You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not included in the u21 squad. Am I missing something here, he doesn't appear to be injured.

You're probably missing the fact that the lad bent over backwards to represebt us and is tied to us for good. We have plenty options at that level. He needs to prove himself like any other player. 

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
Exactly - if he wants to be in the squad while not playing any first team football he should be keeping his options open like Conor Noss...

Edited by You Tell Me - 01 Oct 2021 at 8:53pm
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Exactly - if he wants to be in the squad while not playing any first team football he should be keeping his options open like Conor Noss...

Christ in the same interview he said he was very proud to be Irish. What do you want? Declan GTSQ Up the Ra Rice 2.0? “There’s no decision to be made” or a sincerity to what the player says - Noß and Garcia. Bloody hell.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 9:55pm
He has no options to keep open, he's already switched once, he can't switch again
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He has no options to keep open, he's already switched once, he can't switch again
Not to mention the fact that even if a switch were possible it would be incredibly unlikely. The lad jumped through rings of fire to play for us. Incredible really. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Christ in the same interview he said he was very proud to be Irish. What do you want? Declan GTSQ Up the Ra Rice 2.0? “There’s no decision to be made” or a sincerity to what the player says - Noß and Garcia. Bloody hell.

It's not a criticism of any player, I think you're missing the point - which is that if Johansson was dual eligible he'd maybe be more likely to make the squad because he might be a flight risk, but now that they've tied him down they don't need to make any exceptions for him.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:43pm
Id love if Ryan can make it as a player especially for Ireland as he was so passionate in his push to play for us . He’s having a tough time at present in Holland on loan but he has a lot of natural talent and hopefully with more hard work things will work out for him
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not included in the u21 squad. Am I missing something here, he doesn't appear to be injured.

You're probably missing the fact that the lad bent over backwards to represebt us and is tied to us for good. We have plenty options at that level. He needs to prove himself like any other player. 

I didn't miss that fact, I was just curious about his omission, I think I got my answer.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:58am
Johansson been given the window off to play his way into club contention, McNulty, Finn and Rose all with the 19s .

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
Came on at HT for his debut tonight
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
Anyone see how he did?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Anyone see how he did?

Didn't see the game but heard he got caught in possession for the 3rd goal.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
I am surprised he was left out of the u21squad. 
The few games he played so far with Ireland, he's shown lots of ability 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Before his debut a few days ago, he had ZERO minutes of club football in 2 months. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Not match fit. Before the other day he hadn't played a minute since preseason back in August.

Crawford said he spoke to him and they both decided it would be better for him to stay with his club who have a friendly organized over the International break where he'll get minutes and the chance to show his manager what he can do rather than sit on the bench for Ireland.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:17pm
Apparently Johansson was playing behind closed doors friendlies for Sittard during this break. Hopefully that will help with a view to him getting regular minutes off the bench at least if not breaking into the starting team. Be interesting to see what the story will be the next few weeks. Hopefully he can break into their side consistently before the year is out. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:51pm
Unused sub again today in a 1-1 draw. 
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 6:30pm
you cant beat a good loan to a sh*te dutch team.  wish more of our young players would do it, take a leaf out of crowley, kelly and jack byrnes book, look at them now.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 41>
  Share Topic