You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Nolan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Says it on that punditarena article above.

Wouldn't be reading too much into punditarena, if Spain wanted to cap him he'd be capped by now but you can be sure they know of him and probably keep tabs on him to see if he if makes the breakthrough at Inter.

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How good is he? Is he a future Ronnie O'Brien or potential to be better?

Nobody knows because he's based in Italy and apart from 60 odd minutes in an u18 friendly the coaches here probably haven't seen much of him either.
I know nothing about punditarena so I can't tell if they're a credible source. I don't agree with your comment that if Spain wanted him, he'd be capped by now. He could want to play for Ireland and has no desire to play for Spain. Similarly, I'm sure Spain have tons of 19 year old centre backs at Real, Barca, Atletico, Athletic, Valencia etc.... and he could be fairly well down the line.

They had a reputation for not paying their contributors, although I understand this isn't as bad as it was. Most of their articles are the same as everywhere else, very little originality.
Put it this way, if it's only on pundit arena, I wouldn't trust it
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:36pm

From the words of the coaches in this he is well thought of
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
"Good physical attributes, good in the air, and aggressive".

Looks like it doesn't matter where we learn our trade, we always turn out the same LOL
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

"Good physical attributes, good in the air, and aggressive".

Looks like it doesn't matter where we learn our trade, we always turn out the same LOL

Should fit straight into MON's plans so
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 3:54pm

He play regularly for Inter's underage teams and is now training with the first team. Regardless of whether or not he makes it, he should be called up ahead of lads playing reserve ball for non league clubs in the UK.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He play regularly for Inter's underage teams and is now training with the first team. Regardless of whether or not he makes it, he should be called up ahead of lads playing reserve ball for non league clubs in the UK.

Out of interest, who are the non-league centre-backs playing for our under-19s? 

Just from looking at the squad on wiki, we've a dearth of talented youngsters at the back.

The FAI have certainly not been proactive in Nolan's case, but in this instance they might simply be happy with whats available to them at the moment. (Not that I'm saying they shouldn't be calling Ryan up)

Off the top of my head between the under-19's and under-21s, the following are all centre backs with serious chances of progressing into our first team in the next few years: Declan Rice, Conor Masterson, Jimmy Dunne, Lee O'Connor, Conor O'Shaugnessy, Dara O'Shea, Paudie O'Connor and Ryan Sweeney - not exactly non-league players. 

And then you've Corey Whelan who is the Liverpool under-23s captain who we don't even rate particularly highly.

There are undoubtedly a few lads amongst the squads who are English born and who we are playing to keep sweet, but for the most part I think the defensive positions in our under age squads are very competitive right now.

Nolan is doing very well and should be given a chance as soon as possible but theres a lot of lads who deserve a chance at the moment.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:15pm
Seems like this age group is stacked at the back (especially CB), but there isn’t much attacking or creative midfield talent just yet. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:43pm

Everyone had heard of him, he's been talked about for a few years at this stage. He just hasn't been called up for whatever reason. I'd wager that no one on this forum has actually ever seen him play, so the faux-outrage is a bit much when we don't even know how good he is.

I wonder if in 6 months time you'll be giving out that he hasn't kicked on like you did with Michael Obafemi

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

A quick glance on the Ireland under 19 Wikipedia page, admittedly not a reliable source, but certainly the easiest, shows that the only 'non-league' player is on loan. 
I know absolutely nothing about Ryan Nolan, other than he is a young Irish lad who grew up in Spain and is on Inter's books and doing well, but it seems he is being used as something to beat the FAI and underage set-up for when we don't know the realities of it. 
Maybe somebody has been out to see him, maybe the association have been in regular contact and feel he is better developing at Inter or any number of alternatives.
It is no different to the senior squad where we have lads wanting the senior team picked by the relative league position of the player's club and going mad when they are not, without knowing the first thing about them. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Everyone had heard of him, he's been talked about for a few years at this stage. He just hasn't been called up for whatever reason. I'd wager that no one on this forum has actually ever seen him play, so the faux-outrage is a bit much when we don't even know how good he is.

I wonder if in 6 months time you'll be giving out that he hasn't kicked on like you did with Michael Obafemi

?
We're decent enough..
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm
Here's another article on Ryan from RTE back in April. 

That one suggests what is probably the more realistic possibility of him going on loan first before playing in a competitive game with Inter. Best of luck to the lad anyway, certainly taken a path less travelled as regards young Irish footballers. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 3:49pm
Have found where the Spain quotes came from. 

Was the Irish Mirror a few months ago: 

But while Nolan has dazzled in Italy, his club achievements have not guaranteed international caps.

The Republic of Ireland under-19’s recently missed out on a place in the European Championship’s after a 4-0 qualifying defeat against Portugal.

Surprisingly, Ryan Nolan wasn’t part of Tom Mahon’s 20-man-squad for the qualifiers.

"It's probably because they [The FAI] can’t get over to watch me as often," explains Nolan.

Nolan last featured for Ireland at underage level, as the under-18’s took on Germany and Holland in 2016.

He said: “I wish they could give me a few more chances – if I keep doing well it will happen eventually I think.”

And while it appears that the Nolan has been snubbed on this occasion, Mirror Sport understands that the Spanish FA are considering approaching the eligible youngster about an underage call-up.

But Nolan is adamant that he will one day play for the Boy’s in Green.

He said: “My first aim is to one hundred percent play for Ireland.

“I am Irish. I feel one hundred percent Irish. If Ireland never call me, and Spain come calling, then I’d think about it, but at the end of the day, I’m Irish.

https://get.convrse.media/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishmirror.ie%2Fsport%2Fsoccer%2Fsoccer-news%2Fmeet-19-year-old-irish-12323672&cre=bottom&cip=48" style="background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; font-size: 16px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(20, 20, 20); font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif; float: left;">

“My main aim is to play for Ireland – if I played for any other country then I wouldn’t feel it as much – I just wouldn’t feel that pride or honour.”

“It’s obviously hard, but I think if I keep progressing the way I am, then hopefully I can play for the senior team one day."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/meet-19-year-old-irish-12323672

I think RTE's quotes are similar enough.

Edited by Maccatacca - 17 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 8:14pm
Signs a 2 year professional deal with Inter 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 12:15am
Call him into the senior squad ??

He plays for giants Inter Milan
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 2:32pm
with the mention that he has been made youth team captain I guess that means he won't go on loan? positive development either way and good that hes been included in first team preseason, hope he can kick on
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 2:37pm
Hope he gets into our youth teams before the Spanish call again
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:38pm
https://youtu.be/p9MHNa4qth0

Number 4 and captain here. Very unlucky not to score a header and soft penalty conceded 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm
has he been involved with any of our underage teams yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic