Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football betting 18/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football betting 18/19
    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:24am
New season, may as well start a new thread. I'm continuing to use Betway, I was a bit surprised that I can't double up Stoke winning the league and Ipswich to be relegated. I know they are in the same division but it is hardly conflicting. It isn't available on the 'betyourway' feature either, while the same bet with Bolton Wanderers is.

Anyway, have decided to do a trixie for the season of Ipswich to be relegated(3/1) Sunderland to win the division(11/4) and Lincoln City to be promoted(9/4). I think all three will give me a run for my money.

An e/w patent of top scorers in each division too.

Kane Hemmings 16/1
Charlie Wyke 11/1
Patrick Bamford 20/1
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:32am
Aubameyang top scorer 10 e/w @15/2
Boro to win the league 10 e/w @ 9/1
QPR to be relegated 10 @ 9/2
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:04pm
Salford should be the first team put on anyones list imo.
5/2 for winning the league with the players they've signed is daylight robbery. Or it should be anyways.

Salford, Juventus, Celtic and Sunderland to win their leagues is 19/1. That's the bet of the year going right there.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

5/2 for winning the league with the players they've signed is daylight robbery. Or it should be anyways.

Salford, Juventus, Celtic and Sunderland to win their leagues is 19/1. That's the bet of the year going right there.
That's crazy value!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
Saw a screenshot of a bet during the world cup, a friend of my brothers did at the start of last season.
Celtic, Man City, Porto, Juventus and Bayern Munich to win their leagues, Real to win the CL and France to win the World Cup.
£5 returned £3200

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:39pm

Don't know about Salford but I'll take your word for it, the others all seem good.
Clap I'll make this bet too Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Don't know about Salford but I'll take your word for it, the others all seem good.

You may as well throw in Bayern and PSG. Man City? 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Added Bayern and PSG to get up to 23/1

I'm in Clap
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Added Bayern and PSG to get up to 23/1

I'm in Clap

Bayern is the truly obvious one but I left it at that.

1/6 on PSG isn't good value, they're superior than anyone else but the likes of Marseille and Monaco do have the resources to try for it if they really wanted to, all it takes is a good season Monaco had a few year ago, it's just not worth the 1/6 price tag.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:38pm
If you add Rotherham and Cardiff to get relegated to my original bet you get 65/1

65/1 for 4 clear favourites and 2 clear relegation candidates is absolute nuts.

The odds are so high because of the price tag of 3/1 on Sunderland as clear favourites suggests the bookies they should be winning the league but don't know how good or how bad the summer business has been
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:41pm
wouldn't be banking on Sunderland winning League One tbh
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

+1

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm

Considering a billionaire just joined the club today, who's the son of the lad who owns Monaco. 

3/1 should be more like 1/3 if he decides to follow his father...

Edited by coyne - 03 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:59pm
Sunderland are as close to a banker as you will get in the bottom two leagues, everything is going in their favour. There is a feel-good factor there, something which is huge for a club in Sunderland's situation. The remnants of a squad that were probably too good to go down, they were probably dragged down by the malaise around the club, as well as players earning too much money that didn't care. Those problems are gone, they have a young manager that I rate very highly, have made some superb signings for this level to go with players that are too good for it.
If they start well the momentum will carry them through the season. The worry is, besides a dodgy start, is if the top two are both promoted with a few games to spare and in a race for the title as I doubt Sunderland will be worried about winning the title. In saying that, Pompey are probably their closest challengers and I doubt they will care either!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
Salford into 2s now ,still a decent price but were 5/1 10 days ago.
With their budget they will be hard stopped.

Non league review, may be of interest to some.

Edited by rossieman - 03 Aug 2018 at 4:15pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:19pm
The danger with Salford is the media circus, as well as the expectation, at what is still a small club, in a league with a lot of much bigger clubs in it. The Irish front two of Rooney and Gaffney guarantee goals at that level, but the likes of Orient, Barnet and Chesterfield, as well as the financially well backed Fylde will all be expecting to challenge them
As part of a 19/1 bet they are great value though.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:25pm

Considering a billionaire just joined the club today, who's the son of the lad who owns Monaco. 

3/1 should be more like 1/3 if he decides to follow his father...

He’s not his son.

He’s his son in law Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The danger with Salford is the media circus, as well as the expectation.

Spot on.

There's alot more compeititon in the National League unlike before, you got Salford who are the Billerciay of the league, spending nonsense money.

Chesterfield who were recently in League 1 so they will naturally be up there
Leyton Orient who have dealt with all their off-field problems.
I'd keep an eye out on Gateshead also who were took over by a Chinese firm last week, the season's come too soon for them to deal with the monumental off-field problems such as having a stadium but not having a pitch to play on but as you'd expect with the takeover they'll be preparing for a surge overtime
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic