You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boring stuff people do on their holidays

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Why would you bring a book on Holiday.

If its for the plane ill accept that but if for any other reason then f**k me, there’s loads of things to do on Holiday!!

You can even do activities on your own, I was in Poland last month while everyone went to Aushwitch (typo I’m on phone) I trekked all the way from Krakow to the next city Katowice dropping in every pub I passed and ended up having a better day than the group.
You trekked about sixty miles on the beer in one day? No wonder you have no time for reading!

LOL

One issue I hadn’t foreseen I kinda forgot my way back being all tanked up by time I got there Embarrassed
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:13pm

If its for the plane ill accept that but if for any other reason then f**k me, there’s loads of things to do on Holiday!!

You can even do activities on your own, I was in Poland last month while everyone went to Aushwitch (typo I’m on phone) I trekked all the way from Krakow to the next city Katowice dropping in every pub I passed and ended up having a better day than the group.
You trekked about sixty miles on the beer in one day? No wonder you have no time for reading!

LOL

One issue I hadn’t foreseen I kinda forgot my way back being all tanked up by time I got there Embarrassed

You don't go to Auschwitz for the craic.  Of course you enjoyed yourself more than people who have seen where the majority of 6 million people were murdered.

I was in Auschwitz there when we played Poland away in 2015. Its a must see place but wouldn't be full of the joys of spring after it.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:15pm
Are you sure the locals didn't take the piss out of you? It is, according to a quick look on Google maps, a 77.3 kilometre walk. That would be a strange thing for a hiker to do on holidays, never mind a lad on the world's oddest pub crawl!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Horsebox with the darkest shades money can buy LOL
And then the darkest eyes after his quare wan catches on LOL

LOL

She gave him a right grilling after ogling the Polish birds in Torun and raving about them on hereLOL

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

You don't go to Auschwitz for the craic.  Of course you enjoyed yourself more than people who have seen where the majority of 6 million people were murdered.

I was in Auschwitz there when we played Poland away in 2015. Its a must see place but wouldn't be full of the joys of spring after it.

They wanted to go, I didn’t, I was gonna get left to do my own thing.

The main put off was the fact the coach was at like 10am and leaving the nightclub early because you have to get up early when you’re on Holiday sounds like as if you’re back at home tbh Dead

Would rather do an all nighter enjoy myself and improvise
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm

LOL

Always reminds me of a story that stuck in my head about Ron Atkinson and Auschwitz: England were playing out there in the nineties and all their press were staying in the one hotel, most of the press decided to take the opportunity to hire a minibus and go and see the infamous site with Ron preferring to sit in the hotel bar. 
On return to the bar, some of the press pack needed a stiff drink and Ron asked them why they looked so down. When they tried to explain how harrowing it was he merely replied; "it could have been worse, you could have got the train."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:31pm

LOL

The main put off was the fact the coach was at like 10am and leaving the nightclub early because you have to get up early when you’re on Holiday sounds like as if you’re back at home tbh Dead

Funnily enough I was with a few lads in Krakow before the match in Warsaw but didn't get to do what I wanted in Krakow so went back for a few days on my own after the match.  Stayed in a party hostel and you pay 10 euro and they bring you on a nightclub crawl with free shots.  I got in at 5am and got up at 8 or 9 for the bus to Auschwitz as I had prebooked and paid for it.  There was some Aussie birds  who I was out with on the piss and they were booked on the same bus to Auschwitz but weren't able to get up.  I would have been raging had I missed Aushwitz as have always wanted to see it.

Saw the salt mines and the palace and the river etc..

Going to Wroclaw in September for the match so hope to eat some of that Polish grub and Warka or Lech etc..

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:32pm

LOL

You decided to walk over 75 kilometres instead?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:35pm
What else is there to do when you’re badly hungover and youve left on your tod for the day?

Read a book?! LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:46pm
I'm struggling with this one, this is definitely the strangest thing put forward on this thread. Especially as it was deemed as an alternative to something most of us could understand! 
I love a walk on holiday, but that is f**king mental!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:02pm
So Coyne used his own free will to decide what to do...just like someone who brings a book....... world is full of crazy strange bastids alright..
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:33pm
People who go on a sun holiday and never go for a swim be it in the pool or in the sea. They just sit there all day doing nothing. I'd crack up personally 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:37pm
Maybe they can't swim.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:37pm
Having the time to relax by the pool while kids do their thing around tbe pool and having a beer and reading a book. Love that myself. Don't get much time to read normally so love getting stuck into a book while relaxing on holiday.

But would also try and see sites of interest to break it up a bit. Ideal holiday is when you can do a bit of both

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Jul 2018 at 11:38pm
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:03am
Talk about..where they parked in airport/ how much it cost/ where they chanfed their money/ how much it cost.

f**k off
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:53am

What else is there to do when you’re badly hungover and youve left on your tod for the day?

Read a book?! LOL

It’s a personal choice

Read fiction or go on an imaginary 75km walk......

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:18am
Im not sure if its boring or just plain sad but paying €10 for someone to take you to a few nightclubs is giving Coyne a run for his money here.  
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Read a book?! LOL

It’s a personal choice

Read fiction or go on an imaginary 75km walk......

LOL

The imaginary 75km pub crawl 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic