You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

IPTV's days are numbered I reckon. Samsung removed them from their TV's after their last updates, more companies will follow I suspect. Best get a box of some sort.

3 months into the football season and IPTV is better than I’ve ever known it to be, the choice now is ridiculous and even having championship matches is excellent. 

PPV events have been flawless as well. 

Agree,more content seems to be available now.

Plenty of good cheap Android boxs now as well,compared to a few years ago.

Agreed - I’ve had zero issues to far.
They seem to be uploading lots of new movies too which is great.

IPTV a great bunch of lads Clap
galwayman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:58pm
could anybody recommend a good iptv service?
I’m happy with the one I have but my sub expires shortly and they are not accepting renewals.
Cheers 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
Iptv planet. eu
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:05am
Living in the middle east now so use 247iptv.org. $20 a month and the streams are excellent. Was able to watch last week's UFC on BT and the Bohs match on RTE, both streams were perfect. They have Eir sport too so will be handy for next season's LoI matches.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:39pm
Want to watch the end of NASCAR Talladega race that’s on now.
Anyone know a free online site to watch it?
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 8:50pm
Smarters APP comes to LG and Samsung smart TVs over the weekend apparently Clap. Its a far better set up and EPG than the Smart IPTV app it allows VOD too if your provider has it. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:22am
Not sure if this is the right place for this? Have decided to get rid of Virgin Media for TV and broadband. Going to go with either roku/chromecast/android box or a sattelite dish & saorview as don't want to pay a TV subscription any more.

Just a few questions :
Which is better to go with?
How fast does the broadband have to be for the boxes?
Who does the best broadband after Virgin? Would like to go with Eir because of the free BT channels but their service and customer relations feedback seems to be horrific online.

Any help appreciated,lads.

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:52am
is there anywhere to get cheap broadband?

like for a fiver a month, prices now are insane, better off sticking to mobile
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 3:54am
Have a look at www.onebigswitch.ie for a broadband deal with pure telecom. I was with them before and theyre grand. Its through the phone line so youll get the same speed as with eir or any other provider.

If you want completely sub free tv you’ll still need to spend a bit initially. For Saorview you’ll need an aerial. Then a satellite dish for freesat www.freesat.co.uk which is the British free to air channels. Sticking up a dish is very easy, id suggest buying one second hand on done deal or adverts. An old sky dish will do or you can pick them up in power city i think also. Also a ream of coax, again in power city and it comes with the connectors.

After that, if youre telly has tuners then happy days, if not pick up a twin receiver sat box. They start cheap and depending on what you need (pause, rewind, recors, store) the price goes up. Probably sounds a bit daunting but actually not a lot to it.

Alternatively, just get the Amazon Fire stick and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Have a look at www.onebigswitch.ie for a broadband deal with pure telecom. I was with them before and theyre grand. Its through the phone line so youll get the same speed as with eir or any other provider.

If you want completely sub free tv you’ll still need to spend a bit initially. For Saorview you’ll need an aerial. Then a satellite dish for freesat www.freesat.co.uk which is the British free to air channels. Sticking up a dish is very easy, id suggest buying one second hand on done deal or adverts. An old sky dish will do or you can pick them up in power city i think also. Also a ream of coax, again in power city and it comes with the connectors.

After that, if youre telly has tuners then happy days, if not pick up a twin receiver sat box. They start cheap and depending on what you need (pause, rewind, recors, store) the price goes up. Probably sounds a bit daunting but actually not a lot to it.

Alternatively, just get the chromecast and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

The only new smart TVs that will pick up official free sat (with guides and recordings) are made by LG. Otherwise you ll need a decoder box. Not to confuse this with free to air.

Best decision I've ever made on relation to the house. Saorvire, free Sat and iptv on one device without a single box hooked up to the telly and no monthly bill. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:41am
DO NOT GO NEAR EIR!!!! There are no Internet & TV providers with amazing customer service but theirs is downright atrocious and I've involved comreg in my current dispute with them. Saorview and IPTV/Smart STB is the way forward .I have the Smart STB app on my Samsung TV and it is mint. €2-€3 per month for the app and €12 per month for the sub. The sub gives me everything and I'm amazed at the quality. Feel free to PM if you want a number to contact, the interface is brilliant and EVERY channel is on it. The stream from US channels for the prem games is like watching a sky box for quality. 

Edited by Trap for Pope - 06 Jan 2019 at 10:41am
Living for Away days
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:18am

Alternatively, just get the chromecast and go with an iptv sub for €50/€60 a year or so and get everything.

Cheers,Sham for such a detailed reply.Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The only new smart TVs that will pick up official free sat (with guides and recordings) are made by LG. Otherwise you ll need a decoder box. Not to confuse this with free to air.

Best decision I've ever made on relation to the house. Saorvire, free Sat and iptv on one device without a single box hooked up to the telly and no monthly bill. 

Sounds great.

Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

DO NOT GO NEAR EIR!!!! There are no Internet & TV providers with amazing customer service but theirs is downright atrocious and I've involved comreg in my current dispute with them. Saorview and IPTV/Smart STB is the way forward .I have the Smart STB app on my Samsung TV and it is mint. €2-€3 per month for the app and €12 per month for the sub. The sub gives me everything and I'm amazed at the quality. Feel free to PM if you want a number to contact, the interface is brilliant and EVERY channel is on it. The stream from US channels for the prem games is like watching a sky box for quality. 

Cheers, TFP. I couldn't believe the negative feedback Eir have online, It's incredible. PM sent.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:35am
I'd go with an Amazon Firestick the newest Version only launched and can be got for about €50 quid. Then obviously the IPTV sub plenty around and can be got for £50 a year the crowd I'm with. 
As for Saorview I bought this small little aeriel in Dealz for €1.50 and its perfect
I've also got a freeview box for UK Channels Box and Dish can be picked up cheap enough Lidl and Aldi coming into spring sell them and they'll do the Job but If you already have a Sky Dish on the roof that will work too. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Sorry Tony, i said chromecast in my lriginal post, meant to say Amazon fire stick..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 1:47pm

Sorry Tony, i said chromecast in my lriginal post, meant to say Amazon fire stick..

Thumbs Up

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I'd go with an Amazon Firestick the newest Version only launched and can be got for about €50 quid. Then obviously the IPTV sub plenty around and can be got for £50 a year the crowd I'm with. 
As for Saorview I bought this small little aeriel in Dealz for €1.50 and its perfect
I've also got a freeview box for UK Channels Box and Dish can be picked up cheap enough Lidl and Aldi coming into spring sell them and they'll do the Job but If you already have a Sky Dish on the roof that will work too. 

Thanks, Irelandfan. There are so many inexpensive options now.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
Exodus beck working fine
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm
My own sub is on FireStick too, is there a reason we can't use Chromecast for them? Are the apps more locked down or something?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

My own sub is on FireStick too, is there a reason we can't use Chromecast for them? Are the apps more locked down or something?
Chromecast is just casting from another device isnt it? You cant physically put apps onto it I dont think. With the fire stick the app is on the device and operates in the same way more or less as having a box. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic