You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IPTV worth it ?
    Posted: 22 Feb 2024 at 9:38am
Liverpool game wasn't on TV last night, people are paying 100s of Euro a month for Sky and it wasn't on anywhere. You can kind of see why people use these services.

Edited by jamo1 - 22 Feb 2024 at 9:39am
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

8.99 for basic. With two teenagers in the gaf with telly in their rooms we need to go for premium which is 22 eur

Get a VPN , pay via turkey , €6 a month for the 4k premium membership, I've been doing it for years 
Why no wine??!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 11:21am
8.99 for basic. With two teenagers in the gaf with telly in their rooms we need to go for premium which is 22 eur

Edited by t_rAndy - 12 Feb 2024 at 11:22am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 9:14am

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Only issue I find with IPTV is there is somethings there can be freezing happening with the football games. BT/TNT seems to be worse than Sky games. And they are always a couple of minutes behind so you need notifications turned off!
Does anyone else get this problem?

Yeah, it's a trade off. I'm happy to be a couple of mins behind or have the odd bit of lagging to save myself £80 a month

Ah no it works out still just about fine. Has been some big games or PPVs where its completely crapped out on me and ruined the event but in general usually can find a channel that works out OK.

It's really only the live sport and live sport ppv where the issue arises.
I actually went for the package Sky Stream + Netflix for 25 euro per month 

benefit of this package is you have the nice interface of sky for live TV for all the main entertainment TV stations so don't have to worry about any delays or lag during RTE or BBC, etc. And anyway Netflix costs about 25 on it's own so the Sky stream is kind of free and wouldn't cheap put and not Netflix as its great for flicking and finding new shows.

Netflix is 8.99 per
Month. 
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 9:02am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Only issue I find with IPTV is there is somethings there can be freezing happening with the football games. BT/TNT seems to be worse than Sky games. And they are always a couple of minutes behind so you need notifications turned off!

Yeah, it's a trade off. I'm happy to be a couple of mins behind or have the odd bit of lagging to save myself £80 a month

Ah no it works out still just about fine. Has been some big games or PPVs where its completely crapped out on me and ruined the event but in general usually can find a channel that works out OK.

It's really only the live sport and live sport ppv where the issue arises.
I actually went for the package Sky Stream + Netflix for 25 euro per month 

benefit of this package is you have the nice interface of sky for live TV for all the main entertainment TV stations so don't have to worry about any delays or lag during RTE or BBC, etc. And anyway Netflix costs about 25 on it's own so the Sky stream is kind of free and wouldn't cheap put and not Netflix as its great for flicking and finding new shows.

Edited by t_rAndy - 12 Feb 2024 at 9:04am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 8:56am

I turn off all notifications anyway as they are a nuisance.  I only have two notifications setup on my phone anyway, WhatsApp and when trap junior posts on here.  

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Feb 2024 at 8:56am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 8:55am

Double post.   

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
AKA pedantic kunt
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 8:44am

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 8:35am

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 8:11am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by JPOD2000 JPOD2000 wrote:

Sorry to be bringing this thread up again but can anyone PM me with a reliable IPTV provider. Trying to get a fire stick setup. Cheers

I’ll tell you this, I’ve got an Nvidia Shield at my house and a Fire Stick 4K at my dad’s, both on the same iptv provider. 

If you want to get a decent iptv, buy the shield. It’s so much quicker and smoother. Better remote control. If you gave me the full sky package, I’m not sure I’d ever watch it. 

I’m watching Sky Sports, PPV fights, 3pm Sat matches, Netflix shows, Disney, Paramount, bbc catchup. You name it. The shield might seem expensive, but think how much all that costs. 

Take my advice, don’t scrimp on your device. 

Lads am I literally just going on to Amazon and buying the Nvidia? Is there an annual subscription etc?

Cinema app is free and fine for all tv shows and movies

but if you want live TV , subscription is required,
Getting old and intolerant
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:26pm

Sorry to be bringing this thread up again but can anyone PM me with a reliable IPTV provider. Trying to get a fire stick setup. Cheers

I’ll tell you this, I’ve got an Nvidia Shield at my house and a Fire Stick 4K at my dad’s, both on the same iptv provider. 

If you want to get a decent iptv, buy the shield. It’s so much quicker and smoother. Better remote control. If you gave me the full sky package, I’m not sure I’d ever watch it. 

I’m watching Sky Sports, PPV fights, 3pm Sat matches, Netflix shows, Disney, Paramount, bbc catchup. You name it. The shield might seem expensive, but think how much all that costs. 

Lads am I literally just going on to Amazon and buying the Nvidia? Is there an annual subscription etc?
El Puto Amo
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 7:22pm
Have one of those myself Tom. Great piece of kit Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 5:06pm

For any audiophiles, the shield will also output dts and Dolby lossless formats if your provider has on demand films. A lot of the 4k content will be bluray rips and if you have the sound equipment, the shield is superior.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 3:58pm

gokane1973 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gokane1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 8:05am
i can sort anyone looking good service
JPOD2000 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPOD2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 11:35pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:37pm
mine f**king about tonight never had any issues before have had to revert back to kodi happy I've kept it as a backup 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic