You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC Final: France v Croatia Sun @ 4pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Poll Question: Who will win the 2018 WC?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [60.71%]
11 [39.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:30am
Italy in 06 had Australia and Ukraine before beating Germany in the semi's. Whereas France had to beat Portugal, Brazil and Spain to reach the final.
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
France 3-1
Some people just deserve a slap
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
France are a machine and it's difficult to see anything other than a win for them.

However, Croatia probably feel like they have mystical forces guiding them to a World Cup win.

For France everything is going according to plan, while Croatia have had to ad-lib a lot more. 

Deschamps will expect a 2-0 win. He probably ordered the bus for the victory parade in Paris a couple of months ago.

We can only hope that the Croats score first and football match will break-out. 

The French were too clever for their own good against Argentina, and it nearly came back to bite them. 

The Croats have none of the chaos that the Argentinians have, but they do have the talent to unsettle France.

Deschamps was probably laughing at the Croats for trying to score a third goal against England last night. They should have been running the ball into the corners.

Hopefully the Croats can keep that up. It'd be nice if they delivered the coup de grace to France in injury time to bring the curtain down on this World Cup.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
Modric has for sure been player of the tournament.

I am sick of the mbappe talk. The way some of the media have been going on is that he has been tearing up the world cup. That he is the new mesiah. 
Ok yes he is only 19 but apart from the Argentine game where he was good and took goals well, has he really been that amazing? I think griezmann has been more influential to be honest and even others like Kante and all the defence.  
I think the whole mbappe praise started because of the timing where ronaldo and Messi went out and he got the two goals to knock out Argentina in the same round. So it was out with the old, in with the new. But he has been very ordinary since.

Whereas Modric has orchestrated Croatia to the final with MOTM performances in 5 games so far. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I am sick of the mbappe talk. The way some of the media have been going on is that he has been tearing up the world cup. That he is the new mesiah. 
Ok yes he is only 19 but apart from the Argentine game where he was good and took goals well, has he really been that amazing? I think griezmann has been more influential to be honest and even others like Kante and all the defence.  
I think the whole mbappe praise started because of the timing where ronaldo and Messi went out and he got the two goals to knock out Argentina in the same round. So it was out with the old, in with the new. But he has been very ordinary since.

Whereas Modric has orchestrated Croatia to the final with MOTM performances in 5 games so far. 

Perisic actually got the official MOTM award against England
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
Can my beloved Dejan Lovrens luck hold out for the final, it ran out for Stones & Walker in the semi, he has had a decent tournament so far got away with a lot of sh*t in the Semi against England but in the final up against the likes of Griezemann, Giroud, Mbappe can his luck hold out?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Italy in 06 had Australia and Ukraine before beating Germany in the semi's. Whereas France had to beat Portugal, Brazil and Spain to reach the final.
That was France's own fault for not winning their group.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:24am
I agree tr_andy regarding Mbappe
I think the commentators are overplaying how good he has been. They were saying he was the best player on the pitch by a mile against Belgium. First half I thought Hazard was 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:29am
Thought Hazard was the best player on the pitch all match. He was trying to win it on his own at times. I don't think him and De Bruyne were helped by the tactics employed, Hazard just tried to keep going though.
Mbappé was a danger throughout but is being talked up because of his maturity on the pitch for his age, which I can understand.

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:39am
France to win this pretty handily

the referee Pitana should crack down on the Croatians cynical attempts to stop France's more speedier players 

they will have too much. 2-0 or 3-1
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
Croatia’s easy run to the final should not be overlooked
France to win in 90 mins at just below evens is a great bet
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was it really that easy?

Denmark had gone something like 17 games unbeaten up to that point, whereas the hosts are generally always pretty tough to eliminate. They might have got lucky to meet England in the semi-final but it was still a much stronger than usual English team at the end of the day.

They've showed fantastic resilience throughout the tournament. Won't be going near the final with a barge pole betting wise. Should be a cracker of a final.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:19pm
Well if England’s run to the semis was easy then surely Croatia’s was as well?
Colombia and Sweden wouldn’t be any worse than Denmark and Russia 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:23pm

Well if England’s run to the semis was easy then surely Croatia’s was as well?
Colombia and Sweden wouldn’t be any worse than Denmark and Russia 

Hrm, not so sure about that. Mightn't be a huge amount in it but felt Croatia definitely had a tougher route to reach the semi final than England did. Either way both enjoyed an easier route to the semi final stages than France did.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why would you be sick of the Mbappe talk? He’s a joy to watch and without doubt the next big superstar! Just enjoy his performances.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why would you be sick of the Mbappe talk? He’s a joy to watch and without doubt the next big superstar! Just enjoy his performances.

Clap
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Was it really that easy?

Denmark had gone something like 17 games unbeaten up to that point, whereas the hosts are generally always pretty tough to eliminate. They might have got lucky to meet England in the semi-final but it was still a much stronger than usual English team at the end of the day.

They've showed fantastic resilience throughout the tournament. Won't be going near the final with a barge pole betting wise. Should be a cracker of a final.

Yes it was relatively easy.
None of them would be a top 10 team in the World.

France has to beat Belgium and Uruguay who would be a higher level.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Clap

I just mean it's like it's being forced down our throats that he has been amazing. He is exciting and it's great to see a young player like that with the world at his feet. But I just don't think he has been as influential as what has been made out. I think there are others in that French team who have made more of an influence to get them to the final. 

He'll probably bag a hat-trick now on Sunday LOL

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic