You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Last minute holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last minute holidays
    Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:39am
Anyone any recommendations for travel agents that are reasonable enough with last minute deals, looking at heading sometime early next week, prices seem to be a bit steep anywhere I have had a look so far, this is a real last minute decision because the house is still a bit of a building site and need another break away from it for a short while, any help lads Thumbs Up
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:41am
There are good deals on this site although you might have to sift through a bit to find a last minute holiday

El Puto Amo
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:44am
youll get little enough lower price options while the kids are off school. 

Use the filters to narrow the search 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

There are good deals on this site although you might have to sift through a bit to find a last minute holiday

Will have a sift through this, thanks MC
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Good man Sham, yeah kinda knew that but as said it is all last minute would usually have booked well in advance but sometimes you just need to get off
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Good man Sham, yeah kinda knew that but as said it is all last minute would usually have booked well in advance but sometimes you just need to get off
only back from a week away with the young lad. €1200 half board it set me back. Self catering was something like €50 less each so no brainer to pay the bit extra for the grub of which I took full advantage. Point is that there was nothing going much cheaper. September is where youll get the value but thats no use if you want away now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:19pm
Yeah Sept would be ideal but time constraints and work commitments rule it out for both of us plus the chungfella will be back in school, I am sure you made hay while the sun shined 
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 12:55pm
Gohop.ie usually has last minute availability aswell
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:02pm
I wish this thread had been posted up a few weeks ago
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:32pm
Ring up Cassidy Travel. Rang  on a Monday in June and that Friday I was on the way to Gran Canaria for 350 a head. Cracking apartment and location. Might have just got lucky with it but that deal wasnt advertised online. 

Edited by eboue16 - 13 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Ring up Cassidy Travel. Rang  on a Monday in June and that Friday I was on the way to Gran Canaria for 350 a head. Cracking apartment and location. Might have just got lucky with it but that deal wasnt advertised online. 
Yeah that's my experience of last minute stuff too. Chances are they're cancellations or something that they didn't get a chance to put on their website. Call a few places and see if they've anything they want to offload. Give them your dates and your budget (obviously lowballing a bit) and see if they get you away
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:39pm
Flying midweek can be cheaper too, but that obviously only works if you're not bound by having to fly weekends.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:53pm
just booked Tenerife for October, €130 flights and €190 for a very nice looking apartment, apart hotel columbus i think it’s it’s called. 

Very cheap flights out of Dublin with aer lingus for that time. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 1:50pm
Thanks lads for the input just got sorted, 1 week in Puerto Rico all transfers flights apartment over looking the sea half board, a bag of sand for the 3 of us happy enough with that at this late stage. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:12pm

Thanks lads for the input just got sorted, 1 week in Puerto Rico all transfers flights apartment over looking the sea half board, a bag of sand for the 3 of us happy enough with that at this late stage. 
Taking her to the Caribbean? Very posh.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL it’s the other Puerto rico in Gran Canaria for baggy gee, I ain’t bringing the mutt to the posh one
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL it’s the other Puerto rico in Gran Canaria for baggy gee, I ain’t bringing the mutt to the posh one
Very much doubt you'd even get flights alone for one person to the Carribean Puerto Rico. LOL

Was there myself with the family for a winter sun holiday 10 years ago.  Decent enough spot considering it's really a typical Spanish holiday resort ie full of McDonalds and british bars and restaurants and the like but from what you've said above, it looks like you're just looking for somewhere sunny and far away and a chance to clear the head and unwind for a week. At least it's not Playa del Ingles you're going to, I've heard it's meant to be an absolute dump, even worse than Shagaluf in Majorca and that takes some doing! LOL 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 5:32pm
That’s it Conor just a last minute getaway, not really that fussy at this late stage but glad to hear it’s not a complete dump LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic