You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
Ive the new firestick and its perfect. Quality is great and can mirror on it too from a phone for example. If youre looking a sub my mate (details above ) does it. All he needs initially is the mac address and you can be up and running with a free trial to see how it goes. He has an online chat on the ho too so any server changes or issues are notified immediately. Mention me and demand a tenner off the yearly sub if you go with it.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Just about to start using the Amazon fire stick. Reading online that's it's very important to use a VPN with them. Is that correct?

Nope, my dad has 2 firesticks and using them about 18 months, no vpn needed for either and run perfectly, never had any issues with them at all. 

Cheers, Sono. Setting it up now.Does anyone know how to get past the sign in with your Amazon account or create a new one section? I don't have one. It expects you to be from the UK, USA,Germany or Austria and you have to give your credit card number?

Just set up an amazon account and use parcel motel as your UK address(assuming you have PM, doesn’t take long to set up if you don’t) 

Once you’ve done this you’re good to go. 

That worked great.Thanks a lot, Sono.Thumbs Up
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:49am
have been using boss iptv (bphosting) for the last year on an lg smart tv.
service was fantastic up until the new year. now reckons i need a vpn in order to view sports channels as it is geo blocked.
anyone experience on how to set up a vpn for a modem as will only be using it on the 2 LG smart tvs. or am i better off going elsewhere
You'll never beat the Irish
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

have been using boss iptv (bphosting) for the last year on an lg smart tv.
service was fantastic up until the new year. now reckons i need a vpn in order to view sports channels as it is geo blocked.
anyone experience on how to set up a vpn for a modem as will only be using it on the 2 LG smart tvs. or am i better off going elsewhere
For the same price you'll get yourself a firestick which ahven't been having any VPN problems as of yet.

From what I read you'd have to have your laptop open whenever you're watching TV, seems too much hassle
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
Lads, do any of you know how to record streaming TV from the fire stick? I've tried a USB stick using the record mode on the TV, a DVD recorder and even a VCR. No luck.Any ideas?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 2:17pm
Android Box or the new Fire Stick - Any opinions ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Are these STDs?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:15pm

have the fire stick in the sitting room and bedroom. Works a treat. Have had a few android boxes over the years and just dont like them.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

have the fire stick in the sitting room and bedroom. Works a treat. Have had a few android boxes over the years and just dont like them.

Thumbs Up
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm

Very happy with the Firestick. Very portable too so handy if you're travelling.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Are these STDs?
LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm
What's the latest best app for watching films and tv shows?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I'd go with an Amazon Firestick the newest Version only launched and can be got for about €50 quid. Then obviously the IPTV sub plenty around and can be got for £50 a year the crowd I'm with. 
As for Saorview I bought this small little aeriel in Dealz for €1.50 and its perfect
I've also got a freeview box for UK Channels Box and Dish can be picked up cheap enough Lidl and Aldi coming into spring sell them and they'll do the Job but If you already have a Sky Dish on the roof that will work too. 

They're knocking off the analogue channels on may 13th. Does anyone know which Dealz still have these indoor aerials? I tried three in Dublin city centre this week with no luck.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What's the latest best app for watching films and tv shows?

https://teatv.net 

Cyberflix 

Both of these were recommended to me and I could see the latest GOT on them Thumbs Up
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:03pm
Anyone know of an IPTV service who do 24 hour passes?  My regular one has just gone down and I need something sorted for the Celtic game tomorrow. TIA!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Anyone know of an IPTV service who do 24 hour passes?  My regular one has just gone down and I need something sorted for the Celtic game tomorrow. TIA!

Iptv planet. eu

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 11:08pm
Cheers lads, appreciate that 👍🏻👍🏻
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
I inadvertanly deleted Exodus from the Kodi add on  the amazon stick, it still worked the odd time for the odd movie . Covenant and 123 Movies have no streams
Are there any ones still working  via the kodi add on  - just really looking for movies and even then it  would be only a few a month  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic