You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:30am
Hi lads how exactly does this work as I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff. I'm going to get broadband only for the first time into my house but i don't have a landline or phone port to plug? What happens whenever i agree to the one year subscription to iptv.ie do they send out a box to set up or is it all done via your smartphone? Apologies in advance for all the questions as i was going to get the tv & broadband deal together but someone recommended just getting the broadband only and set up the iptv so again i was just wondering how it all worked.

Cheers.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:50am
Use a smart TV or buy an android box. 

You download an IPTV player app ,there are dozens on the Playstore and then you add the details of the IPTV subscription you have bought to it.

Go to YouTube,type "STB Emulator " into the seach and there are plenty how to videos. 
STB Emulator is a free app for IPTV,easy to set up and works perfectly.

Just takes a bit of research,there's nothing too complicated about setting one up.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Hi lads how exactly does this work as I'm rubbish at this kind of stuff. I'm going to get broadband only for the first time into my house but i don't have a landline or phone port to plug? What happens whenever i agree to the one year subscription to iptv.ie do they send out a box to set up or is it all done via your smartphone? Apologies in advance for all the questions as i was going to get the tv & broadband deal together but someone recommended just getting the broadband only and set up the iptv so again i was just wondering how it all worked.

Cheers.
What type of TV do you have? If it's Smart TV for either LG or Samsung, see if you have the Smart IPTV app on the TV.

If not, you'll have to buy a box as Rossieman suggested or Amazon firestick, which would be my reccomendation if you don't have a Smart TV (allows you to use NEtflix, YouTube etc on your TV)
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:07am

Cheers.

You have no broadband at home??? 

Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Cheers.
What type of TV do you have? If it's Smart TV for either LG or Samsung, see if you have the Smart IPTV app on the TV.

If not, you'll have to buy a box as Rossieman suggested or Amazon firestick, which would be my reccomendation if you don't have a Smart TV (allows you to use NEtflix, YouTube etc on your TV)

I have a regular Toshiba 40 inch but just google chrome cast at the moment which i use to watch Netflix and the like. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Cheers.

No it's a long story as my the wife had it before but we moved next door to her dad's house and we have just been piggybacking off that for the last while I just haven't bothered my hole getting my new one sorted until now.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:44am

Cheers.

If it was up to me, I would get rid of mine. It is terrible for your concentration and attention span. I even miss having a good old memory wank.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:14pm

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Cheers.

I have a regular Toshiba 40 inch but just google chrome cast at the moment which i use to watch Netflix and the like. 
Before buying anything, find out what quality broadband you are getting.Is it fibre,what speed etc.

No point buying a sub and a box if broadband is crap.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:28pm
I have just singed up to Virgin Naked Broadband I'd assume that would be quick enough?

240Mb Broadband

Virgin Media Hub

Wi-Free

Parental Controls

No landline

Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:36pm

I have just singed up to Virgin Naked Broadband I'd assume that would be quick enough?

240Mb Broadband

Virgin Media Hub

Wi-Free

Parental Controls

No landline

Loads
Why no wine??!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cheers.

If it was up to me, I would get rid of mine. It is terrible for your concentration and attention span. I even miss having a good old memory wank.

I read this as a reply to Ballycastle's answer immediately above yours. I was wondering whether you were talking about getting rid of broadband or the wife. The answer could apply either way.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:46pm
They come as a package, unfortunately!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 2:16pm
FAO Horsebox ManiaHD working perfectly with a VPN, been watching all the games, boxing etc this weekend. 
Clap
Pinturicchio View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinturicchio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:47pm
Strange question I have a Zgemma box with year sub and it is working perfect any issues and the lad running it resolves it ASAP.

But for Eleven Sports it works perfectly up until about 7:30pm and keeps freezing constantly. It comes back to working perfectly about 12:30am.   All other channels work perfectly so provider does not know what the issue is as he says channel is working fine..  One of my mates has the same sub and he does not have any issues with the channel so I am wondering is the issue something on my end.

So eleven sports goes crazy for about 5 hours a day everyday at about the same time and back working normally at the same time. So it works perfect from 12:30am til 7:30pm then starts freezing constantly for 5 hours and in this period all other channels work fine.

Has anyone any idea what the cause may be. Or how to resolve it as most of the good Serie A matches are on at that time Saturday and sunday.

Edited by Pinturicchio - 23 Aug 2018 at 2:48pm
Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Pinturicchio Pinturicchio wrote:

Strange question I have a Zgemma box with year sub and it is working perfect any issues and the lad running it resolves it ASAP.

But for Eleven Sports it works perfectly up until about 7:30pm and keeps freezing constantly. It comes back to working perfectly about 12:30am.   All other channels work perfectly so provider does not know what the issue is as he says channel is working fine..  One of my mates has the same sub and he does not have any issues with the channel so I am wondering is the issue something on my end.

So eleven sports goes crazy for about 5 hours a day everyday at about the same time and back working normally at the same time. So it works perfect from 12:30am til 7:30pm then starts freezing constantly for 5 hours and in this period all other channels work fine.

Has anyone any idea what the cause may be. Or how to resolve it as most of the good Serie A matches are on at that time Saturday and sunday.

Sounds very strange..... normally everything is working or not.

Any major problems I’ve had require - deleting the app, reinstall and start again.

It’s not the worst of problems - your sky and BT are working.

cocolove View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocolove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:27am
you can buy a android tv box,free watch worldwide tv live channels,but if android tv box with iptv will be better.
you can buy a iptv account for live tv channels of  your country or you wan to watch.
cocolove View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocolove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:33am
IPTV it's workth it,
They are stable and works great than free app.
I prefer paid iptv,buy it,worth it.
galwayman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:52pm
Hi lads.
Anybody able to PM me a decent IPTV provider?
I’m with Flawless currently (which I have found to be excellent) but my sub is about to expire and I believe they have stopped renewing subs.
Thanks a million.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic