You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Jesus imagine losing a player to Luxembourg Embarrassed

This is more depressing news alright.

Although I don't think he's "chosen" Luxembourg over us.  

I'm open to correction, but I think the issue may be that he's coming up to a competitive age-group, so if he switched now, he'd be bound for the long-term (you're only allowed one switch).

So he's not "choosing" Luxembourg, he's just deciding to remain capable of making a switch (to Ireland, or Sweden) in the future.  

I'd still have strong hope he'll go for us given his Mum's from Ireland.  

However, he might be looking at the circus we've had going on and compare it to Sweden's excellent youth sides and ability to squeeze results out of a less impressive senior side, and conclude that this may be the better option for him ultimately.

If he develops into a serious player, I doubt he will plum for Luxembourg.  

Someone was on here, saw him first hand in one of the youth games for Ireland - said he looked very tidy and technical (unsurprisingly, given he's at Bayern). 

Will be gutted if we lose this lad - but still have a lot of hope.  Either way, this isn't the end of the story: he's just keeping his options open. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 04 Oct 2018 at 4:46pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Jesus imagine losing a player to Luxembourg Embarrassed

This is more depressing news alright.

Although I don't think he's "chosen" Luxembourg over us.  

I'm open to correction, but I think the issue may be that he's coming up to a competitive age-group, so if he switched now, he'd be bound for the long-term (you're only allowed one switch).

So he's not "choosing" Luxembourg, he's just deciding to remain capable of making a switch (to Ireland, or Sweden) in the future.  

I'd still have strong hope he'll go for us given his Mum's from Ireland.  

However, he might be looking at the circus we've had going on and compare it to Sweden's excellent youth sides and ability to squeeze results out of a less impressive senior side, and conclude that this may be the better option for him ultimately.

If he develops into a serious player, I doubt he will plum for Luxembourg.  

Someone was on here, saw him first hand in one of the youth games for Ireland - said he looked very tidy and technical (unsurprisingly, given he's at Bayern). 

Will be gutted if we lose this lad - but still have a lot of hope.  Either way, this isn't the end of the story: he's just keeping his options open. 

My thinking is he's maybe looked at the lack of players playing from outside of uk/Ireland and decided to stick where he is for the time being as he's getting competitive games with Luxembourg. If he doesn't get a senior cap this month or next month then imo he's just stringing them along as you'd expect they'd try to cap him and tie him to them asap.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Luxembourg finish bottom of their under19 qualifying group, while Sweden come third in a group with Scotland and Wales. 

Food for thought for young Ryan. 

He doesn’t seem too happy anyway and has taken a swipe at the Macedonians on Instagram after they beat his current team today. 

McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
The Instagram has been deleted, what did he say? Definitely food for thought alright, no idea who he’ll end up with a senior level
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Luxembourg finish bottom of their under19 qualifying group, while Sweden come third in a group with Scotland and Wales. 

Food for thought for young Ryan. 

He doesn’t seem too happy anyway and has taken a swipe at the Macedonians on Instagram after they beat his current team today. 

Luxembourg also failed to go to League C in the nations league
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:49pm
Declares for Ireland.

We have a seriously talented under-19s team with his inclusion.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:50pm
Bate me to it Thumbs Up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
did he not bale out a few months ago?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:55pm
Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes but I told him Deco was staying with us.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes but I told him Deco was staying with us.
fair enough 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 

Playing for Inter is probably not as impressive these days as it was 10-15 years ago, playing for Bayern Munich at any level is always impressive.

The kid is 17, trains with the first team and has played for them in preseason. He's obviously a decent prospect.

I recall someone on here watching him in action for our under-18s in a friendly vs Wales and he was supposedly very impressive. 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Trust your instincts.  It's the prestige of the club, often the League.  As you know mosts Fans chose FCs based on the prestige of the club and the League they play in.

After Edit: Nationality equals Behaviour is a big deal in Northern Europe mind.

Edited by UCDFAN - 26 Jan 2019 at 7:08pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm

Hes a 17 year old who's training with the first team and played a few games in the summer for their first team. There is plenty of hype over Troy Parrott so it is good to see he will be committing to us and adding to our u19 team which already is quality.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Great stuff. Plays in the same position as Rice so if things go wrong there it will hopefully soften the blow.
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:51pm
positive news

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:57pm
Speaks volumes for the lad and Tom Mohan. Must have fostered a very positive environment with that age group 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
  Share Topic