You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Knocklyon United losing their pitches - PETITION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Knocklyon United losing their pitches - PETITION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knocklyon United losing their pitches - PETITION
    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Clambering men in big bad boots...

dug up my den, dug up my roots...
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
Clambering men in big bad boots...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same happened up in Raheny earlier this year. Planning application for 360 housing units on school pitches. People objected to it on the grounds that it was an amenity (a pitch with a massive fence all around that only the school could use), and now the application has being denied. 360 more families without a home.

I'm not familiar with the Knocklyon application, is there anything logged at all, it's not on SDCC website.

Were all the houses being built to rehouse homeless families?
No, but it's 360 houses where before there were no houses. So whichever way you slice it, couples living at home because they can't move out, people trading up to free up a 1 bed apartment, it's more houses available in Dublin.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Can year round floodlit and all weather pitches be provided on a smaller footprint? Perhaps jointly for the gaa club?
The answer to the housing crisis is not further urban sprawl. Apartments of six or seven stories minimum inside the canals and less dense mixed in the suburbs. The days of the commuter belt have to end and the people need to be flexible when there are competing demands 

Probably needs to be double that ,definitely when you get in more centrally.
A proper mix of residential/commercial in large modern buildings close to transport links are badly needed.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:29pm

Same happened up in Raheny earlier this year. Planning application for 360 housing units on school pitches. People objected to it on the grounds that it was an amenity (a pitch with a massive fence all around that only the school could use), and now the application has being denied. 360 more families without a home.

I'm not familiar with the Knocklyon application, is there anything logged at all, it's not on SDCC website.

Were all the houses being built to rehouse homeless families?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:21pm

In thos case its a field with two grass pitches and some surrounding land in a space that is open tp the public.

There has never been a more important need for joined up thinking and to me highlights why metrolink, bus connects and dart expansion to hazelhatch, maynooth and drogheda are no longer nice to haves, bit essential if the city is to sustain growth.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm
Can year round floodlit and all weather pitches be provided on a smaller footprint? Perhaps jointly for the gaa club?
The answer to the housing crisis is not further urban sprawl. Apartments of six or seven stories minimum inside the canals and less dense mixed in the suburbs. The days of the commuter belt have to end and the people need to be flexible when there are competing demands 
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm
There are lots of houses been built all around there and note sporting amenities badly needed.

What I would like to know is why were the club given planning to build a clubhouse of houses were planned for the site?

Cosgrave's house on the Scholarstown Road opp the school is going to be built on also, 

If there are not adequate sports facilities it will be very hard to keep kids interested in sport and on the straight and narrow so to speak growing up.

Edited by greenforever - 31 Jul 2018 at 12:50pm
I know nothing :-)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:41pm
Btw im not for a second saying that sports amenities are not important 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:40pm
Do the club have a leasehold interest in the land? What terms were they granted use of the land?

The population of the city is heading for two million in 20 years. We also need places to live. SGB presumably you would be happy to live in the area? Would more affordable housing supply have helped? 

Can the council provide alternatives that are suitable? Can the coucil land that ballyboden use be shared?? 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

A better idea is surely to assist each and every parent and player with making submissions to the local authority objecting to it. A petition doesn't count for much - observations to the planning authority count for a lot more.

not signing the petition, cause 500 clicks will do nothing. 

The above from SD and also a very public protest will go a lot further in helping to save the pitches. 

If you really want to save the pitches, find out who the builders are who the developers are and who all the politicians are, if you can find anything remotely linking either then you can create a dirty piece of pr, whether it's true or not doesn't matter LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm

Why don't they just knock down that Scientology sh*t hole up the road and build a few apartments? Win win if you ask me  

haha was going to post up a similar idea 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 7:13am

Why don't they just knock down that Scientology sh*t hole up the road and build a few apartments? Win win if you ask me  
because its private property... 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:54pm

Stellar idea 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:11pm

Here, here. 

The most random building in the world ๐Ÿ˜‚
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:06pm
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:01pm
Done. Although I donโ€™t live there anymore I grew up in the area and the club was a big part of our community. This could be itโ€™s undoing which would be terrible ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic