You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 

LOL

LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Ok have a Sony Bravia Andorid TV and sky and as we all knw the extra Subscription service of Eir/BT Have a lot of sport coming up for the new season

I found out about this IPTV service for €90 a year and is it worth it ???. It will cost an extra €27.50 a month for Eir/BT on sky 

Cue Sham slamming you for paying extra for Sky

Ha exactly!

Have had far too much hassle with android boxes and online streaming to last me a life time.

cheap android boxes and free streams, of which ive experienced myself, are not a patch on a decent IPTV sub. €50 a year for my sub that is less than one month for Sky/virgin. 
Agree with Sham.Get a good quality box and a paid IPTV service and you will have very little problems .

It’s a complete no brainer, thankfully I have the app on my tv so don’t need a box, if anyone has a smart tv with an Ethernet cable you’d be mad not to try out IPTV, it has saved me an absolute fortune in the last couple of years. 

Would hold off on any big outlay on any box or sub until the premier league starts and see if they have done anything to block the matches however. 

Mentioned by someone earlier that IPTV apps are starting to be blocked on some tv's now ,may have no choice but to purchase a box.

Anyone who had a smart TV should get a free trial for a few days ,most of the sellers offer a few days trial.nothing to lose .
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:49pm
Can you record things on IPTV and pause live TV?

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Can add a hard drive ro an android box to pause/record etc .Not sure about the set up if suing an app on smart TV.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

you can pause live TV using the IPTV app on the Smart TV alright
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 4:55pm
€12 a month and very very few issues. Not suing the iptv app though 

Info is in the adroid box thread
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:21pm

Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 

LOL

LOL

LOL

You write very well for a 7 year old.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

LOL

LOL

You write very well for a 7 year old.

LOLClap

I find it very hard to believe an adult would willingly watch wrestling - without a kid sitting with them.  LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
can anyone PM me any links to decent IPTV services 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm

Anyone able to help me out too? PM me please! Thanks.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm
ipfreely.ie
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

ipfreely.ie

LOL
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
Gold is back on Virgin.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:37am
1st weekend of premier league matches and the IPTV has been brilliant, choice of every game with no blocks at all. Clap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:29pm

1st weekend of premier league matches and the IPTV has been brilliant, choice of every game with no blocks at all. Clap

Watched a lot of games over the weekend and no issues whatsoever.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Anyone able to help me out too? PM me please! Thanks.

Helllllllllooooo Cry
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:38pm
Its like the Stonecutters Club
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:57pm
Paid 30e for a 6 months subscription at the last minute today, only to be told that they've disabled the web streaming and you need a VPN and a Kodi install to watch it.

Spend about 2 hours trying to get my old Kodi box setup to no avail and a window 7 machine too.

Ended up watching the match on hesgoals and the quality was superb.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic