You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Miller Memorial Match- Tues 25th Sep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Roy has been getting a hard time lately and deserves that but what he did yesterday with Michael O' Flynn and the dinner is a credit to him. Was really a lovely touch. The kids were in the dressing room before hand and a full house for their dad. It really was a lovely day and a great occasion.  
What did he do
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Colm from Red FM had a mare alright. I actually said to the buddy he would get it wrong just after he scored. Sure I only thought he would mess up Saha's first name or something but calling him Andy Cole was beyond hilarious. 
And people think the PA announcer at the Ireland games in Dublin is bad! LOL
Knowing Colm, that was definitely on purpose
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Colm from Red FM had a mare alright. I actually said to the buddy he would get it wrong just after he scored. Sure I only thought he would mess up Saha's first name or something but calling him Andy Cole was beyond hilarious. 
And people think the PA announcer at the Ireland games in Dublin is bad! LOL
Knowing Colm, that was definitely on purpose
I was thinking the same, unless his sense of humour has changed.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Roy has been getting a hard time lately and deserves that but what he did yesterday with Michael O' Flynn and the dinner is a credit to him. Was really a lovely touch. The kids were in the dressing room before hand and a full house for their dad. It really was a lovely day and a great occasion.  
What did he do

What did Roy do?
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Enjoyed the occasion, very big crowd and the stadium looked well. I was in the south upper stand and could see the terraces were dangerously over crowded 

Few players named in the original squads didnt play amd some guys weren't there for the lap of honour

Very nice too see some past legends in person and was a weird seeing Shaun Maloney in an Irish shirt

I was in the City End terrace, near the top, and had plenty of space around me. Part of the problem was a lot people at the match wouldn't be used to going to matches and certainly not standing on terraces.

You could tell there were a lot of people who are more accustomed to concerts and they all tried to push up to the front of the terrace. Anyone who regularly stands on a terrace knows that the view from the front is sh*te. 

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 3:34pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:26pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:41pm
The poor aul bastards 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:07pm
The GAA were bullied. The cheek to request the use of a stadium for the death of a young player.  The GAA are a narrow minded xenophobic cult.  The GAA were happy to  bully the local residents when Garth Brooks wanted ride the arse out of the community for mega bucks.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:30pm
Nobody “bullied” the NIMBY’s around Croke Park over Garth Brooks.

I happen to think what was said about the Testimonial was ill advised and any goodwill salvaged is out the window.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Nobody “bullied” the NIMBY’s around Croke Park over Garth Brooks.

I happen to think what was said about the Testimonial was ill advised and any goodwill salvaged is out the window.

Yer man is a gobsh*te.  Makes Mickey Kelly from Apres Match look more reasonable.  Used to play GAA myself and this sort of attitude put me right off it.  Muppets.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:30pm
Mickey Kelly! Loved that one!! The one where he shilled for Fianna Fáil on the Late Late was comedy gold.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Mickey Kelly! Loved that one!! The one where he shilled for Fianna Fáil on the Late Late was comedy gold.

Everyone thought that he was a fictional character. 

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:46am
It's quite astonishing how so many GAA heads insist on proving to the public how much of bitter, insular coonts they are.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:09am
What an absolute backward oul coont
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

What an absolute backward oul coont

a little harsh there Doc...............FREEWHEELER is entitled to his own opinion
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:18am
I'm going to buck the trend slightly on this one - I can vaguely see where he is coming from.
The GAA is set up to try and be a democratic organisation - In fact, probably the most democratic organisation, where everybody has a say. The reality is often different but that's a whole different story. 
Those who run the GAA put a high value of this democracy. 
The rules are mostly determined by the members so I can see how an organisation might fell a bit annoyed about being told to circumvent their own rules, put in place by their members, due to pressure from outside parties.

Now, as a GAA member I've zero issue with the game being played there - It was most definitely the right thing to do. And I'd have more sympathy with Horan having a moan about it in public if that was accompanied by a motion for congress which gave the GAA upper management the ability to allow charitable events at all venues, should they decide to. But in the absence of that, he should have said nothing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:18am
The GAA had to find a legal loophole to host the match otherwise they could have faced legal action.  From themselves.Ermm

Edited by Trap junior - 31 Jan 2019 at 10:18am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic