You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryan Johansson
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:51pm
Mentioned elsewhere on the site and looks like he could develop into a quality player in time. 

Very early days, but already being talked up in Germany as an understudy for Kimmich in the Bayern first-team.  Has made two pre-season appearances for Bayern (against Juventus and Man City).  

I understand he's to be called up to our U-18s, but would be great to see him involved, even now, with a senior training squad in a developmental capacity. 

Good article about him and how highly Bayern rate him here:  http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/

Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:14am
Was having a quick look at his social media accounts to see what he had to say about playing for Ireland.

I happened to stumble across his agents account, and it turns out that his agent is Irish. Nothing major I know, but possibly a slight advantage in our favour if Sweden were to come calling. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Was having a quick look at his social media accounts to see what he had to say about playing for Ireland.

I happened to stumble across his agents account, and it turns out that his agent is Irish. Nothing major I know, but possibly a slight advantage in our favour if Sweden were to come calling. 
Once he plays tomorrow he is tied down. Competitive underage for Lux and Ireland ties him down no? He has already switched twice too.
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Mentioned elsewhere on the site and looks like he could develop into a quality player in time. 

Very early days, but already being talked up in Germany as an understudy for Kimmich in the Bayern first-team.  Has made two pre-season appearances for Bayern (against Juventus and Man City).  

I understand he's to be called up to our U-18s, but would be great to see him involved, even now, with a senior training squad in a developmental capacity. 

Good article about him and how highly Bayern rate him here:  http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/

Let's see if he make their CL squad - would be a great sign if included.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Once he plays tomorrow he is tied down. Competitive underage for Lux and Ireland ties him down no? He has already switched twice too.

Tomorrow isn’t competitive and he doesn’t need to complete a switch to play for us in a friendly. 

We’ll know for sure in about a month, if he is included in the squad for elite round qualifiers.

Edit: Friendly vs Wales is today. Ryan starts.

Edited by Maccatacca - 11 Sep 2018 at 11:33am
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:04pm
what time is ko!?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Nearly over. Currently 2-0 to us. 
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:12pm
All over. 2 nil. Anyone at the game who can give an update on how they played?
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:13pm
It's over, Ireland won 2-0.
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:09pm
Could he not have been brought into the Under 21's and put on the bench tonight and brought on to end any debate of who he'll play for in the future regardless of how he gets on with Munich!
Please tell me its some sort of paper work that prevented him from being called into the U21's and allowed to play in a competitive fixture?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm
Perhaps he didn't want to be called up to the U-21's. It's possible he's just testing the water.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:43pm
Or that he's still only 17 and want a strong 19s team going into next month's qualifiers. 

That and don't let him anywhere near Noel King for the time being

Edited by J89 - 11 Sep 2018 at 3:43pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:04pm
Ryan has snubbed us.
5678 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:12pm

Ryan has snubbed us.

Link
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:31am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:32am
Hardly surprising.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:36am
In good news, Obafemi has reaffirmed his commitments to us. 

Infairness, the media reported incorrectly at the time that we had secured young Ryan. 

He is sticking with Luxembourg for now as he can still play for any of three countries so long as he plays for Lumexbourg for the foreseeable future.

If he switched to Ireland or Sweden right now he wouldn’t be able to play for anyone else.

Let’s be honest though, Luxembourg have more going for them than we do right now, never mind Sweden. 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:41am

In good news, Obafemi has reaffirmed his commitments to us.

Wait until he has a real decision to make. ie. playing senior international for Nigeria or us. 
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
  Share Topic