out especially considering the Norwegian League hasn’t even started yet.
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Norwegian league doesn't start for another few weeks

Not trying to be smart, would that really matter?

Eu players tend to play in championships and qualifiers in the summer when the season has finished etc

They probably just don't rate him

How many games of his have you watched?
None, hence I can't give a judgement on him but they clearly have, so I assume they must not rate him

But Mick's recent camp & under the youth set up they must have, so must have been something there

Have you watched him?
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Eu players tend to play in championships and qualifiers in the summer when the season has finished etc

How many games of his have you watched?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 11:12am

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:18am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:55am
Hasnt seemed to have played much of late according to his wiki page. Unreliable source i know.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:52am
Just wondering on my namesake goalkeeper Sean McDermott, was around the camp for Mick a few times and on the bench so was ready for squad and declared over Norway (Donegal dad) came through our U21 system

Wondered why he was not named for this squad, FAI/Kenny not rate him? forgot about him? he liked a comment of mine on InstagramDead so seemed to be up for involvement for this camp Wink

But surely playing as #1 to a side 4th in the Norwegian league would be good enough for our top three currently given the situation

For any not familiar: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/sean-mcdermott-plots-route-from-norway-to-ireland-s-no-1-1.4179986

Like I said, just wondering

Smile
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
Seemed to have an outstanding first half vs Man Utd today going by reports.
We're decent enough..
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 5:59pm
Signs  back for Kristiansund on 3yr deal 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:56pm
It would be awfully picky to blame him for the first one, it is rocketed past him. He was a bit slow getting down to the second one alright, hardly worthy of having a contract ripped up. I would say it is more likely that the Dinamo chairman is the latest lunatic involved in Romanian football!
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
Wages i Said. hope he learns. 1st goal could have stopped that or parried. It was one on one after all. Second the defence was awful. Could have done better.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:52pm
Yeah it ended up in the side of the net but that hardly automatically means it was 'top corner'! Watch it from the angle behind the goal - it's nowhere near the top corner.

I broadly agree with your sentiment that he wasn't horribly at fault for the goals, just feel you exaggerated the quality of the finishes. The pace of the shot is what beats him with the first one, whilst the second one came through a defender so he would have seen it pretty late.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

First was a rocket into the top corner, the second a well placed finish into the bottom.

This is how I would imagine Hans describing them if they were Liverpool goals. LOL 

The first was closer to the middle of the goal than the corner. The second was even more central and just went under him - he was possibly unsighted for the second goal though. Anyway I doubt those goals are the reason he was booted out after just three games!

It hit the corner of the net, literally the inside of the side netting. Have you even watched it?
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:24am
Wait until Padraig Pearse hears about this
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

First was a rocket into the top corner, the second a well placed finish into the bottom.

This is how I would imagine Hans describing them if they were Liverpool goals. LOL 

The first was closer to the middle of the goal than the corner. The second was even more central and just went under him - he was possibly unsighted for the second goal though. Anyway I doubt those goals are the reason he was booted out after just three games!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He's clearly at fault for the first.

How on earth is he clearly at fault for the 1st, the ball literally rockets past him into the top corner.? I'm trying to find something to blame him for there, but there is literally nothing. Not many keepers would save either of them.

Edited by The O'Shea - 28 Feb 2019 at 10:52pm
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:49pm
He's clearly at fault for the first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic