You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 41>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:47pm
Sevilla playing PSG tonight, should be a bigger test for Johansson. He starts on the bench again but he should get on at HT or around the 60 min mark if you're to by their last few games.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:04pm
Midfield is such a problem area for ireland and has been for many years.

Hendrick looks like his days are numbered, not sure if hourihane is going to be the man to take us forward and may not feature very much for villa.

We have Knight injured and Molumby needing a loan.

This leaves Browne and Cullen.

If johansson (or anyone for that matter) work there way into the first team there might be a place in the senior team come September.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
Cullen is a banker to start if fit and McCarthy is not available.
Molumby will play instead of Knight unless he reverts to Hendrick and Hourihane, which is not beyond the beyonds.
Browne next in the pecking order and even Brady if he were to somehow be fit.

It's very much a problem area but then so is the whole pitch ahead of the centre-halves.

As for Ryan here, has shown glimpses and if he's good enough so soon for La Liga, he's good enough for our senior squad.
I think he'll be in and out of the matchday squads though this season, with some bench appearances and a few minutes here and there, which will be progres on last term anyway.

Livestream below....approaching the hour mark and 1-1 and Ryan still on the bench.
Some big names involed here alright so be promising if he were to get a run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDy6WRn8Tyk

Edited by Fozz - 27 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
Cullen is a banker if fit. Hendrick Hourihane Browne Brady the “senior options”. It’s absolutely wide open for our younger midfielders to kick on Molumby already playing Coventry,Johansson,Kilkenny is getting a great run at Bournemouth for pre season interesting to see will he finally breakthrough. Smallbone,Noss,Connell,Taylor at Peterborough etc the list goes on. Let’s see can one or two of them really throw the hat into the ring.

If he could get Cup appearances and the odd game off the bench it would be great for Johansson. Sevilla are quite active in loaning players so you may well see him loaned out. Either would be big progress.  
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:25pm
And he's on!
Sevilla winning 2-1...he replaced Rakitic.  He's in serious playing cmpany in this team and on this pitch now.

Will edit this post with any happenings.
Started deep, collecting from keeper and moving it forward.  As usual, he looks very comfortable in posession and under pressure.

Edited by Fozz - 27 Jul 2021 at 8:26pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:25pm
On now for final half hour.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:37pm
The pace of the game is a bit too much and some baptism of fire for him. 

Gave the ball away in midfield, let the PSG striker breeze past him for a shot and he was closed down very quickly at the edge of the opponents box when he had the ball but recovered well to get it out to a teammate.

He'll get used to the pace of senior football and he already looks technically one of our best players on the ball. 

Would love to see him get into our senior squad. September will come too soon as he's not going to be playing enough in Sevilla's first 11 but there could be an outside chance of an opportunity for the Qatar friendly in October given we've only one competitive game in that window. 

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Jul 2021 at 8:38pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:00pm
Looked quite comfortable on the ball in a quite intense friendly encounter.
I didn't see him give it away but may have missed it and his passing was excellent overall.

There's no doubting he has quality about him and the manager is giving him a few runouts off the bench with tonight's oppoents having quality all over it, and he didn't look out of place.

Be interesting to see where he stands come the start of the season (Lamela is in and will likey push him a notch down the pecking order) but if he's getting gametime, he can't then be far from our seniors.

Finally he's very much a Kenny player - wants the ball, moves it well, looking to play it forward and advance the game.  If he progreesses, he could become a very good player for our team.

Edited by Fozz - 27 Jul 2021 at 9:00pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Looked quite comfortable on the ball in a quite intense friendly encounter.
I didn't see him give it away but may have missed it and his passing was excellent overall.

There's no doubting he has quality about him and the manager is giving him a few runouts off the bench with tonight's oppoents having quality all over it, and he didn't look out of place.

Be interesting to see where he stands come the start of the season (Lamela is in and will likey push him a notch down the pecking order) but if he's getting gametime, he can't then be far from our seniors.

Finally he's very much a Kenny player - wants the ball, moves it well, looking to play it forward and advance the game.  If he progreesses, he could become a very good player for our team.

Just on Lamela he is a swap for Gil hence logically a direct replacement for him. Gil is a winger I know Lamela plays attacking mid but has played as a winger plenty. You may see Lamela operate on the wing for them so that mightn’t effect Johansson too much. 

Going to be very interesting to see what they do with him. Nice to see him getting so handy in the side at pre season that was close to a full strength Sevilla side too tonight. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:23pm
I dont see any reason he couldnt be in the next squad. Bring him in. We have to keep going with this rebuild. We cant go back now. 
I love beer gardens
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I dont see any reason he couldnt be in the next squad. Bring him in. We have to keep going with this rebuild. We cant go back now. 
My thoughts too. This lad needs to be brought into the fold and blooded for the future.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:31pm

We have 3 competitive games in the next window and Kenny needs 4 points minimum from those. 3rd spot must be the objective for the rest of this group in terms of our potential future seeding. 

Unless we are severely depleted in midfield Johansson simply won't be called up over regular senior player that's played under Kenny so far. 

I think there could be a slight possibility for the squad in October but there's no room for experimentation in the next window given where we are in the group. 

Don't get me wrong either. If we have injuries in midfield or Kenny just decides to pick him anyway, I'd have no issue with him being selected for the next squad but I don't see the latter happening tbh.

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Jul 2021 at 9:35pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

My thoughts too. This lad needs to be brought into the fold and blooded for the future.

Hes also coming back from a long injury lay off, the u21 games with ireland were the first games he played for a Long time. I suspect he's still looking to get match fit so may get better soon.

All in all it looks very promising, he's playing in and around some top players In a top league and hes only 20.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

We have 3 competitive games in the next window and Kenny needs 4 points minimum from those. 3rd spot must be the objective for the rest of this group in terms of our potential future seeding. 

Unless we are severely depleted in midfield Johansson simply won't be called up over regular senior player that's played under Kenny so far. 

I think there could be a slight possibility for the squad in October but there's no room for experimentation in the next window given where we are in the group. 

Don't get me wrong either. If we have injuries in midfield or Kenny just decides to pick him anyway, I'd have no issue with him being selected for the next squad but I don't see the latter happening tbh.

No reason not to integrate him with the squad though, even if hes not named in any of the 23 man match day squads 10 days training with them will only do him the world of good and it might even give Kenny something to think about if he impresses.

Then when the October games do come around he wont be a new face and might be in a good position to make his debut in the Qatar friendly.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:38pm
We have three competitive games coming up but there not a single midfielder pulling up trees at the moment. None of the senior players you would say are undroppable.

Over the next three months players like johansson can drop his hat into the mix
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:57pm
Johansson has played a total of zero senior games. He won't be playing senior international football yet. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Johansson has played a total of zero senior games. He won't be playing senior international football yet. 
that didn't stop other international sides like wales. it was noticeable at the euros  that there was quite a few players who appeared at the tournament with next to no caps. 

if he continues to get game time in pre-season then there's no harm including him in the squad for the autumn internationals.

Edited by colemanY2K - 28 Jul 2021 at 4:10pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 5:00pm
On the bench again vs Roma this evening. Hopefully gets another run out in the second half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 41>
  Share Topic