You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old LoI Match Reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old LoI Match Reports
    Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 2:12pm
I am putting together an archive of League of Ireland matches for one of my jobs and was wondering if anyone knew of a resource to find starting XI and subs made for Premier Division matches around the turn of the century?  I have already filled appearance data back to the 2003 season for the Premier Division (and at least goalscorers for First Division) but am missing a few matches from 2000-01 and 2002-03 that need to be completed before I can fill them in.  I have already contacted the clubs for the missing 2002-03 matches but haven't been able to get complete info.  The archive with goals and appearances should be available online in a few weeks, at least back to 2003 and hopefully further.

Here are the matches I'm missing:

2000-01

2002-03

Got the missing matches thanks to deiseblue, will put a link to the site in my signature when everything is ready to go (ETA maybe 2-3 weeks), and I'll still be posting Irish Scorers as in the past.

Edited by theworm2345 - 25 Jul 2018 at 7:20pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Sponsored Links

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:16am
Theres only one sport that matters..
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:57am
Thanks, their site has been a great help, but they are missing the Kilkenny team and subs.
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 8:59am
I’ve sent you a private message
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 9:45am
PM sent
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 1:48pm
Thanks guys, appreciate the help.  Now down to just two missing for each season, I just emailed the Derry Journal to see if they ran a report for either missing Derry match.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 5:34pm
I am missing the first name of three players right around the turn of the century.  Anyone who might be able to provide assistance, I'd appreciate it.  Sadly I've contacted the clubs and they are no help.

Crossan -- Played one match for Derry City (against Bohs), 31 March 2001
A. Estell -- Played one match for Drogheda United, 16 April 2000.  Was also on the bench against Derry a few weeks earlier.  Asked a DUFC player from that season and he didn't remember.
McGinley -- Played one league match for Derry City, 26 December 1999.  Also played in their League Cup final against Athlone a couple of weeks prior.  Possibly Richard McGinley who played for Finn Harps briefly the following season.

Edited by theworm2345 - 25 Aug 2018 at 5:35pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:36pm
With the new season three weeks away, figured I'd reach out to see if there was anyone on YBIG interested in collaborating on LOI coverage or even just anyone who had ideas for possible expansions for the current season.  Last season I tracked all assists using highlights which was a first as far as I'm aware.  Would be great to be able to add team formations, things like shots/fouls, etc, but would probably need all match videos and more time than I have available to do that.  Also thought it could be possible to use the archive to produce interesting stats from the current season, which I am looking in to but may be beyond my technical ability.  Anyone interested please let me know here or by email/PM.

Still looking for help with the previously-mentioned details as well, so if anyone has access to a newspaper archive or something like that, any help would be much appreciated.
cityman View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cityman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
I can help you out with the Derry City player details that you are looking for -

Damien McGinley came on as sub v Galway Utd 26/12/99 and  v Athlone Town League Cup Final 2nd Leg 8/12/99

Gary Crossan came on as sub v Bohemians 31/3/2001

Andy Estrell was the unused sub for Drogheda Utd v Derry City 2000

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:10am
Originally posted by cityman cityman wrote:

I can help you out with the Derry City player details that you are looking for -

Damien McGinley came on as sub v Galway Utd 26/12/99 and  v Athlone Town League Cup Final 2nd Leg 8/12/99

Gary Crossan came on as sub v Bohemians 31/3/2001

Andy Estrell was the unused sub for Drogheda Utd v Derry City 2000

This is fantastic, thanks very much for your help Thumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:04am
Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far, I am now hoping to add the 1998/99 season and have all but two reports, which don't seem to have been in the Times or the Examiner (possibly because Ireland played Croatia that night).  If anyone would be able to help me to get the starting XIs and subs made from both teams in these two matches, I'd be much obliged and should be able to add this season to the archive.

5 Sept. 1998 Finn Harps v. Waterford (only need Harps team and subs made)
5 Sept. 1998 Sligo Rovers v. Bohemians

Edited by theworm2345 - 19 Feb 2019 at 6:39pm
cityman View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cityman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:55pm
The lineups that you were looking for from 1998/99 season -

Sligo Rovers 2 (Shannon, Hallows) Bohemians 2 (Ngata, Swan)
Sligo : Boswell, Callaghan, Lynch. O'Grady, Birks, Sheridan, Shannon (Oates 58), Jones, Hallows, Hetherston (Ogden 23), Hutchinson 
Bohs : Batty, O'Hanlon, Brunton, Broughan, Place, Harkin, Dodds (Doolin 70), Byrne (Mullan 61), Swan, Ngata, DeGorgorio (Lawlor 81)
Ref - P Whelan (Dublin)

Finn Harps 1 (Dowling) Waterford 2 (Power PEN, Griffin)
Harps : Henderson, Vaudequin, Minnock, Boyle, Dykes, Flood, Mohan, Kavanagh, Kelly (O'Brien 64), Mulligan, Dowling (Speak 83)
Waterford : Devine, Power (Scully 83), Frost, Lynch, Riordan, Harkin, McGrath, Reid (Gannon 80), Dully (Wood 84), Reynolds, Griffin 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm

Sligo Rovers 2 (Shannon, Hallows) Bohemians 2 (Ngata, Swan)
Sligo : Boswell, Callaghan, Lynch. O'Grady, Birks, Sheridan, Shannon (Oates 58), Jones, Hallows, Hetherston (Ogden 23), Hutchinson 
Bohs : Batty, O'Hanlon, Brunton, Broughan, Place, Harkin, Dodds (Doolin 70), Byrne (Mullan 61), Swan, Ngata, DeGorgorio (Lawlor 81)
Ref - P Whelan (Dublin)

Finn Harps 1 (Dowling) Waterford 2 (Power PEN, Griffin)
Harps : Henderson, Vaudequin, Minnock, Boyle, Dykes, Flood, Mohan, Kavanagh, Kelly (O'Brien 64), Mulligan, Dowling (Speak 83)
Waterford : Devine, Power (Scully 83), Frost, Lynch, Riordan, Harkin, McGrath, Reid (Gannon 80), Dully (Wood 84), Reynolds, Griffin 
Once again, thanks very much for your help with this project ClapClap

Ii hope to have the archive completed by next week, then possibly push on further

Edited by theworm2345 - 20 Feb 2019 at 6:19pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:38pm

Hello again, would you be willing to help out again on two Derry City matches?
UCD - Derry from 14 December 1997, both of the articles I found list Mick O'Byrne starting twice in the UCD XI, so am hoping to confirm the last player there.
Derry - Shelbourne 21 February 1998, the source I have (Sunday Independent) listed no subs being made, was hoping to confirm.
cityman View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cityman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm

I have the following line-ups (from several sources local & national)

SUNDAY 14 DECEMBER 1997

UCD 1 (O’Byrne 16) DERRY CITY 2 (Semple 30, Keddy 65)

UCD – Ryan; Bolger, Palmer, McDonnell, McCauley;  Bennis, Lynch, O’Byrne, Kavanagh, Fitzgerald; Shelock. Subs – Griffin for Fitzgerald (69), Kilmurray for Bolger (69), Martin for McDonnell (72)

DERRY CITY – O’Dowd; Doherty, Gallagher, Curran, Dykes; Semple, Hegarty, Beckett, Keddy; Hargan, L Coyle. Subs – R Coyle for Gallagher (55)

REF – J Feighery (Dublin)

ATT – 255

SATURDAY 21 DECEMBER 1997

DERRY CITY 1 (Curran 46) SHELBOURNE 2 (Kelly 73, Baker 90+2 Pen)

DERRY CITY – O’Dowd; Gallagher, Brunton (Sent Off 92), Curran, Kelly; Hargan, Hegarty, Bell, Keddy; Taggart, Beckett. Subs – No subs used

SHELBOURNE – Gough; Costello, Scully, McCarthy, D Geoghegan; Fitzgerald, Fenlon, Campbell, Sheridan; Baker, Kelly  Subs – No subs used

REF – J McDermott (Dublin)

ATT - 1085

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:38pm

I have the following line-ups (from several sources local & national)

SUNDAY 14 DECEMBER 1997

UCD 1 (O’Byrne 16) DERRY CITY 2 (Semple 30, Keddy 65)

UCD – Ryan; Bolger, Palmer, McDonnell, McCauley;  Bennis, Lynch, O’Byrne, Kavanagh, Fitzgerald; Shelock. Subs – Griffin for Fitzgerald (69), Kilmurray for Bolger (69), Martin for McDonnell (72)

DERRY CITY – O’Dowd; Doherty, Gallagher, Curran, Dykes; Semple, Hegarty, Beckett, Keddy; Hargan, L Coyle. Subs – R Coyle for Gallagher (55)

REF – J Feighery (Dublin)

ATT – 255

SATURDAY 21 DECEMBER 1997

DERRY CITY 1 (Curran 46) SHELBOURNE 2 (Kelly 73, Baker 90+2 Pen)

DERRY CITY – O’Dowd; Gallagher, Brunton (Sent Off 92), Curran, Kelly; Hargan, Hegarty, Bell, Keddy; Taggart, Beckett. Subs – No subs used

SHELBOURNE – Gough; Costello, Scully, McCarthy, D Geoghegan; Fitzgerald, Fenlon, Campbell, Sheridan; Baker, Kelly  Subs – No subs used

REF – J McDermott (Dublin)

ATT - 1085

Lovely stuff as always, thanks again for your willingness to help...hopefully will have 1997/98 season up in the next few weeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic