You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
Lads, where's the best place to buy the amazon fire stick? I also need a hdmi converter.Is it best to get them online or somewhere like Currys?

Edited by TonyNotJack - 21 Jan 2019 at 7:17pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:19pm
Surprisingly enough Tony the best place to get them is on  Amazon using Parcel Motel.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Surprisingly enough Tony the best place to get them is on  Amazon using Parcel Motel.

Yeah,£39.99  plus E3.95 charges with parcel motel around E49 compared to E74.99 in Currys. Cheers. 

When they say * This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK...

we do of course ignore that? Big smile
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 10:59pm
I got one before Xmas for £25 plus delivery so you might want to hold off and keep an eye out on their site if you’re not in a hurry to get it.

And yes ignore the do not ship to UK line. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 11:17pm
It'd the brand new version and not released until wednesday. That's probably why it's more expensive.The older one is out of stock on amazon.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm
Would IPTV work on a Chrome cast ? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Would IPTV work on a Chrome cast ? 
As someone pointed out to me previously here, ChromeCast just projects something else, so you need something else (laptop) to have the IPTV on it. 

Amazon Fire Stick does if you're looking for something in the price range
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Lads anyone interested in an IPTV sub drop this lad a mail and tell him Sham sent you..  iptvireire@gmail.com 

Free trial and then €50/€60per year (depending on package) half and quarter year as well as monthly plans also available.

Ahhh
I literally just set my mate up with Iptv planet.eu this morning.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
Just about to start using the Amazon fire stick. Reading online that's it's very important to use a VPN with them. Is that correct?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Just about to start using the Amazon fire stick. Reading online that's it's very important to use a VPN with them. Is that correct?

Nope, my dad has 2 firesticks and using them about 18 months, no vpn needed for either and run perfectly, never had any issues with them at all. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:21pm

Nope, my dad has 2 firesticks and using them about 18 months, no vpn needed for either and run perfectly, never had any issues with them at all. 

Cheers, Sono. Setting it up now.Does anyone know how to get past the sign in with your Amazon account or create a new one section? I don't have one. It expects you to be from the UK, USA,Germany or Austria and you have to give your credit card number?
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm
getting offered android box + IPTV and subscription(entertainment, sport & movies) for year for €90 is that decent?
Getting old and intolerant
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm

Cheers, Sono. Setting it up now.Does anyone know how to get past the sign in with your Amazon account or create a new one section? I don't have one. It expects you to be from the UK, USA,Germany or Austria and you have to give your credit card number?

Just set up an amazon account and use parcel motel as your UK address(assuming you have PM, doesn’t take long to set up if you don’t) 

Once you’ve done this you’re good to go. 

Edited by Sono - 05 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

getting offered android box + IPTV and subscription(entertainment, sport & movies) for year for €90 is that decent?

Sounds good once the interface is decent and user friendly and sub is reliable. 

Maybe have a look on tech kings for other users experience of the box you are being sold. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:36pm

Find out what box they are giving you.Its probably a little bit too cheap for it to be any sort of decent quality box.

It may work perfect but theres a good chance its could be a piece of crap,that will break your heart.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:34am
Cheers Rossie, he sent me a picture, all it has on it is R69, is there a minimum processor or something I should be on the look out for?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:10am

Cheers Rossie, he sent me a picture, all it has on it is R69, is there a minimum processor or something I should be on the look out for?

Those box's are $25 on Gearbest.I had a quick look and it seems limited,probably better off buying a sub and adding it to a box you pick out yourself.

It could work fine but a lot of the specs are the bare minimum needed to run a stable set up.

You could get a sub for about €60 and then spend €50 on a Fire Stick.I haven't used the newer one but the older one did the job perfect for the few I set up for mates.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 11:42am
cheers appreciate it Rossie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic