You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm
Jordan McEneff off Arsenal, Caoimhin Fowler and Danny Crowley, all havent been mentioned either, there is a lot of food attacking talent out there . If only a few of them make it we will have a good future .
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:50pm
The promised of the Toulon next summer will be a big plus for this age group. Actually gives them something to work towards. Very excited by some of these kids
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:31pm
O' Hare at Villa?
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

there is a lot of food attacking talent out there

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Can ask some Bayern tards if they have seen him play ?
A member of the Castlefinn posse strings to mind 😎😎😎

Was talking to that bayern season ticket holder we know about it says he  will watch him and report back. Said he would go in his finn harps jersey. You could switch colours and go see the young lad play LOL.

Kev
FFS.. switch colours ??? I bet that Red B tard put you up to it
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:47pm
Great to see young talented players declaring.

Some exciting prospects to keep an eye on for the next 3-5 years
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:11pm
'He's intelligent, tactically very capable and full of ambition': Bayern impressed by Irish-eligible teenager  http://the42.ie/4165267

Article from August that I had forgotten about, very promising
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:17am
Here he is playing for Bayern U19 against AEK Athens in the Uefa Youth League/Champions League. He's a year underage for that level. 

He comes on at 72 min and gets a very tidy assist.  Some other nice touches and good energy, making himself available for the ball all the time - a novel concept for Irish centre midfielders these days.  

A leggy player with a bit of a languid style .  He can clearly play, though gets caught out passing out from the back under pressure:  

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 

Trust your instincts.  It's the prestige of the club, often the League.  As you know mosts Fans chose FCs based on the prestige of the club and the League they play in.

After Edit: Nationality equals Behaviour is a big deal in Northern Europe mind.

Could you explain the bolded bit in actual plain English please?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 

Trust your instincts.  It's the prestige of the club, often the League.  As you know mosts Fans chose FCs based on the prestige of the club and the League they play in.

LOL

I agree, that makes no sense
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:50am
If 3 or 4 of these young players coming through could become regulars at top teams and are playing champions league football it would make a huge difference to us and give us a great chance of qualifying for tournaments. It looks promising at the moment but we've seen any amount of young players coming through that look really good but don't make that step up.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:15pm

And the rest too!
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And the rest too!

What is it you don't understand?
Is it the bolded and italicised bit or the bolded bit excluding the italicised and normal text bit?
(there was a time embolded was thing).

"After Edit:" By after edit I am confirming the text I supplied was written and placed on the post after I originally posted.  I then then clicked on the More -> Edit buttons to write the additional material.

"mind" is colloquial English and it's used for emphasis to 'remind' the reader/receiver of the previous information.

Hope this helps.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And the rest too!

What is it you don't understand?
Is it the bolded and italicised bit or the bolded bit excluding the italicised and normal text bit?
(there was a time embolded was thing).

"After Edit:" By after edit I am confirming the text I supplied was written and placed on the post after I originally posted.  I then then clicked on the More -> Edit buttons to write the additional material.

"mind" is colloquial English and it's used for emphasis to 'remind' the reader/receiver of the previous information.

Hope this helps.
What the f**k?LOLLOLLOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
f**kin hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:13pm
"Nationality equals Behaviour is a big deal in Northern Europe mind."

UCD, I think you are being asked to explain what this gibberish means.

Please try to explain without using further gibberish.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

"<i style="">Nationality equals Behaviour is a big deal in Northern Europe mind."

UCD, I think you are being asked to explain what this gibberish means.

Please try to explain without using further gibberish.

I assume he means that certain nationalities are more likely to display particular characteristics than others. I would guess that the perception of Irish players is that we are whole hearted and tough, but just not very good on the ball.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:16am
So a long winded way of saying no natural ability?Wha?
Jaysis,Here we go,the rice thread all over again..take it away boys.
Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 41>
  Share Topic