You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 41>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Nice interview with Ryan. Among other things, he said:

"For me it was a no brainer.  Ireland was where my heart wanted to go.  I want to play in World Cups and European Championships.  Anything is possible with the talent coming through the Irish system right now.  I think Ireland can do some amazing things and hopefully win some trophies."

Happy to have you aboard, Ryan.  Best of luck!

He needs to stay off the crack pipe.

The Harry Ramsdens challenge is his best bet 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:21pm
Getting Johansson nailed down is a huge coup for us. To be in the frame for the first team at Bayern and then Sevilla is way beyond anything currently available to us.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:29pm

"For me it was a no brainer.  Ireland was where my heart wanted to go.  I want to play in World Cups and European Championships.  Anything is possible with the talent coming through the Irish system right now.  I think Ireland can do some amazing things and hopefully win some trophies."

He needs to stay off the crack pipe.
LOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:03pm
Let's hope he becomes a regular for us in the next few years 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:09pm
He has a lot of work to do yet.

Patrick Kohlmann was at Borussia Dortmund not long after they won the Champions League and Ryan Nolan was at Inter until recently.

They never laid a glove on the first team.

Here's hoping we hit pay dirt with Johansson.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:22pm
Hopefully he can do it, Sevilla gave him a 6 year contract and Bayern saw enough to sign him before that so they must see potential in him.

Stories about him training with the first team and staying back after training to do some voluntary solo work with the coaches are all encouraging signs at least.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He has a lot of work to do yet.

Patrick Kohlmann was at Borussia Dortmund not long after they won the Champions League and Ryan Nolan was at Inter until recently.

They never laid a glove on the first team.

Here's hoping we hit pay dirt with Johansson.
Who is pay dirt?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

'In a report in the Luxemburger Wort newspaper today, Johansson, who moved to Sevilla from Bayern Munich in January, said that he was looking forward to representing the Scandinavian country.

"I received my Swedish passport. It feels good. And I decided to play for the Swedish national team. I think that's the right decision.

"My dream is to play in a big tournament, preferably at a World Cup. I also like the style of the Swedish national team," he said.'

Less than a year ago, our very own Jack Grealish

He was ineligible for Ireland at the time though, with no prospect of that situation changing at that stage. So not really anything like the Grealish situation.

He's had to fight a long fight to play for us. Nothing like Grealish
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

'In a report in the Luxemburger Wort newspaper today, Johansson, who moved to Sevilla from Bayern Munich in January, said that he was looking forward to representing the Scandinavian country.

"I received my Swedish passport. It feels good. And I decided to play for the Swedish national team. I think that's the right decision.

"My dream is to play in a big tournament, preferably at a World Cup. I also like the style of the Swedish national team," he said.'

Less than a year ago, our very own Jack Grealish

I think these quotes actually prove it's the exact opposite - they are much more lukewarm and basically spoken like a politician - dream is to play in tournaments as opposed to for Sweden etc. As pointed out elsewhere at that point it looked like he had no realistic hope of playing for Ireland so had to say some nice things about them.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Hopefully he can do it, Sevilla gave him a 6 year contract and Bayern saw enough to sign him before that so they must see potential in him.

Stories about him training with the first team and staying back after training to do some voluntary solo work with the coaches are all encouraging signs at least.

Learning Gaelic football Clap

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:52am
Ryan is already one of our best midfield prospects, if he gets over the injury that has kept him out of the first team. I think next season will be massive for him. 

He's at a good age in his development and will walk into our u21s. I wouldn't be surprised to see a senior call up next year all things being well.

It's Smallbone and Johansson for me that will give ireland that creative spark in the midfield and if they can keep injury free we'll see the benefit.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Ryan is already one of our best midfield prospects, if he gets over the injury that has kept him out of the first team. I think next season will be massive for him. 

He's at a good age in his development and will walk into our u21s. I wouldn't be surprised to see a senior call up next year all things being well.

It's Smallbone and Johansson for me that will give ireland that creative spark in the midfield and if they can keep injury free we'll see the benefit.

How are you coming to that conclusion?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:40am

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

How are you coming to that conclusion?

Maybe he's an avid watcher of the Spanish 2nd B Division!!!!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 7:23am
Hopefully it's true and he is that good. But how can we be sure really? I haven't seen him play since that Audi Cup competition he played in for Bayern a couple of years ago, he looked decent in it but it was just a pre season friendly competition, Troy Parrott also looked decent that day, but we now know how far away from the required standard he was at that point. I think we're just guessing as to how good Johansson actually is at this point. Until he plays some competitive senior football we won't know for sure really.

The next logical step for him should be a loan move to another Spanish team because the Sevilla first team is obviously going to be difficult to break into. Someone like Getafe would hopefully be able to offer him first team game time if he is at the standard required, given that they picked 17 year old John Patrick Finn, who plays a similar position, a few times earlier this season.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:28pm
only just had a chance to watch the game from last week. Johansson was head and shoulders above everyone else on our team during his time on the pitch. Simple, elegant midfield play. Would love to see him alongside Luca Connell.

Excited to see this kid develop.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

only just had a chance to watch the game from last week. Johansson was head and shoulders above everyone else on our team during his time on the pitch. Simple, elegant midfield play. Would love to see him alongside Luca Connell.

Where can I watch it?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Where can I watch it?

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:30pm
Yeah, he looked very good on the ball.
And considering he's a way off being fully fit...I hope he was subbed because of that and not some hamstring niggle as he's been out fr ages with that.

Himself and Connell as the two with Noss or Devoy ahead would be nice to see.
Grant was a bit lost that day but there's more to come from him too so good to have a few options for the attacking midfield role.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 41>
  Share Topic