You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IPTV worth it ?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 7:57pm
Ok have a Sony Bravia Andorid TV and sky and as we all knw the extra Subscription service of Eir/BT Have a lot of sport coming up for the new season

I found out about this IPTV service for €90 a year and is it worth it ???. It will cost an extra €27.50 a month for Eir/BT on sky 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Ok have a Sony Bravia Andorid TV and sky and as we all knw the extra Subscription service of Eir/BT Have a lot of sport coming up for the new season

I found out about this IPTV service for €90 a year and is it worth it ???. It will cost an extra €27.50 a month for Eir/BT on sky 
Cue Sham slamming you for paying extra for Sky
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Ha exactly!

Have had far too much hassle with android boxes and online streaming to last me a life time.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ha exactly!

Have had far too much hassle with android boxes and online streaming to last me a life time.

Yeah. Not convinced. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:17pm
been using IPTV for about 18 months or so in my sitting room and I have had issues from time to time but it’s quite seldom tbh, have sky in the bedroom just in case it ever goes belly up, not sure I could go back to paying for all the sports again though it’s just too expensive. 

Looks like they are going all out to cut out illegal streaming of the epl in a few weeks but time will tell if they can stop it completely. If I was you I would try one out for a month and see what you think of it. 

Edited by Sono - 23 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:40pm
Try it out for a few months and see what you think.

It’s definitely not as smooth and reliable as sky/bt but it only costs 10% what they charge.

Every student world wide is streaming their movies and sport content so there is a massive market out there. 
The hackers move faster than sky/bt.

But if you are watching 20 hours of sport a week then get sky/Bt as you are making full use out of it. 

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Try it out for a few months and see what you think.

It’s definitely not as smooth and reliable as sky/bt but it only costs 10% what they charge.

Every student world wide is streaming their movies and sport content so there is a massive market out there. 
The hackers move faster than sky/bt.

But if you are watching 20 hours of sport a week then get sky/Bt as you are making full use out of it. 

Probably be best to also get a VPN to mask your streaming activity from your internet provider. Only costs a few quid a month. You'd still be saving a fortune on paying full whack for a legit BT/Sky sub.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:51pm
IPTV's days are numbered I reckon. Samsung removed them from their TV's after their last updates, more companies will follow I suspect. Best get a box of some sort.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

been using IPTV for about 18 months or so in my sitting room and I have had issues from time to time but it’s quite seldom tbh, have sky in the bedroom just in case it ever goes belly up, not sure I could go back to paying for all the sports again though it’s just too expensive. 

Looks like they are going all out to cut out illegal streaming of the epl in a few weeks but time will tell if they can stop it completely. If I was you I would try one out for a month and see what you think of it. 

Yeah the same crowd that said they did a great job in cutting down illegal streams last year, while streams were easier to find and better than they've ever been in general. They will try but the won't succeed.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:19am
I got it on me phone recently. 40 quid I paid to a friend. For 40 quid for the year you can't go wrong having all the channels on the go. 
Still need to figure out how to chromecast it though, none of the players compatible with it seem to allow it. After me wedding in going to get a smart tv and can either move the account from me android to that or else get a second one. It's handy having it on the phone for when on the go (e.g. having it on me work desk during early kick offs at world cup) but would be better if I could watch certain things on the tv when I'm sitting at homd, for example, when I couldn't figure out how to cast I had to watch the ufc ppv on me phone

I haven't had sky in 2 years. Never got an android box either.
Get by with her mams sky go on the PlayStation, Netflix and movie HD on the android chromecast. But this thing is handy for BT Sports etc. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Jul 2018 at 1:20am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 1:57am

Ha exactly!

cheap android boxes and free streams, of which ive experienced myself, are not a patch on a decent IPTV sub. €50 a year for my sub that is less than one month for Sky/virgin. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 7:09am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Yeah the same crowd that said they did a great job in cutting down illegal streams last year, while streams were easier to find and better than they've ever been in general. They will try but the won't succeed.
I have to agree as hackers will always find a way around it .
 Look first Prem game of the season always hard to stream then everything just frees up the next week , that's how it works at present .
I have never had sky and never will , look at it this way the lad who sits next to me pays €1680 a year to watch football / sport where I pay nothing .
Or think of it another way I get to see Ireland play away twice for what he will pay to watch TV , when you think of it that way what would you rather do ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ha exactly!

cheap android boxes and free streams, of which ive experienced myself, are not a patch on a decent IPTV sub. €50 a year for my sub that is less than one month for Sky/virgin. 
Agree with Sham.Get a good quality box and a paid IPTV service and you will have very little problems .

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 
galwayman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:46am
I have a multi-device IPTV sub and am very happy with it.
One sub is on a Vu+ Solo2 box, the other on a fire tv stick.
It's something like €100 for the year. It does freeze from time to time but far less than the card sharing did.
I only really use it for sports (gaa, rugby and the odd soccer match) as neither of us watches regular tv anymore in general.
For the price I pay I'm happy with it anyway but I wouldn't be one who sits down to watch the premiership on a regular basis every weekend either.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ha exactly!

Agree with Sham.Get a good quality box and a paid IPTV service and you will have very little problems .

It’s a complete no brainer, thankfully I have the app on my tv so don’t need a box, if anyone has a smart tv with an Ethernet cable you’d be mad not to try out IPTV, it has saved me an absolute fortune in the last couple of years. 

Would hold off on any big outlay on any box or sub until the premier league starts and see if they have done anything to block the matches however. 

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:42pm

Tbh the only reason I have Sky sports is for the wrestling and formerly the Rugby.  The father would watch the soccer and Golf on it. We have 2 good tv's and want the best pictrue possible. The 4K soccer is outstanding but the HD sub is extra. from this year all the club rugby will be on BT/Eir and as much as I want to see them €27.50 a month is a lot for 1/2 games a week.

Prob try an IPTV for the a trial and see what it's like. Have the Tv connected to the internet through a powerplug and Ethernet cable so get very good speeds. 

LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic