You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Nolan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It seems strange he was rated so highly at Inter and now hes shipped of to a Serie C side. You would think that at least 1 Serie B side might take him. Strange.

Totally agree - at one point he's tipped to get a place in the inter Milan first team and then seemed to fall out of favour very quickly.

Probably more to this than is currently known 

To be honest there probably isn't. Wasn't getting near the Inter team and has played little or no senior football so not surprising there was little interest in him. If Inter thought he had a chance they'd have kept him on and loaned him. There's a small chance he might still make it but the odds are he'll fall away into obscurity from here. Was ridiculously overrated by Irish fans because he was signed to Inter but that means nothing really. 
Sponsored Links

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:44pm
Good move for him, young centre halfs hardly ever break through at big clubs so a club like Arezzos size who are one of the bigger clubs in seria C is a good move for his age if he gets good game time. Better he stays in Italy imo.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 31 Aug 2019 at 1:47pm
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Should have gone to Kilmarnock on loan from Leeds
The only way is up
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

I’ll just throw out one name from our recent enough next big prospect, and that’s Kenny McEvoy. Touted as being the next Gareth Bale and making the bench for a Europa League game. We know how that’s ended

Should be a reminder to us all with all the hype surrounding our young prospects

The step up from the underage ranks to 1st team football is a massive one

He was never touted as the next Bale. He looks like Bale and played in the same position, the comparisons were not about his ability.
We're decent enough..
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It seems strange he was rated so highly at Inter and now hes shipped of to a Serie C side. You would think that at least 1 Serie B side might take him. Strange.

Totally agree - at one point he's tipped to get a place in the inter Milan first team and then seemed to fall out of favour very quickly.

Probably more to this than is currently known 

More than likely he’s not up to it but we have 23 posts about an untried player moving to Serie C just sums up this forum for the last few months. If this was a loi player he’d be laughed out of here.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:09pm
Maybe just don't read the posts you don't like 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:12pm

I’ll just throw out one name from our recent enough next big prospect, and that’s Kenny McEvoy. Touted as being the next Gareth Bale and making the bench for a Europa League game. We know how that’s ended

Yes we do.

He married some stunner at 20 and retired from football
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Should have gone to Kilmarnock on loan from Leeds

Made the right choice by staying in Italy. If I had the chance to play professional football in Tuscany or Kilmarnock, I know where I’d be heading. 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Should be a reminder to us all with all the hype surrounding our young prospects

The step up from the underage ranks to 1st team football is a massive one

He was never touted as the next Bale. He looks like Bale and played in the same position, the comparisons were not about his ability.

Think you’ll find he was, bud

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/irelands-baby-bale-29236923.html
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yes we do.

More to it than that
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

but we have 23 posts about an untried player moving to Serie C just sums up this forum for the last few months. If this was a loi player he’d be laughed out of here.

When you see the number of Irish lads warming benches in the PL and Championship today, you’ll realise that at times clutching straws is all we have.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:32pm

Yes we do.

More to it than that

Do tell
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:35pm

Yes we do.

More to it than that

Do tell

Nooooooo
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The 50% sell on fee is standard practice in Italy in fairness 

That's interesting. Is it common for promising young players in Italy to be sold to Seria C teams like this? (Genuine question by the way - I wouldn't be familiar so am wondering is this good or bad)
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:05pm
Tried to look up his stats today and still looks like just 8 league games. Has he really not played in months? Is he not looking to make another move this window? Are his legs gone? 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Tried to look up his stats today and still looks like just 8 league games. Has he really not played in months? Is he not looking to make another move this window? Are his legs gone? 
Yeah, not since mid October. Perennial substitute since.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:41pm
Has to start against Slovakia.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Has to start against Slovakia.
Come on give us a chance , we already have a third tier player in the team!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic