You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Nolan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:12pm
Was going to play tonight and has torn his cruciate in training, some luck 
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:13pm
Damn! Real shame for the lad, he was really starting to turn thing around for himself.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
is that 6-9 months out? Terrible luck for the lad
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 3:22pm
I can’t find a better summation of Irish players general luck at the moment then this. 

Between lads losing places and getting injuries like this and they about to get rolling we seem to be cursed at the moment.

Something that will really hurt him mentally. He was very close to making his debut and he needs to use that for motivation for his recovery now no doubt his chance will come again.

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Dec 2020 at 3:23pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 3:56pm
hopefully recent weeks show they rate him , so with any luck they will show some faith and give him more chance when he recuperates
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:59pm
disaster for the lad. He’s only 21 bough so if he can get back for preseason and get back somewhere near the first team he should be ok. Anyone know if his contract extends into next season
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

disaster for the lad. He’s only 21 bough so if he can get back for preseason and get back somewhere near the first team he should be ok. Anyone know if his contract extends into next season

Transfermarkt says he's only contracted up until next summer.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:43pm
Noticed that Getafe had a couple of defenders sent off tonight and got to wondering about this chap.

Looked at Transfermarkt and it appears he's been a free agent since July. 

You'd wonder what level he'll end up playing at, assuming he eventually gets another club.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:45pm
he done his ACL days before he was about to make his first team debut last year. He’s still injured but I don’t think he’s a free agent now, could be wrong though. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:55am
He was doing his rehab with them until recently enough, but his contract was only a year and hes not listed in their B / Reserve team squad this season.

Interesting to see John Joe Patrick Finn isn't either, hes back playing with Juvenil A / u19s this season.

Club is a bit of mess at the moment too after Jose Bordalas left to manage Valencia in the summer, hes the one that gave JJPF his debut and had Nolan in and around the first team. His replacement was sacked after losing 7 of their opening 8 games, gaining only a point.

Quique Sanchez Flores is their 'new' manager (His 3 stint at the club). So far hes drawn one and lost with the club still rock bottom of the table.

Edited by Bandwagon - 26 Oct 2021 at 12:55am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 1:27pm
Signs for Northampton Town
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Signs for Northampton Town

Jaysus. Crazy how quick things can change and the impact an injury can have. Was on the verge of making his first team debut in La Liga a little over a year ago!

Hopefully hes managed to recover the ACL and he can kick start his career again.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 4:35pm
going out on loan as well to get fitness. Must be a long way behind
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 6:30pm
Jayus hard to believe he is 23 now. 
Hopefully he can get his football career back on track, no matter what level it is at.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 6:45pm
did you think he was older? Because I thought he was younger. Would have said 20. Years flying!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

did you think he was older? Because I thought he was younger. Would have said 20. Years flying!

No I thought he was younger too. I thought he was only around 20/21 as well until I looked him up when I see his move reported on here. I say it has been tough enough for him with the injures.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 6:07pm
Was sent on loan to Kidderminster Harriers in the sixth tier of English football back in March. Started one game, made way on 64 minutes, and that remained his only appearance before being sent back four weeks later. He was an unused sub in one other game.

I believe he's still under contract at Northampton for next season, but the optics aren't looking great.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 6:14pm
Doesn't seem to have ever had any success in senior football wherever he has gone. Was something of an achievement captaining Inter Milan's seconds when he did, but it probably raised expectations to an unrealistic level though it was still underage football. We might see him in the League of Ireland after his Northampton contract expires, I don't expect him to get much of a look in with them and at 23 he probably hasn't that much more development in him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic